Don't know what to do (1 Viewer)

Loz_metalhead

HSC
I have chemistry tomorrow and I haven't really studied all year. I was even going to drop it, but didn't.

I know I'm going to fail tomorrow. Should I even bother studying? It seems a bit late...:mad1:

Dougie

Procrastinating Member
HSC
just spend some time gathering ur notes this arvo. put the important ones together. then tomorrow take em and read em just before the exam. you'll at least know some things, with any luck, enough to pass :D

Loz_metalhead

HSC
I wont pass. I don't even have notes really. It wont count towards my UAI.

Dougie

Procrastinating Member
HSC
y didn't you say so! then don't bother, turn up to the exam without a care in the world, watching everyone else cram like crazy. trust me, you get a real perspective of what the hsc actually means then ;)

Loz_metalhead

HSC
Now im worried it will look bad on my certificate. I should have dropped it. ARGHHHH

Dougie

Procrastinating Member
HSC
i thought you can any time up until the exam. talk to the head of curriculum. but then again, you could be surprised how chemistry will scale :)

lala2

Banned
HSC
Or just don't turn up--it's an "unofficial" dropping of the subject since you haven't notified the school, but it's still a dropping that is cnosidered valid--read your enrolment procedures booklet if you have one (which you should have from the start of the HSC year).

HSC
im in exactly the same position...........im not caring at all for it.......i have considered dropping it but then i take into account all the lessons i attended and all that so its not worth it. There are plenty of people in the same boat, some considerably worst (kid in my class got an assesment mark of 28....yes 28)...but just keep it, you can finish the HSC care free, and at least you did 12 units.

klaw

HSC
Don't worry. You only have to endure 3 more hrs of chemistry. Worst possible scenario, you waste 3 hrs of your life. But what are you going to do with those 3 hrs if you don't do your exam anyway? Don't worry about it looking bad on your certificate. It is fairly difficult to get a TERRIBLE board of studies mark and employers won't look at it anyway. What matters is that you get the UAI you need for your uni course and the marks you get in uni. Nobody would care if you did bad in HSC chem. If you do it tomorrow, there is always the possibility that you could do well in it. Didn't I tell you I learnt how to do most of the phys questions DURING the actual exam? :p

H

housemouse

Maybe you should think about the other people in your chemistry class. Your letting them down just because it apparently wont count towards your uai.

Loz_metalhead

HSC
Yeh I feel bad about that, but there's alot of people in all my classes like that. Expecially business studies.

I'm ranked 16/29 in chemistry...it's not like I'm right at the bottom.

riot_girl88

HSC
housemouse said:
Maybe you should think about the other people in your chemistry class. Your letting them down just because it apparently wont count towards your uai.
oh God tell me about it. i am so angry coz in every exam for every one of my subjects i had at least 2 idiots that practically didnt care and didnt attempt the paper. i wanted punch some sense into them.

anyways on topic, just try for chem, at least for your school mates sake.

Loz_metalhead

HSC
I'm reading through the maquarie study guide. So far I have only gotten through industrial chem and chem monitoring and management...not in detail though. I dont know the solvay process or saponification either-to complex to learn in a short period of time.

ditto

drops of jupiter
HSC
yeah i'm the same situation as well!

i read some notes and made some notes from the textbooks that our teachers gave all of usbut lol it's like the day before the exam!. but i'll probably get 50-60% and it wont be counted as best 10 units.

while the Chemitry mark on our HSC would be lower than our other subjects, it does show that we did 12 units, so it seems ok.

Loz_metalhead

HSC
I got 55% for the trial but we were only tested on 3 topics...and I studied a tiny bit.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)