doing an "all nighter" - studying all night (1 Viewer)

rcandelori

All nighters are only beneficial if you actually know something about what your studying. I don't think its as useful if you know NOTHING when u decide to start studying.

al_x

short*
HSC
Well i'm not going to pull an all nighter tonight, but i had 3 days off and then bio and music on the same day, and the last 2 days i havent studied for bio really until about an hour ago, so i'm going to be up pretty late tonight trying to catch up. As for all nighters, i don't recommend pulling one the eve of an exam, better to do it the previous night, so u actally get some sleep before the exam... get some sleep the morning before and then get up and keep going. this is my tactic and its pretty good! also its true that all nighters dont help if ur trying to learn the entire course, only for revision

darkroomgirl

HSC
All nighters are horrible, horrible, horrible.

I used to think that I could cope well with them. I think my first one was in Year 11 (hahaha) for an assessment task. The next day I couldn't even think straight, but what the hell, I finished my work!

My last one (which was this year) I think I did for Extension 2 English. That was really, really bad. I went to sleep for 30 minutes and as soon as I woke up, my nose started bleeding.

SCARY.

Ever since then, I made a point to get myself some sleep... at my most desperate I'd get at least 3 hours. That's better than no sleep at all.

For exams, there's no way I'd do an all-nighter, because I want my mind to be relaxed and happy and stress-free on the day. That way, I could the best that I could on the actual test.

By the way, random fact... do you guys know that if you lost 2 hours of sleep a night regularly for a whole week, your body would react the next week as if you haven't had sleep at all?

Hope that throws everyone off those all-nighters.

PaleReflection

i can teach you
HSC
darkroomgirl said:
By the way, random fact... do you guys know that if you lost 2 hours of sleep a night regularly for a whole week, your body would react the next week as if you haven't had sleep at all?

Hope that throws everyone off those all-nighters.
Where does this random fact come from? Because I've lost at least 3 hours of sleep per night for the past year or so and I'm fine.

Well, it's 5:39am and I'm still awake, but that's beside the point.

HSC
i do all nighter for assignments, but in exams it's probably not good coz the pressure is bad enough, plus the sleepiness makes it harder for you to concentrate.

I remember stuffing up my exam by studying all night and lack of sleep. Coffee, meth, other stuff I tend to stay away. They just numb the brain in the long run.

The recovery time needed from the lack of sleep is much longer (usually a week) if you've lost a day. (agreeing with what they've said before). Time lost from studying other subs for the upcoming exams.

I heard that having a last look at your subject notes just before you sleep and just as you wake up is good for remembering stuff.

HSC
pete_mate said:
has anyone tried this? does it work?

i've heard that you only get tired the day after you finally go to sleep,

so with some coffee and extreme studying this might work?
all nighters dont work...unless you've slept during the day. you cant concentrate. your body has programmed you to sleep during the night for your whole life and fighting those is taking away concentration...

study at intervals during the day. be smart about it.

bitchgirl

University Life
HSC
you can study at night and sleep after you've studied, things get into your head but dont do a "all nighter" without any sleep before the exams

fantasia

HSC
you should at least get 1-2 hours sleep even if you're doing an all nighter. it'll help you concentrate later on in the exam and it will help you process information and stuff better.

study hard but look after yourself.

IceBreaker

HSC
i rather get my 8 hr sleep than do a all nighter, even if i didnt study anything

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)