dot point (1 Viewer)

spank_meh

add me on MSN NOW!!!!
HSC
well there is this dot poind nd there is the answer but im not really sure if its enough but any1 help?plz :D
Present information and use available evidence to discuss the factors affecting the strength of the
gravitational force.

Answer: \F=(Gm1m2)/d2
From this equation it can be seen that the strength of the gravitational force is affected by the
mass of the objects and the distance between them. The force is directly proportional to the mass of the
object and inversely proportional to the distance squared between the two objects.

------------
the answer was on here but is it enough? nd if its not wat else can u add?

thnx

Last edited:

rama_v

HSC
You could also talk about crustal plate variations, different types of rocks, and altitude which all effect the value of g. Also because the earth is spinning it bulges at the equator and apparently is slightly pear shaped. This will also affect the value of g very slightly depending on where on earth you are measuring it from (no pun intended ;) ).

spank_meh

add me on MSN NOW!!!!
HSC
oh yerrrr thank u heaps :D lol hmm but i think i answered that in some other dot point ahh well lol hmm im bored i might go sleep cyaz all l8ta ;)

Last edited:

Abtari

HSC
yeah i had a similar confusion with this dotpoint...

it says the factors affecting the strength of the gravitational force...
so according to newton's law of gravitation, as spankmeh pointed out, it should be:

the product of the masses involved i.e. their masses
the sqaure of the distance between their centres i.e. separation

why would we talk about all this crustal variations, altitude, latitude, earth not being a perfect sphere? isn't that the factors affecting the magnitude of 'g' not gravitational force??

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)