Does Sydney have ilecture? (1 Viewer)

pointepink

HSC
Hi,

I'm thinking about transferring to Sydney next year and was wondering if Sydney students have access to ilecture (ie acess to lecture recordings which are available online through WebCT). Also, what's sydney's policy on changing units after enrolling? Can you change your units after week one of classess?

Thanks

Rorix

HSC
Re: ilecture, not in my degree (Com/LLB).

For courses, yes you can change. Exact date I'm not sure but it's substantial ( 2 weeks after courses start?)

pointepink

HSC
Malfoy: If I transfer it will be into arts but probably more towards english and philosophy. Does it depend on the unit you're enrolled in or on the department (eg do all history units have ilecture or only specific ones?)

Thanks for replying guys.

greeninsanity

all love is equal
HSC
pointepink said:
Does it depend on the unit you're enrolled in or on the department (eg do all history units have ilecture or only specific ones?)
Depends on the unit/individual lecturer. I've taken history subjects that didn't have recorded lectures..

townie

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad
the philosophy sub i did made the lectures availible as a download on webCT.
census date (last day u can change subs) is like march 31st or something, isnt it

walrusbear

HSC
i've never had an english course with recorded lectures

they sometimes, not always, have notes online

Rorix

HSC
one_wit said:
the philosophy sub i did made the lectures availible as a download on webCT.
census date (last day u can change subs) is like march 31st or something, isnt it
I think census date is the last day u can drop without paying, but the cutoff for joining a new UOS is earlier (not 100% on this but the dates will be available in due time..)

Skeeta

HSC
it depends on the lecturer. I've had a science lecturer put files on the internet, whereas others refuse to even put notes up.

pointepink

HSC
Hi guys,

Thanks for all the feedback. For anyone who is doing English or planning to do English, I asked about ilecture last week and the Chair of the Department said that they won't be recording lectures in any shape or form (apparently last year they had recordings on tape that were available in the library).

ujuphleg

oo-joo-fleg
HSC
Some subjects have people with "special" abilities (ie. people with disabilities) and in those cases, the lectures will be recorded and copies are placed in the library, but almost never online.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)