Don't fulfill prerequisites for Victorian universities?? (1 Viewer)

ymbhakimi

HSC
So I undertook Chemistry and 2U Mathematics for the Prelim course and continued Chemistry for about a term and a half of Year 12 and 2U Maths until just after half-yearlies before dropping Chemistry completely and dropping down to General Maths. It wasn't really that I was horrible at either subject, when I put in the effort I was doing really well, but a range of issues including health/family/teachers etc made me feel like dropping would be a wise decision in order to focus on my other subjects. I want to study biomed/medical science next year and none of the uni's I initially intended to apply for had any pre-requisites; only assumed knowledge. My plan was always to do a bridging course which I knew would not be too difficult for me considering I've completed the Year 11 course for both subjects and some of the HSC course.

However, recently I've really wanted to study interstate. I began researching some of the requirements for Monash, Melbourne, Vic Uni etc and they've all listed Chemistry and 2u Maths or higher (equivalent) as actual course prerequisites. I also read somewhere on one of the sites that if you don't fulfill those requirements you won't even be considered for the course...

I'm kind of worried now because I'm really keen on studying biomed at Monash or Melbourne and I haven't read anything about bridging courses available there... My question is if I were to complete a bridging course for Chem and 2u Maths at UNSW or USYD, would that satisfy those requirements? Or is there some sort of program I can complete at Monash/Melb that will let me study my desired course?

Thank you!

RenegadeMx

Kosovo is Serbian
HSC
Uni Grad
i dont know much about vic unis, doubt many others here do either but u could go unsw/usyd and try transfer down into vic unis after a year or so

Ello1234

HSC
Yep that's what the bridging courses are there for :)

ymbhakimi

HSC
Hopefully that's the case! I'm not sure if they'll just completely push aside my application if I haven't fulfilled my requirements though, since they won't technically know I've applied to do bridging courses... Ugh

Ello1234

HSC
Hopefully that's the case! I'm not sure if they'll just completely push aside my application if I haven't fulfilled my requirements though, since they won't technically know I've applied to do bridging courses... Ugh
Maybe you should try calling them up? just to confirm things.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)