Does the University of Sydney really suck? (1 Viewer)

HSC
Uni Grad
From what I've heard from m8s ANU puts the rest to shame, but imo they seem to go a bit overboard in how much work they give out, to the point where it's probably detrimental.

More on topic, OP sounds like a trawl, let's all kick and punch da OP in da face!

kaz1

et tu
HSC
Uni Grad
Get with the times dude. The best Univesities in the world such as Harvard require an Undergraduate degree before moving on to MD.

Very soon all Universities will follow suit.
That's the American system though, you can only do med post grad in USA. 4 years of "college" then 4 years of med school.

In Australia only the good med unis have undergrad med like UNSW and Monash.

Pfortune35

HSC
1. Stop being so vulgar.

2. Melbourne Uni and ANU are miles ahead of the rest, especially in the medicine and health fields.
You can't just say they are and the fact that you go there doesn't mean anything.
If you provided some data or source that backs up your claim you could say
"U melbourne is considered better in terms of blah blah blah"

But to say 'U Mel is deffs better than Sydney and everywhere else' is just like
'My dad could beat up your dad'

Last edited by a moderator:

Pfortune35

HSC
To reply to the actual question, many people complain about Sydney uni, some go there, others have never set foot in there.
This is true for every other uni in australia and everyother thing in the world.

THe fact that any instiution is accredited and qualified to call itself a university means they
at least adequate teriery instituions.

But im just in high school so what do i know

mustardtiger

HSC
N/A
I reckon Monash is better than USyd, what do you inbred NSW's people think?

mustardtiger

HSC
N/A
Yeah I must admit I was being a troll, but you guys have to admit Melbourne Uni is no.1.

But my question was really a subjective one, it's good to see everyone answered it with such class.

planino

HSC

mustardtiger

HSC
N/A
ANU: Rank 27
UMelb: Rank 31
USYD: Rank 38
UNSW: Rank 49

http://www.topuniversities.com/university-rankings/world-university-rankings/2011

If the QS Ranking system is credible, then here are the ranks. Yes, according to this UMelb ranks higher than USYD, but USYD doesn't 'suck'. Aus already has a few unis within the top 200 so be happy with that. The only thing that seems to suck is your attitude
It's sad when people like you pull out the least credible source of University rankings.

Every University in Australia has worked with and is associated with TIMES HIGHER EDUCATION. So it is only fair that we would look at their statistics. Mind you there are plenty of rankings available on the internet.

http://www.timeshighereducation.co.uk/world-university-rankings/2011-2012/top-400.html

37. UMelb
38. ANU
58. USyd

Thank you very much.

planino

HSC
Okay then, QS is not credible.
Although UMelb is ahead of USYD, USYD is still within the top 200 in the world so it doesn't 'suck'. Both are great uni's and I wouldn't mind studying in either (well USYD's a priority cos I live in Sydney and it's a lot more convenient).
What I find interesting though is, as others have pointed out, why UMelb has no undergraduate med degree

mustardtiger

HSC
N/A
ANU: Rank 27
UMelb: Rank 31
USYD: Rank 38
UNSW: Rank 49

http://www.topuniversities.com/university-rankings/world-university-rankings/2011

If the QS Ranking system is credible, then here are the ranks. Yes, according to this UMelb ranks higher than USYD, but USYD doesn't 'suck'. Aus already has a few unis within the top 200 so be happy with that. The only thing that seems to suck is your attitude
Even in your QS Ranking system it has UMelb as No.15 in the world and No.1 in Australia at Health Sciences and Medicine.

EDIT: Fair enough, USyd does not "suck." Sorry guys.

Last edited:

mustardtiger

HSC
N/A
Ah now I see it.
What I also see is USYD is at no.18
Yes you've got me, I have admitted that USyd does not suck.

Now back to the Melbourne forums, it was good chatting here.

But tell me did Gotye go to your Uni Or Cate Blanchett?

Or Julia Gillard? (Wait she's a shame to all Alumni)

Riproot

#MedLyf
HSC
Uni Grad
Click your link and then go to "Rank by Faculty" and choose life sciences and medicine.
Regardless, not one single ranking site has Umelb as far above the rest of australian unis.
So, it is not BY FAR the best.

Or even the best.

Yes you've got me, I have admitted that USyd does not suck.

Now back to the Melbourne forums, it was good chatting here.

But tell me did Gotye go to your Uni Or Cate Blanchett?

Or Julia Gillard? (Wait she's a shame to all Alumni)
Omg, famous people studied at the uni you study at.

What an achievement for you!

Oh wait, that has nothing to do with you at all.

And speaks detriment to the uni when people without degrees do Cate and Goyte's jobs.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)