Dominant/recessive (1 Viewer)

rixie888

HSC
Can someone help me to determine whether having ear lobe's free is dominant or recessive in the following case.

In 3 generations only one person, who is in generation one, displays this trait( free earlobe's). Everyone else has their earlobe's attached.

Thanks!

fullonoob

fail engrish? unpossible!
HSC
Can someone help me to determine whether having ear lobe's free is dominant or recessive in the following case.

In 3 generations only one person, who is in generation one, displays this trait( free earlobe's). Everyone else has their earlobe's attached.

Thanks!
ear lobe's free is recessive i think. Doesn't carry on to the next generations

sinophile

HSC
N/A

Thanks!

I believe it could be either. You need more info.

sinophile

HSC
N/A
How could it be either? If it was dominate it would show up in all three generations.
Not neccesarily. If dominant, the affected person in Gen 1 could be heterozygous. This means there is a probability that all generations afterwards have a chance of getting no dominant alleles at all, thus being unaffected.

Unless i'm mistaken and Gen1 is the newest generation, not the oldest.

ruchira2122

HSC
Not neccesarily. If dominant, the affected person in Gen 1 could be heterozygous. This means there is a probability that all generations afterwards have a chance of getting no dominant alleles at all, thus being unaffected.

Unless i'm mistaken and Gen1 is the newest generation, not the oldest.
yeahh your right about the hetrozygous thing

but Gen 1 is the oldest. You name them from the top down - starting with 1

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)