Double major definition (1 Viewer)

aditya

HSC
Hey Im full confused about how to get majors recognised in ur degree...

single major is 44 cp or wateva, and a double major is like 48 (6 seniour units) :S i dont get it?

does that mean to get a major in finance and accounting id have to do 3 seniour untis each along witht the prerequisites for those 3seniour untis? because if thats the requirement for a major then i think its possible to do 4 majors!

Halo

HSC
N/A
A major requires 4 senior units (32 senior CP). If you do 2 more senior units (totalling 48 senior CP) in that area of study, you get a double major qualification (which is essentially an "upgraded" major, NOT two majors).

If you want accounting and finance as your major, you complete at least 4 senior units each. That gives you 64 CP, and adding core units of 32 CP, you get 96 CP. The remaining required CP can be used to "upgrade" to double majors, for electives or minors.

fush

HSC
BY senior units do u mean 3rd year subjects that start with a 3 or 2nd year subjects too?

aditya

HSC
Halo said:
The remaining required CP can be used to "upgrade" to double majors, for electives or minors.

why those, why not another major?

scut

The Journeyman
HSC
aditya said:
Hey Im full confused about how to get majors recognised in ur degree...

single major is 44 cp or wateva, and a double major is like 48 (6 seniour units) :S i dont get it?

does that mean to get a major in finance and accounting id have to do 3 seniour untis each along witht the prerequisites for those 3seniour untis? because if thats the requirement for a major then i think its possible to do 4 majors!
I don't think it's possible to have 4 majors in your degree (For a single 3yr 144cp degree anyway). Theres no way you could satisfy the various requirements for each individual major.

Halo

HSC
N/A
Units 2XXX and above are senior units.

Sorry, yes, a third major is possible. However, some majors cannot be chosen due to CP rules/ pre-requisites and that seniors units only count once.

aditya

HSC
ok cool

also the 144cp rule, is that flexible AT ALL, like even by 4 credit points? I'd rather it mroe, say 10 or 16 would be ideal?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)