Don't Ask, Don't Tell: Is Obama a pussy? (2 Viewers)

kami

An iron homily
HSC
N/A
Lol you make it sound like it's impossible to resist any talk of sexuality! Wasnt it only last week that those sailors got into all that trouble for having a private bet about how many women they could sleep with? It's always unacceptable.
But sure, casual talk will come up about girls etc, naturally. But silence is the price that the homosexual must pay in order to enlist. Their immorality would have an intolerable effect on morale
Is this not obscene? I would think we should defend the morality of all from such lewd talk.

Iron

Ecclesiastical Die-Hard
HSC
No because that particular discussion is truly natural and useful in encouraging genuine male bonding

Lentern

HSC
No because that particular discussion is truly natural and useful in encouraging genuine male bonding
I struggle to see where the distinction between guy talk and lust comes along. Hence god has no place in the armed forces.

kami

An iron homily
HSC
N/A
I thought we had to suppress our natural urges so as to be pure in the flame that is the love of Christ? Surely their struggle to repress their lewd expression of straightness would serve to unite them?

Iron

Ecclesiastical Die-Hard
HSC
These urges are true to the urges which God intended - that we go forth and multiply with the woman he made for our companionship

kami

An iron homily
HSC
N/A
These urges are true to the urges which God intended - that we go forth and multiply with the woman he made for our companionship
Do you support soldiers plowing the fields of native maidens, seeding their bellies, while abroad?

Iron

Ecclesiastical Die-Hard
HSC
Do they love them and vow to cherrish them and no other for their whole life?

Lentern

HSC
Iron I fear you are shamefully missreprenseting the message Moses gave to us. These affections are not to be dished out to anything rightly proportioned they are to be used sparingly for the one w intend to procreate with

Iron

Ecclesiastical Die-Hard
HSC
Iron I fear you are shamefully missreprenseting the message Moses gave to us. These affections are not to be dished out to anything rightly proportioned they are to be used sparingly for the one w intend to procreate with
Spoken like the gay you are, m8

loquasagacious

NCAP Mooderator
HSC
I find it curious that a military would be tasked with defending a state and by extension the 'way of life' of it's citizens, including gay ones, but would not allow it's soldiers to enjoy these self same rights.

Lentern

HSC
Spoken like the gay you are, m8
Run from it all you like, don't covet your neighbours wife, don't be adulterous, don't lust, it pops up all over the place you Rasputin.

Iron

Ecclesiastical Die-Hard
HSC
I find it curious that a military would be tasked with defending a state and by extension the 'way of life' of it's citizens, including gay ones, but would not allow it's soldiers to enjoy these self same rights.
'Way of life' is an interesting expression, given the inherent barriers homosexuality sets up against life...
I dont think that any of us can come together on this issue because you first need to conceed that a moral realm exists which is bigger and more noble than any of us or anything we can create. 'Rights', in my thinking, are not just licences to pursue any selfish goal as long as others are reasonably protected from your excess...

This gradual exclusion of (non-fundamentalist) Christian morality from the public square is steadily hindering an encounter between peoples and their collaboration for the genuine progress of humanity. Public life is sapped of its motivation and politics takes on a domineeting and aggressive character.

We talk about this so-called human right, yet where is the balancing with other, more fundamental human rights? Aid to the third world, for instance? Realhuman rights risk being ignored either because they are robbed of their transcendent foundation or because true personal freedom is not acknowledged - only selfish, gluttonous individualism is

Last edited:

kami

An iron homily
HSC
N/A
'Way of life' is an interesting expression, given the inherent barriers homosexuality sets up against life...

I dont think that any of us can come together on this issue because you first need to conceed that a moral realm exists which is bigger and more noble than any of us or anything we can create. 'Rights', in my thinking, are not just licences to pursue any selfish goal as long as others are reasonably protected from your excess...

This gradual exclusion of (non-fundamentalist) Christian morality from the public square is steadily hindering an encounter between peoples and their collaboration for the genuine progress of humanity. Public life is sapped of its motivation and politics takes on a domineeting and aggressive character.

We talk about this so-called human right, yet where is the balancing with other, more fundamental human rights? Aid to the third world, for instance? Realhuman rights risk being ignored either because they are robbed of their transcendent foundation or because true personal freedom is not acknowledged - only selfish, gluttonous individualism is
What is wrong with self-development and empowerment, Iron? It seems to be a principle that is interwoven with spirituality, religion, politics and culture to the point that needlessly halting it seems to be detrimental. Surely we can develop and empower the individual self while pursuing the wider causes our social conscience demands of us? It should be noted too that pursuing rights for LGBT persons is not just an individual pursuit, it's for a fairly large part of the population and has strong ties to gender equality. Pursuing LGBT rights is not solely about the self despite furthering it.

I should also point out that the discussion of sexuality, sexual equality and more is often integral to many third world issues as well, particularly in countries where it is legal to be executed on the basis of queerness. That becomes a very dangerous tool to bring into play - the power to have another executed simply because they are or are perceived to be LGBT - and that devalues life itself.

Also, how do we define a real right, Iron, as opposed to a false one?

Iron

Ecclesiastical Die-Hard
HSC
What is wrong with self-development and empowerment, Iron? It seems to be a principle that is interwoven with spirituality, religion, politics and culture to the point that needlessly halting it seems to be detrimental. Surely we can develop and empower the individual self while pursuing the wider causes our social conscience demands of us? It should be noted too that pursuing rights for LGBT persons is not just an individual pursuit, it's for a fairly large part of the population and has strong ties to gender equality. Pursuing LGBT rights is not solely about the self despite furthering it.

I should also point out that the discussion of sexuality, sexual equality and more is often integral to many third world issues as well, particularly in countries where it is legal to be executed on the basis of queerness. That becomes a very dangerous tool to bring into play - the power to have another executed simply because they are or are perceived to be LGBT - and that devalues life itself.

Also, how do we define a real right, Iron, as opposed to a false one?
Haey! You cant take me on directly! It's just not done that way!

'Self-development' is a contradiction in Christian terms. Lol at empowerment m8, I just lol so hard at that fkn word. And who is this "we" 'empowering' the individual, hm? You? You and your perverted idea of human happiness? Your sexual vulgarity? Are you really confident that youve found the meaning of life which can empower others, or is that the arrogance of your self-love logic speaking?

How dare you bring up the third world, though. You prance in here, talking about the power and magesty of 'LGBT' peoples and hint at the paradise you have in sight, like the paradise of any other corrupt, futile and falliable human ideology, and you have the nerve to address us on the subject of developing the third world? If theyre executing your people, that's a shame. But you have balls to rock up there and disguise your immorality with 'progress', showering them with condoms and telling them to sleep with who ever they like, married or not, male or female, adult or child.

Seriously, I have zero tolerance with your specific brand of hedonism, which preaches the 'empowering' effect of free sex with anyone and everyone - as if this is a sufficient meaning and pursuit, as if it even approaches the immense dignity of man. Yours is an inhuman ideology which sees men as nothing more than the mechanical units of a greed driven world which constantly attempts to break the divine for its own vain reasons

kami

An iron homily
HSC
N/A
Haey! You cant take me on directly! It's just not done that way!

'Self-development' is a contradiction in Christian terms. Lol at empowerment m8, I just lol so hard at that fkn word. And who is this "we" 'empowering' the individual, hm? You? You and your perverted idea of human happiness? Your sexual vulgarity? Are you really confident that youve found the meaning of life which can empower others, or is that the arrogance of your self-love logic speaking?

How dare you bring up the third world, though. You prance in here, talking about the power and magesty of 'LGBT' peoples and hint at the paradise you have in sight, like the paradise of any other corrupt, futile and falliable human ideology, and you have the nerve to address us on the subject of developing the third world? If theyre executing your people, that's a shame. But you have balls to rock up there and disguise your immorality with 'progress', showering them with condoms and telling them to sleep with who ever they like, married or not, male or female, adult or child.

Seriously, I have zero tolerance with your specific brand of hedonism, which preaches the 'empowering' effect of free sex with anyone and everyone - as if this is a sufficient meaning and pursuit, as if it even approaches the immense dignity of man. Yours is an inhuman ideology which sees men as nothing more than the mechanical units of a greed driven world which constantly attempts to break the divine for its own vain reasons
LOL

I love you, Iron. You didn't really answer the question though.

Jeee

Banned
HSC
Now that you have confessed your love, can we wrap this up?
I've gotten so many email notifications.
kaythanksbye.

kami

An iron homily
HSC
N/A
Now that you have confessed your love, can we wrap this up?
I've gotten so many email notifications.
kaythanksbye.
You do know that you don't have to get e-mail notifications for every thread you post in, right?

absorber

HSC
During his campaign President Obama promised to repeal Don't ask, Don't tell (DADT) which is a military policy in the US forbidding LGBT persons from serving openly in the military. However, in the wake of his being inducted into office, Obama has completely back pedaled on the issue despite near unanimous supporting for the repeal of the policy by the military itself and LGBT groups. Recently Obama has also disclaimed the fact that he has the authority to repeal DADT, despite him being Commander in Chief of the armed forces and all that.

So wth is up with Obama? Is he that scared of the conservatives? This move would lose him pretty much no political capital at all so why is he upholding a policy that puts the US up there with Russia, China and Iran in its handling of gays in the military? Is Obama that much of a pussy?
Obama's less of a pussy than most other politicians of today, of any country. he recently condemned african leaders and claimed they were the main problem that their countries were so poor (something previous presidents failed to do).
Obama would lose votes, fundamentalist christian america wouldn't like it very much. Let's hope he looks at it more in his second term, but obama's got a hell of a lota stuff to do in the meantime

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)