Doing subjects outside your major ? (1 Viewer)

Ballinnn

HSC
Hi, just started second year transferring to a comm degree. I am majoring in Economics and was looking to do a WAM boosting subject like cultural/gender studies on the side. My question is would employers look down upon this? Do they really take into account this on your transcript when going for a job/internship , or could i use this to boost my WAM to further my chances for a internship?

Amundies

Commander-in-Chief
HSC
Uni Grad
(Not an expert, so don't take my advice over others e.g. enoilgam and seremify007)

As far as I know, there are some employers who do request a full academic transcript and look at marks you have received for any relevant subjects and so for jobs like this WAM boosting doesn't really help you. I also haven't heard that employers look down upon doing a WAM boosting subject (maybe they just don't do it, or maybe there's a reason such as they don't want to assume that the person doesn't have a genuine interest in gender studies or whatever the boosting subject is).

There are a lot of people who take subjects to boost their WAM, so if I were you I would not rule out doing a WAM boosting subject.

Ballinnn

HSC
Cheers, what would be some good boosting subjects in your opinion?

passionxmusic

HSC
N/A
WRIT. Do WRIT subjects: WRIT1000, WRIT1001 and WRIT2002 etc. if you want good WAM boosters (it'll take some effort though).

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)