Doing essays other than what you studied in school? (1 Viewer)

redsxzz

HSC
N/A
HEy peeps, can I forgo doing, in Module B I think, Gatsby and Browning in favour of Frankesntein and Blade Runner as I have a very good essay on it from when I did the subject in a different institution and its better than what I have on Gatsby and Browning? The teacher is a bit iffy, she says that I might not be able to because the board requires me to do at least one text of each genre as in poetry, novel etc and to change would upset that balance but I am not sure. Can anyone help me out?

Crobat

#tyrannosaurusREKT
HSC
Those texts are texts for Module A. I'm not sure about what you're teacher is saying; Frankenstein is a book, and Blade Runner is a movie, and they are texts of their own offered for study in Module A, so it's quite obvious you're allowed to do so. That being said, I don't recommend you try and switch texts last minute. If you are basing this predicament off the fact that you have a better F/BR essay than G/B, then I suggest you reconsider. You simply will not have studied either texts as well as Gastby and Browning (as you didn't cover it in class) so if the question is a bit difficult, you're left with this awkward essay that's good in its own respect, but possibly un-adaptable and largely irrelevant to the question. But you do mention you studied it in another institution, so I'm guessing by that you mean a tutoring college of some sort? If that is the case, then just make sure you know the F/BR texts well enough to be able to easily add quotes/techniques/ideas if necessary. I wouldn't recommend it, but if you genuinely feel like you are more comfortable and knowledgeable of F/BR than G/B then I guess you should try it.

redsxzz

HSC
N/A
What she meant is that since Barret Browning is poetry and we are not doing any other poetic text, you cannot replace it. By another institution I meant another school, I dropped out before, and in that school it was Peter Skyrznecki or whatever it is fopr belonging that was the poetry of the texts given to us so thats why we didnt need poetry in Module A. But here at TAFE, we're doing Strictly Ballroom as our belonging text so we need poetry somewhere else apparently and thats where Barret Browning comes in. Is this true at all?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)