DOES THE "School Certificate affect your HSC". (1 Viewer)

YJ90

HSC
Hi,

I would just like to know that if its true that the "School Certificate affects your HSC".
For example if someone was to stuff in their School Certificate is it possible for them to get a high HSC mark (>95).

THANKS

priesty

formerly wm_abusef
HSC
LottoX is right...

Zilch. Zero. Zip, effect on ur HSC marks.

SC was the biggest waste of time and resources *nods*

priesty

formerly wm_abusef
HSC
Yeh, that's right. But I wouldn't be surprised if in a couple of years they get rid of the SC altogether. One of my teachers was talking to us about that prospect a short while ago. He said that it was a likely fate for the SC because it just costs so much and only goes towards printing a fancy piece of paper that hardly anyone needs/uses because most of the state go on to complete Senior School.

Sir Loin

HSC
Yr9+10 is supposed to prepare you for your senior studies, study practices, work ethic, etc. But 90% of ppl don't even listen.:p

Now year 11 is important, as it gives you that kickstart and the assumed knowledge that u need in the HSC, though I find the whole concept of 'preliminary' flawed, why not just have a two year HSC course?:confused: Slowly easing ppl off bludging in semester 1 term 1.

-pari-

HSC
N/A
the SC becomes completely and utterly irrelevant and insignificant the minute u put ur pen down.

it cudnt have less of an effect on ur HSC

lizziegirl

HSC
N/A
no i doesnt...the subjects u do for the hsc will probably differ from the ones u did in year 10, and only the hsc subjects matter.

Last edited:

zangetsu.xo

BANGSAT LOOO
anywhere with a bowl of rice and chopsticks in han
HSC
school certificate??
pfft.
biggest waste of time, resources and my brain space.
they really should jusr raise the level of compulsory schooling to year 12 coz the vast majority of year 10 kids go on to complete the HSC anyway so the school certificate has pretty much become completely obselete.
i can't even remember my marks and quite frankly, i dont give a crap anyway.

hope that helps you!

CherriMan001

NickX87
HSC
Yes, it is true that most students stick around from completing year 10 to go on and complete the HSC, though considering how many people I knew who dropped out in year 11 & 12, the School Certificate should still indicate completion of basic secondary schooling. These days, employers are in desperate need of labourers and trade work. If you didn't have any School Certificate, what have you got to show an employer that you aren't a completely illiterate individual? It helps to give an employer some idea of your education status, which is more current and accurate. It also verifies your progress reports from school, being able to compare them over time, as it'll reflect progress or deficiencies in certain subject areas...which will reach a climax for some at the School Certificate.

IronMaiden

HSC
N/A
rofl.

seriously.

Sounds like a lame teacher attempting to make you work hard.

"This is year 7 now, not primary school. Knuckle down.
This is year 8, you have to knuckle down this is a big year.
This is year 9, the most important year ever. Knuckle Down.
... knuckle down? It's year 10 now, School Certificate, so important. Even moreso than the HSC. Knuckle ... down."
/End quote of lame teacher.

hopeles5ly

Take Me Higher.
HSC
N/A
They should make a statewide test for getting into senior schooling at the end of year 10.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)