Don't you hate people who say.... (1 Viewer)

Kmahal1990

HSC
Don't you hate people who say they got bad results and then continue to hold up their head and say they could've got better or beaten you if they studied? It's not about if you could've done something, it's about what you have done.

jeniii

HSC
mm another thing.. not that i hate them ... like im content with a 75% right and then ...

friend: omgsh i did so crap T___T
me: aww really ... wat did u get?
friend: 90%!!! OMGOMGOMGOMG
me: oh
friend: wat did u get
me: 75% ...

how depressing

phatinc

HSC
i don't hate those people, i just don't like their attitude, I mean if they're saying that they got crap cause they didn't study enough, then prove to us next time that you can beat it if your study.

but then again you have to think, they're only saying it to make themselves feel better....i know i do...

hopeles5ly

Take Me Higher.
HSC
N/A
Kmahal1990 said:
Don't you hate people who say they got bad results and then continue to hold up their head and say they could've got better or beaten you if they studied? It's not about if you could've done something, it's about what you have done.
No.
Why would it bother you? you beat them. nuff said.

Last edited:

s2caz

just smile.
HSC
yeah~ honestly it does but like phatinc i say it to make myself feel better.. i just hate it when my friends all say "im dead when reports come out" or "i did so crap in that exam" and they end up getting like 90-95% and im like.. "omg!! just shutup"

Last edited:

SoulSearcher

Entangled in the fabric of space-time ...
HSC
Kmahal1990 said:
Not really.
s2caz said:
yeah~ honestly it does but like phatinc i say it to make myself feel better.. i just hate it when my friends all say "im dead when reports come out" or "i did so crap in that exam" and they end up getting like 90-95% and im like.. "omg!! just shutup"
That I hate though.

Last edited:

lala2

Banned
HSC
I wouldn't care, because I beat them, fair and square. As s2caz above said, it's only when they say, "omg I did SO badly" and then come out with 90's...freaks, that's all I can say. I do respect people who do better than me--in fact, I have several friends who did much better than me in the HSC, it's just those that whine about it.

pritnep

Boredof?
HSC
UnIqUe_PrInCeSs said:
I have a friends like that...."yeah but I don't really care about my mark coz you studied n I didn't."
One of my pet HSC hates they try and use it to justify why they did poorer then expect and in the process try to bring you down by making themselves seem smart if 'only they studied'. :(

I guess everyone gets annoyed by those people but then again I am sure we have all done it at some point or said that an assessment we have done is really crap then it gets 75%+...

Nakashima

We GLAMOROUS
HSC
UnIqUe_PrInCeSs said:
I have a friend like that....like when ever I get hight marks and she barely passes her exams, she says "yeah but I don't really care about my mark coz you studied n I didn't."

that sort of pisses me off sometimes but yeah, it's all good.
When people get shit marks, they try to make you feel like a loser for studying by being all "oh I don't care about school".

It's their loss.

And you can rub it in when you beat them without studying. :p

kami

An iron homily
HSC
N/A
Something that disturbs me when I read these kind of threads is how everyone throws around the term 'beat them' and then expresses how it irritates them the way people are about their marks. How is that better than someone else justifying why you aren't superior - especially when you think of it as 'beating them'?

I also feel I should say that expressing the idea that you could have achieved well beyond the norm if you had properly applied yourself is not neccesarily a commentary on other's marks. I know there are times I have left essays till an hour before due date and written and referenced them properly and gotten credits - knowing that if I had written and edited it in advance that I could well have achieved distinctions and been one of the top students in the class. In that case I was certainly being more regretful on my own actions rather than justifying anything to anyone else.

Nakashima

We GLAMOROUS
HSC
kami said:
I also feel I should say that expressing the idea that you could have achieved well beyond the norm if you had properly applied yourself is not neccesarily a commentary on other's marks. I know there are times I have left essays till an hour before due date and written and referenced them properly and gotten credits - knowing that if I had written and edited it in advance that I could well have achieved distinctions and been one of the top students in the class. In that case I was certainly being more regretful on my own actions rather than justifying anything to anyone else.
There's nothing wrong with that. I think maybe they meant people who imply "I could have beaten you if I tried" rather than just "I could have done better".

Oops, used "beat" again. :eek:

Make that "I could have gotten higher marks than you if I tried".

HSC
yeahh... my friend got like 99% in 2u maths and 98% in maths extension.. and hes like.. ohh yeah.. i couldve done better... frkn hell :mad1:

vizman

HSC
Kmahal1990 said:

i've never come across these types of people

H

housemouse

I just dont like those people who try to make themselves better when they got shit marks.
"Oh I didnt study hehehaha and i passed"
"Oh i just passed, woohoo"

Riviet

HSC
N/A
Everyone has different expectations of themselves, some are ecstatic with a pass, others whinge over a band 6 mark.

Rekkusu

Currently: Away
HSC
haha, I guess that's why we always seem to see a thread in the HSC200(x) discussion board like "Who got a bad UAI, and when I mean bad, it's not like 90+"

XD I'm like totally betting on seeing this topic pop up in your HSC2006 discussion board. Though, yes I can understand how frustrating it can be, if you've studied like hell, and some other guy who you see on MSN talking everyday can get like over 90+ or even beat you in exams.

Weird, though I rarely encounter those types of people...because most of the people I knew who got like 95+ in uai weren't the type of boasting, etc. I suppose it all comes down to whether you can get into the degree you want/dreamt of. Because simply, a whole year of exam marks + UAI cannot 100% show whether that person is really smart or not.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)