Doing MED overseas as an Australian? (1 Viewer)

bangladesh

HSC
Never said he is guaranteed an internship in Australia but you can't rule it out since there are plenty of overseas trained doctors in Australia. My neighbor and grandfather are two examples - both trained in the UK.
As someone replied to you already, they came to australia when there was a shortage and that no longer is the situation in Australia. In fact, over 200-300 international students who studied medicine in australia/nz could not get an internship in an australian hopsital upon finishing their degree. I think that'll give you an idea of how slim his chances of getting an internship are if he's studied overseas.

isildurrrr1

HSC
N/A
As someone replied to you already, they came to australia when there was a shortage and that no longer is the situation in Australia. In fact, over 200-300 international students who studied medicine in australia/nz could not get an internship in an australian hopsital upon finishing their degree. I think that'll give you an idea of how slim his chances of getting an internship are if he's studied overseas.
There is still a shortage of doctors.

http://www.immi.gov.au/skilled/general-skilled-migration/pdf/sol.pdf

The point is hospitals don't want inexperienced doctors, they want people who already have years of experience working in their field.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)