dont bitch.dont whine.just think (1 Viewer)

aLeeOh!

about to explode
HSC
you recieved a lousy mark? boohoo for you
that other person who never does any work gets a better mark than you? tough luck
you cant believe that that person who studied THE NIGHT before recieved the same mark as you when you studied your arse off for weeks? c'est la vie
my point?
GET OVER IT
im sick and tired of feeling like i should be feeling guilty for the marks i get. they're not that crash hot, but they get me through. so what if i dont move my arse? so what if i always end up doing night befores? so what if i wanna laugh and have fun at my stupid responses?
you dont think i wanna get out of this bad habit?
i do, but im not going to kill myself over one stupid mark.
ive ended up reading threads that bitch about this or bitch about that... ones that complain that this person is this or that person is that......
who cares what that other person got? if you get the concepts.. if YOU do YOUR work and produce quality stuff... then YOU should be doing fine... YOU should be getting the marks.....not caring about what that lazy arse-aka me- ended up with...
no matter how much you complain... no matter how much you bitch and whine to get it your way... it's not gonna change the fact that maybe.. just MAYBE that other is just more naturally talented in certain areas than you are. maybe they will always be one step ahead of you...
so what. TRY HARDER... why dont you use all the energy you put into complaining and whingeing and turn it into questions that will allow you to improve? why did youget the mark you did? what did you do wrong?
leave other people alone!
i know that in some situations it really may have been biased or marked unfairly... but think it over before you chuck a dummy spit.
also, if you get a shit mark? its not the end of the world.
dont start crying or getting shitty at others for something you obviously stuffed up yourself in an exam or assessment.
this is just one part of your life... if you cant handle failure at this stage in your life?
then your gonna be f*cked later on....

Ziff

HSC
N/A
That's right!
As someone who does study for assignments the night before and manages reasonable marks I'm sick of dickheads with tutors, parents with an interest in the area (e.g. barristers/solicitors and they do Legal Studies etc) and so on whinging that they aren't coming first whilst I kick their arse operating out of a garage!

Obviously I am the best person ever and they can go get fucked.

skypryn

sexual robot
HSC
N/A
Originally posted by aLeeOh!
if you cant handle failure at this stage in your life?
if you keep doing night befores at this stage in the HSC you're gonna be f*cked later on. I agree with you i would never qinge if beaten by a lazy-arse because their lack of application will undoubtedly catch up with them. i rekkon your thread just sounds to me like you're giving yourself a wrap for being so smart...it wont pay off. you will never get a good mark unless you try fully hard

Giant Lobster

HSC
lol is this thread partially aimed at me by any chance? :) cos i have been "whining" as of late... though not particularly about anything uve listed there.. hmmmm

Sarah168

London Calling
HSC
yeah, i have many ppl in my classes who are actually MAD (some of them are friends) at me cos i get either full marks or close to it without doing the silly class work set by the teacher. its damn frustrating sometimes, but im like, if i got that mark then its mine and they can go get stuffed. it doesnt mean i didnt study at all, i just study DIFFERENTLY.

Ziff

HSC
N/A
I like perpetuating the myth of not studying at all just to piss people off. They're all arseholes, they can get fucked :D

DopeyB

HSC
Originally posted by aLeeOh!
you recieved a lousy mark? boohoo for you
that other person who never does any work gets a better mark than you? tough luck
you cant believe that that person who studied THE NIGHT before recieved the same mark as you when you studied your arse off for weeks? c'est la vie
my point?
GET OVER IT
im sick and tired of feeling like i should be feeling guilty for the marks i get. they're not that crash hot, but they get me through. so what if i dont move my arse? so what if i always end up doing night befores? so what if i wanna laugh and have fun at my stupid responses?
you dont think i wanna get out of this bad habit?
i do, but im not going to kill myself over one stupid mark.
ive ended up reading threads that bitch about this or bitch about that... ones that complain that this person is this or that person is that......
who cares what that other person got? if you get the concepts.. if YOU do YOUR work and produce quality stuff... then YOU should be doing fine... YOU should be getting the marks.....not caring about what that lazy arse-aka me- ended up with...
no matter how much you complain... no matter how much you bitch and whine to get it your way... it's not gonna change the fact that maybe.. just MAYBE that other is just more naturally talented in certain areas than you are. maybe they will always be one step ahead of you...
so what. TRY HARDER... why dont you use all the energy you put into complaining and whingeing and turn it into questions that will allow you to improve? why did youget the mark you did? what did you do wrong?
leave other people alone!
i know that in some situations it really may have been biased or marked unfairly... but think it over before you chuck a dummy spit.
also, if you get a shit mark? its not the end of the world.
dont start crying or getting shitty at others for something you obviously stuffed up yourself in an exam or assessment.
this is just one part of your life... if you cant handle failure at this stage in your life?

hey hey hey....steady on bitch

Sickle

Hello Sunshine
HSC
I havn't heard people whine about others who cram and get higher marks when the other studies their ass off... although what I have been hearing is (which really get's my blood boiling) is the people who come the top of the class/ year in what ever stubject it may be, and they're complaining that they're gonna fail, that they're life will be over, that they're stupid and don't know anything.

If I didn't know these people as well as I do I'd think that they're feeling's are genuine and that their kinda depressed. Yet I do know them and they aren't depressed or anything, they want attention. They want pity, they want people to feel sorry for them. Not going to happen. They study their asses off to get the top of the year and they know it, that's what I get sick of. All I want is for them to complain to some one who actually gives a damn.

flyin'

EDIT
HSC
N/A
aLeeOh!, someone has to tell them! And good on ya!

Princess Max

HSC
I partially agree....people shouldn't whine, obviously those that do have issues, but you shouldn't knock studying...for some its the only way they will be able to progress and better themselves in this world. Our system is designed to allow kids that aren't so smart to acheive and if studying is what you have to do to get there in the end, i'm up for it. I also believe that those that don't put the effort in class will pay later, but that belief is solely up to the individual.

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
you shouldn't be feeling guilty for your marks

but you should not brag about only doing it the night before (i'm not saying you do, but many people in your position do)

anyway, at least you have the right perspective on getting bad marks

Originally posted by Sickle
(which really get's my blood boiling) is the people who come the top of the class/ year in what ever stubject it may be, and they're complaining that they're gonna fail, that they're life will be over, that they're stupid and don't know anything.

If I didn't know these people as well as I do I'd think that they're feeling's are genuine and that their kinda depressed. Yet I do know them and they aren't depressed or anything, they want attention. They want pity, they want people to feel sorry for them. Not going to happen. They study their asses off to get the top of the year and they know it, that's what I get sick of. All I want is for them to complain to some one who actually gives a damn.
some people, no matter how hard they study, still feel like that though. but they shouldn't complain when they realise they geet good marks, unless provoked to complain

but some do want pity, and they are the most annoying. especially when they go on and on and on about something, and then they are always first. or they say things to make you feel better, e.g. at a swimming carnival - i am a slow swimmer too. yet then they win :confused: - just an example

Iunny

Originally posted by Sickle
I havn't heard people whine about others who cram and get higher marks when the other studies their ass off... although what I have been hearing is (which really get's my blood boiling) is the people who come the top of the class/ year in what ever stubject it may be, and they're complaining that they're gonna fail, that they're life will be over, that they're stupid and don't know anything.

sooo feel for you

aleeoh - i study last minute, i suck :) a guy i know studies last minute, he doesn't suck, more power to him. Just that its annoying cause he goes around bragging about it, just don't do that

we're not whining cause you guys do less work and get better marks, we're whining because you guys brag a bit too much

santaslayer

HSC
......or some do other things to get attention......like the law girl who got 100% in her economics exam at uni.....
she had to actually put the piece of paper in front of the desk, wave it around, to get attention. (this was in our early mornong 9:30 class)...then i saw her again the same day at 5:30PM in another class..
still holding that stoopid piece of paper!@!!!!!!!!!!!

i mean......wtf?

glycerine

so don't even ask me
HSC
to one extent I agree with this thread... and to another I don't.

it IS frustrating when someone does better than you after trying only half as hard. it sucks to get mediocre/bad marks, it's obviously a disappointing thing. last week, someone didn't pull their weight with a group assignment, and now I've lost 20 marks automatically because I trusted them to do SOME work. I was really fucking pissed off, because I *had* done the work, I had taken time that I didn't really have to finish it and I was aiming for the award in that subject. (thank god it's only prelim). I whined and bitched all day and cried and kicked stuff. then I got over it. that's not exactly the situation you discussed, but I do think it's okay to get overly upset - providing you move on with your life.

Iunny

too bad the hsc counts, and i'll do more than whine and bitch if i were you

Iunny

not to mention, if i stuff up and didn't get jinto the course.. i'll be whining for one whole week!

Sarah168

London Calling
HSC
i fucking HATE groupwork. its stupid. luckily there is no such thing as group work in the hsc

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)