Don't shun the pathways students! (1 Viewer)

flashtrick

Gap year? If only...
HSC
To the 2014ers, you may have students from this year whom had the misfortune of pathways. Don't shun them. Don't think badly of them.

Some students are not academically gifted or go through a rough year when they do year 12. The one thing I feel bad about in my last year of school was not opening up to the pathways students. I can imagine how difficult it was for them. It doesn't matter if they chose to repeat or they were forced into it. The biggest sadness for them would be the fact that all there friends are moving onto in life while they have to go through the obstacle of school once again.

I don't know how it is for other schools, but my school would have always have a handful of repeaters. And when it came to year 12, I noticed that they were never really a part of our cohort. Of course, we didn't bully them or oppress them; it's just I felt that they never 'clicked' into a set of friends. There was this student in my physics class, and he would often than not sit alone at the back. I kinda feel bad for not inviting him over to my table or having a friendly chat with him.

So to all you 2014ers, try and make the effort of befriending the pathways students and making them feel a sense of belonging. Going through high school again must be difficult. It would be even more difficult to do it alone.

Cartss

HSC
I had to repeat year 11, it's heaps rough but atleast with pathways they have more time to closely study the other half of their subjects.
I would do pathways but i don't want to be 20 when i finish school. :tongue:

Haruka

HSC
Yeah... we've got a Pathways student in our year. He towers over us in height too, so it's awkward.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)