• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

DONNE and W;T SPEECH (1 Viewer)

ChelseaMiller

HSC
Uni Grad
Hi all, :)

Here's the question to the speech: How do you think central values in Donne's poetry are creatively re-shaped in W't? Respond to this statement with close reference to W;t and TWO of Donne's poems. You must refer to at least TWO specific values.

Okay my poems are "Death be not proud" and "If poysonous mineralls".
My TWO values are fogiveness/dignity and religous faith/regrets

I just need ideas on how to structure (maybe give me little sub headings) my speech. Also, any key quotes would be awesome too. :)

Yuekiko

HSC
Sorry, this might be a bit of a late response on your post but you really need to structure it around the ideas of the module in every paragraph - that is, how context shapes differing values on common notions. For example, Donne's religious faith is his value on death as a result of his Elizabethan Protestant understanding while Edson's lack of faith (which is seen in her understanding of death that is just full of ambiguities) is a result of her secular context. You really always need to connect everything back to context and specifically to this elective which requires that you examine that it is through Edson's "implicit and explicit" references in W;t that she reshapes Donne's notion.
From my understanding, you can do this simply though adding that specific sentence into your intro! You could also maybe incorporate one piece of evidence relating to that in your body paras like say, how Edson's reshapes Donne's original "This is My Playes Last Scene" as the form of her own text.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)