Don't want to tell parents my atar (1 Viewer)

nerdasdasd

Dont.msg.me.about.english
HSC
Uni Grad
I think the best option for me is for UWS. There's a course which offers Bachelor of computing(Information Systems) at a cut off of 66.65 and then I'll transfer after a year. How exactly do you do this though? Would you just apply for the degree normally and then apply again for the course that you wanted again after 12 months? I've been researching this and I read somewhere that at UWS, they take 25% of your atar and 75% of your university marks. Is this true?
You apply through UAC to transfer.

Foxyq

HSC
Okay. I just want to know if I still have the ability of achieving an atar of 65 or is it too late :'(

Cinndy

HSC
N/A
I think it's doable. Perhaps you should consider dropping your maths as well, I don't think you can do anything with that to be honest..

Foxyq

HSC
I'm going to talk to my head teacher tomorrow about dropping maths. How doable is it? What are my chances, almost impossible or if I put it consistent work now, will I be able to achieve it?

fishrushed

HSC
One thing to note is that with your assessment or school marks, ranks are the main determining factor. Looking at your ranks, they're not as bad as you would think. I think that Maths is definitely a worry though you are dropping it, so I guess it won't matter too much.
I reckon that hitting your aim is quite doable. I don't think it would be impossible. Just put consistent effort in your work, help your cohort out so you can drag each other up and you'll get there.

Kiraken

RISK EVERYTHING
HSC
N/A
Quit being a wuss, if ur parents are disappointed man up and face them

qwertyuisdfghjk

HSC
Your perspective on life is fucking pathetic. What do you mean by failing at life? It is your own life and you can define what failing means to you, your parents and society can't determine that, they both should just fuck off.
You're about 17-18 now, you have 40-50 years to live then you will die. 40-50 years seems a lot but it will fly. Live the life you want, it doesn't have to be the same stupid routine your parents want you to follow.

Emily Howard

HSC
No I have no idea..but I do know my ranks and marks:

Business: 13/84 - 70%
Biology: 19/63 - 67%
Physics: 25/41 - 32%
Chemistry: 29/39 - 28%
Maths 2unit: 42/42 - 23% :'(
English Standard: 23/159 - 65%

What is the highest possible atar I can get with this?

And thanks for all the replies! I just hope I can get in the 60s to 70s, will that be possible if I completely smash the trials?
no tryin to sound mean but if u are doin ur work, study n payin attention, maybe uni isnt for you? well dependin on wat u want to do in uni

or mayb ur prob is dat u are over yer head in science n mffs n do better in essay based subs

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)