Don't ban the Burkha, embrace it (1 Viewer)

ibbi00

HSC
Most Muslims do not support the Burqa. As in, they wouldn't want to see their wife/daughter/mother wearing one. It's arguably a cultural practice rather than a religious one. Having said that, banning the Burqa will see Muslims take it to heart and further fuel radicals' arguments: "They hate us! They'll never accept us... Bla bla bla". Personally, I'd caution on the side of not banning it as it is a step backwards rather than an advancing one.

Rothbard

HSC
N/A
Most Muslims do not support the Burqa. As in, they wouldn't want to see their wife/daughter/mother wearing one. It's arguably a cultural practice rather than a religious one. Having said that, banning the Burqa will see Muslims take it to heart and further fuel radicals' arguments: "They hate us! They'll never accept us... Bla bla bla". Personally, I'd caution on the side of not banning it as it is a step backwards rather than an advancing one.
dude stop tl;dring my writing-words

Yeah isn't it *entirely* cultural? Doesn't the Quran just state people need to be modest, not chattle?

ibbi00

HSC

Yeah isn't it *entirely* cultural? Doesn't the Quran just state people need to be modest, not chattle?
I used 'arguably' for mere political correctness as whenever I was trying to dismiss a practice as cultural when it clearly is, I was slammed personally throughout these forums.

Mate, I read your mini-essay. Other than the un-Australian use of 'z's instead of 's's and the occasional lack of political correctness it's an agreeable piece from a neutral perspective.

Last edited:

Haustier

HSC
Democracy is not fine, it allows the majority to use the apparatus of state to seize the property of others and enforce their idiotic views on other people.
Alternative?

There's no free speech in Australia, please cite.
The restrictions aren't that great - Holocaust denial is stupid because there are some questions that need to be answered.

Rothbard

HSC
N/A
alternative is radical property ownership without enforced social contract ye

abbeyroad

HSC
N/A
Muslims strictly adhering to their rules is no way a new development, especially not over the last 15 years. It has always existed. It's just that we pay more attention to it now because we realize it is a threat to the West. Why is it a threat to the West? All highly religious have in them the idea that their faith is 100% correct and above human created laws. Along with this the Muslims have the idea of the Ummah (all Muslims) joined together under the worldwide caliphate.

You may think that "westernizing" Muslims should be our goal instead of pushing them to be more religious, in order to destroy their ideas of imminent Western collapse and Islamic world domination. I'm pretty liberal but I'd prefer for the government to ban the Burqa and pass other anti-Religious measures to have Australia divided into "them" (Muslims) and "us" (All seculars and some of the more benign religious groups) and have them pushed away so far from Australian and Western ideals (religious criticism and skepticism, freedom, secularism, democracy, all of which are nonexistent in Islam).

This would make mass deportation much easier if the average Australian knows he has such an alien and implacable enemy.
the government is not your personal army you freedom hating communist.

nomoar

HSC
N/A

Yes, it is.

The veil is cultural attire existing since the ancient times. Whether you were Jew, Muslim, Christian or worshipped or idolised whatever, a woman wore the veil to protect her modesty because rape was rampant (obvs very different to nowadays) and it protected her from the sun, sand and wind.

Today, women here are *relatively* safe from being raped (for eg, a woman can generally roam the streets freely without anticipating a rapist to attack her)...and...we have sunscreen...so...

Yeah, and fix up the zs in there. I cringed at 'westernization'.

SylviaB

Just Bee Yourself 🐝
HSC
thats because you're an economic illiterate moron

TacoTerrorist

HSC
hurrr durr free market will solve the worlds problems derp look at starving kids in africa if multinational companies stopped raping the continent the peepel wuld be worse off yo hurrrrp invisible hand yada yada yada

SylviaB

Just Bee Yourself 🐝
HSC
hurrr durr free market will solve the worlds problems derp look at starving kids in africa if multinational companies stopped raping the continent the peepel wuld be worse off yo hurrrrp invisible hand yada yada yada
thank you for proving my point

BBJ is back

Banned
HSC
N/A
We can make that sort of speech illegal and deport people who talk like that (Downright idiotic and barbaric making speech illegal)
Is nolan still using this fucking account? wtf is this shit

SylviaB

Just Bee Yourself 🐝
HSC
ugh how do MH conservatives manage to function I mean seriously

"More science please. Less Muslim-first sermons."

:mad1:

autumn-angel

HSC
well very long long ago... people were always naked and wore no clothes (nudity is more common thesedays and people are more exposing themselves)

after that they were half naked... sort of how like cavemen were
like lots of people are today

why dont you ban those?

If you find burqa ancient
then I suppose how most westernised people dress today (or not dress at all) is pre historic... maybe a little updated
but the concept remains the same

btw burqas are updated too... u wont realise though...they put net around the part where u can see the eyes.. some even have fancy computer generated designs...

I'm on neither side

But why cant people dress a little more modestly thesedays?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)