Does Unsw Have Online Lectures? (1 Viewer)

daviesem

HSC
hi all,
one of my friends who goes to maquarie uni says that she never turns up for most of her lectures because they are on the net any way, is this the case for unsw aswell?

elfm

HSC
Perhaps she meant lecture notes?

Anyway, for most of your classes, I doubt you'll get a recording of the lecture unless you happen to be lucky enough to get the right lecturer and room.

Pierotte

HSC
For many of my subjects lecture notes are put up on the net...

But they are absolute crap.

I missed a lecture and checked the cooresponding notes and decided there are only possible conclusions:

1) We don't really learn anything in lectures... hence the reason there are no PROPER notes that make any sense (very probable)

2) The Lecturer is just a plan lazy self indulgant wank who loves to talk prance around and perform infront of people for 2 hours but cant be fucked actually writing any of it up as hes not getting direct attention. (HIGHLY probable)

Li0n

spiKu
HSC
Iruka said:
Yeah, I noticed that all of my lectures are on iLecture this semester. They were still taping stuff up until S2 last year, tho. Have you ever actually listened to one of those iLecture things? You can listen to them from the comfort of your own home, which is nice, I guess, but it is like listening to one side of a phone conversation sometimes. You can hear the lecturer answering questions, but you can't hear what the questions are.
Lectures usually repeat a question that has just been asked, since people around the lecture room probably couldn't even hear the question that was just asked ^^?

And for the person dissing lecturers, you'd be surprised how hard they work to setup a single lecture. Stop dissing start respecting xD.

elfm

HSC
Pierotte said:
For many of my subjects lecture notes are put up on the net...

But they are absolute crap.

I missed a lecture and checked the cooresponding notes and decided there are only possible conclusions:

1) We don't really learn anything in lectures... hence the reason there are no PROPER notes that make any sense (very probable)

2) The Lecturer is just a plan lazy self indulgant wank who loves to talk prance around and perform infront of people for 2 hours but cant be fucked actually writing any of it up as hes not getting direct attention. (HIGHLY probable)
no one would turn up to their lectures if their online notes were perfect.

bscienceboi

HSC
N/A
Hmm is there a way to download the ilectures onto your computer?

Last semester I could download them but now it seems that you have to stream it on WebCT. Is there a way around this?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)