dont know what to expect for nursing (1 Viewer)

lene18

HSC
it's my first yr actually for bs nursing and i really don't know what to expect. people say it's a lot of essay writing to do, which i think i'm not so good at. is it true?

klh

HSC
WEll Im not sure sa I dont knwo anyhting about Nursing really sinc eI dont study it, but if you need help writing essays, there are classes offered, and many First Years really need them because they are really valuable in hlep ing oyu write essays, Ay UWS fom the LSU. They also have classes during semester time and i think you should go if oyu feel this way. It makes the task seem easier.

here is th eLSU website: http://www.uws.edu.au/students/ods/lsu and have a browse.

the Wrokshops timetable: look for Academic writing and critical thinking and REFERENCING [its quite a big deal] http://www.uws.edu.au/students/ods/lsu/workshops

and also have a look at your course page: are you B Nursing? or B Health...Ill assuem B Nursing: http://handbook.uws.edu.au/hbook/course.asp?course=4504.1 It will involve some psychology and stuff if i remember correctly but have a read of the units you will be doing so at least you can prepare yourself, and register for those workshops as they are really worth it and they are FREE!

hope it helps.

Last edited:

ally15

Beep.
HSC
Hey Im doing nursing as well! I transferred from another course so Im a first
year-er all over again. Umm check on WebCT and you'll see that the unit outlines are up for each unit. Just have a read and check out the powerpoint notes for the first lecture. Also, theres a readings list where you can do some background reading to get a taste of what's to come. I cant wait for the clinical placement:D

hey guys, im a B.Nursing student, 2nd year. So if you guys have any questions, dont hesitate to message me.

Anyhoo... on the essay writing, YES it is a helluva lot of essay writing! Practically every assignment for first semester is an essay.
I would definately recommend you take those essay writing classes, if your not that confident, because in certain units they are really strict on essay writing.

Oh, another advice.. start your assignments early! and if your not sure, book an appointment with your tutor or lecturer, because trust me it will be worth all the trouble later on.

ally15

Beep.
HSC
hey giggles do you have any 1st year textbooks you are willing to sell?
plz pm me if you do:)

No sorri!
although if your looking for second hand books, go to the nursing CPU building... (if you're at parramatta campus) near Sheila's office, on the board you'll find heaps of 2nd hand books there for sale..

by the way..
Lene18 & Ally15.. how was your first week? do you hate it? do you love it? who do you have as lecturers?

Last edited by a moderator:

shahizzle

HSC
Hey giggles, im aiight with the books, but do u have any advice on where to get cheap stuff like goggles, lab coats, masks and stuff like that. the cheaper the better, especially since my parents aint helpin me to pay for this stuff...

Im based at parra, and its my first year.

ally15

Beep.
HSC
1st week was alright. A bit daunting looking at all the unit outlines and the assessments etc. I like how theres a variety to this course- prac and theory.

check on the message boards on webct.. it should either be on the nt1 site or the b.nursing one.. i cant remember which one.
and keep a look out for the message boards outside sheila's office or in the foyer of the main office of nursing.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)