Don't drink coke! (1 Viewer)

orly?

HSC
The ingredients (as written in bold) are listed on Australian cans of Coke Zero. Water anyone?

Carbonated water
Colour (150d) - aka "Sulphite Ammonia Caramel"
Food acid 338 - aka "Phosphoric Acid" (Also used for rust removal!)
Food acid 331 - aka "Sodium Citrates" (Also used in photography and as an anticoagulant of blood stored for transfusion!)
Flavour
Sweetener 951 - aka "Asapartame" (According to the US FDA, "the [National Cancer Institute] currently is studying aspartame and other dietary factors as part of a larger study of adult brain cancer." You might want to wait for the results before you drink it. Also, avoid this one if you're moody!)
Sweetener 950 - aka "Acesulfame Potassium" (Looking for reasons to avoid this sweetener? Look no further...)
Preservative 211 - aka "Sodium Benzoate" (Undiluted this stuff isn't too bad... Just don't let it touch your skin!)
Caffeine

http://www.thezeromovement.org/coke_zero_ingredients.html

Gilbert1

Humoures Pun
HSC
I dunno, I've always known its bad but I'll probably keep on drinking it. If it was poison I think it would be illegal

ALLLICE

HSC
the phosphoric acid gives coke it's tangyness

seriously

asscookie

dork.
HSC
It's not like anyone drinks the stuff for the health benefits or anything, geez =/

*continues drinking*

circusmind

HSC
There's cyanide in apples. Let's all freak the fuck out, shall we?

Bacilli

Hypocritical gump
HSC
N/A
The only thing to worry about in Coca-Cola is the amount of sugar.

Not-That-Bright

Andrew Quah
HSC
Food acid 338 - aka "Phosphoric Acid" (Also used for rust removal!)
Citrus juice is more acidic than coke.

Sweetener 951 - aka "Asapartame" (According to the US FDA, "the [National Cancer Institute] currently is studying aspartame and other dietary factors as part of a larger study of adult brain cancer." You might want to wait for the results before you drink it. Also, avoid this one if you're moody!)
I don't know about the rest, but I know for a fact that the FDA, the Australian/NZ Food Standards and the CSIRO (along with a study undertaken for the EU) all find that aspartame is safe for drinking and I could get into it further if you really want me to dig up some old articles.

This makes me question to rest of the 'OMG THIS IS IN THAR' claims.

The worst thing about coke is that it's fattening, sugary, addictive and contains caffein. The worst thing about coke ZERO is what was previously stated, except it's not fattening.

Last edited:

ellen.louise

HSC
What did you think coke was? carbonated water turned black/red?

You know what else they use phosphoric acid for? THAT'S RIGHT!!! CLEANING YOUR TEETH FOR FILLINGS AT THE DENTIST!!! *oh no, I should never go to the dentist again!!! my teeth will fall out!!!*

Seriously, the main thing to worry about in coke is that the sugar will rot your teeth out. And the fact that when you stop drinking it for a while you realize it doesn't actually taste that good.

(enigma)

no soup for you
HSC
don't drink coke!!!!

drink vanilla coke, it tastes better.
:p

coke is so useful tho, you can drink it, you can clean permenant marker off a whiteboard with it...(no it wasnt me that did it lol)

ellen.louise

HSC
(enigma) said:
don't drink coke!!!!

drink vanilla coke, it tastes better.
:p

coke is so useful tho, you can drink it, you can clean permenant marker off a whiteboard with it...(no it wasnt me that did it lol)
It's always someone else's fault... ;)
namely, mine (thankyou Bethany and your legacy of
"It's all your fault, Ellen."
"What is?"
"I don't know yet. Just letting you know in advance."

S1M0

LOLtheist
HSC
*reads ingredients*

Oh man! Can't believe i've been drinking this stuff! I really need to lay off the soft drinks.

ellen.louise

HSC
S1M0 said:
*reads ingredients*

Oh man! Can't believe i've been drinking this stuff! I really need to lay off the soft drinks.
You serious??? Sure, lay off the soft drinks cause its better for you...
but how the hell did you not realize before this massive fucking "health scare" thread that... WOW!!! Coke has chemicals in it!!!
Very sorry but I despise you on principle: you just placed yourself in the same category as Schapelle Corby groupies. I bet you watch A Current Affair.:p ;)

Josie

Everything's perfect!
HSC
Our crazy russian maths teacher at high school hated coke, and wouldn't let anyone into the classroom with it.
She once saw me with a bottle and said "COKE IS DIRTY! YOU POUR COKE DOWN THE TOILET AND THEN APOLOGISE TO THE TOILET!" and then walked off. she was kinda funny.

(Mrs Yastreboff, for any other smiths hillians)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)