Donne Help!!! (1 Viewer)

smegger_em

Clever Cookie
Melbourne, or as it shoulda, could, woulda been ca
HSC
You just have to slot it in and sound intelligent, no matter what the form we end up haveing to write in (feature article, web page, converstaion etc) either in the form of direct quotes
ie Lovelock said ''...donnes love poetry, the adoration of womens bodies shows his need for something physical to worship, which his conversion had denied him...''
or Lovelock says that Donne trasfered his need to worship something physical to women

Minai

Alumni
HSC
Uni Grad
yes basically

also use them for a purpose, like if your trying to get a point across, write your statement and then write somethin like "Eliot shared this view, stating that '........' "
so basically you're justifying your statement thru a critic

Big Willy

Cabra Junkie RULES
HSC
J D

What i did for my assesment was i:
1) Raised a topic relating back to the question
2) Justified this using the textual integrity, including techniques and poetic devices
3) Shoved in crictic (saying whether they agreed/disagreed)
4) SHOW UR PERSONAL THOUGHTS (ie u liked, u disagree with critic etc)

... if all else fails, make up ur own critic. hahaha thats what i did with helen gardener! I had like 5mins left, and i forgot what to talk about, so i said "she thought it was unique and so on.."

pulse

missed the point

i think everyone missed the point in just slotting in what critics said i suggest you look at the syllabus descriptors/ description of the critical study of a text module (or whatever its called).

youll find the main point of all of the work is really to compare what different critics said, what their perspective was and why ie. how they viewed donnes work and what from their social context gave them this view. then you have to compare the critics social context with donnes. the module has alot to do with social history.

so really wide reading is good for this module.

p00_p00

Re: missed the point

Originally posted by pulse
i think everyone missed the point in just slotting in what critics said i suggest you look at the syllabus descriptors/ description of the critical study of a text module (or whatever its called).

youll find the main point of all of the work is really to compare what different critics said, what their perspective was and why ie. how they viewed donnes work and what from their social context gave them this view. then you have to compare the critics social context with donnes. the module has alot to do with social history.

so really wide reading is good for this module.
Absolutely, u need to relate to the dominant social pschye of the time and how it has imppacted this crittics anaylsis

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)