Does this course exist? (1 Viewer)

nandayo

ismist
HSC
Just wondering if this combined degree is offered:

BA (Adv) (Hons)/BSc (Adv)

Can you do an advanced degree in both, or do you have to sway toward one?

Triangulum

Dignitatis Contentio
HSC
I very much doubt you can combine Advanced degrees in Science and Arts, especially with the crappy new way they've set up Arts Adv. You can possibly draw some science subjects into Arts Adv as Table B units (not sure if it works the other way round, though).

Don't quote me on any of that, though. Try emailing one of the faculties and seeing what they think about it.

bustinjustin

HSC
Triangulum said:
I very much doubt you can combine Advanced degrees in Science and Arts, especially with the crappy new way they've set up Arts Adv. You can possibly draw some science subjects into Arts Adv as Table B units (not sure if it works the other way round, though).

Don't quote me on any of that, though. Try emailing one of the faculties and seeing what they think about it.
The new Arts (Adv.) (Honours) crappy? Letting people skip lame first year units and graduate with honours in just 3 years is far from crappy. If anything, it's to be envied.

withoutaface

Premium Member
HSC
bustinjustin said:
The new Arts (Adv.) (Honours) crappy? Letting people skip lame first year units and graduate with honours in just 3 years is far from crappy. If anything, it's to be envied.
Why don't we just have people pay their $30 000, sit in the foyer for 15 mins, then hand them their degree straight away? That's to be envied.

howdelightful

HSC
There's not much chance to try multiple subjects if you're choosing the new BA(Adv), if you want to do a double major you better hope you figure it out in your first semester.

Besides, not all schools are going to let you go straight into second year subjects- ARHT is particularly narky about skipping prerequisites.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)