Does software need good english? (1 Viewer)

Slidey

But pieces of what?
HSC
I'll be straight: software isn't a bludge - you wouldn't like it.

aquaa123qwe said:
nah I'm doing 10x easier, 10x less work in education than science although I'm not really into teaching

and I sleep all the way thru all lessons, except for some bits in teaching pracs!~

This is great
SENG has a communications component, since it is engineering, in response to the question.

aquaa123qwe

HSC
i don't know

i think programming is okey i done most of them at school

noneother

the Cho is great
HSC
If you've done it in high school first year shouldn't be much trouble.

Uni isn't a bludge (unless your doing certain arts courses).

acmilan

I'll stab ya
HSC
N/A
Depends what you mean by "i think programming is okey i done most of them at school", i thought it would be a breeze also, but alas its not

klh

HSC
not really, but you do need to be able to link owrds together that can be understodd by other people othe rthan yourself. for instance, they are going to make you write reports about how you wrote the rpogram etc.
but you dont need to be some english genius, as long as poeple understand you, its fine. they want you to program well, the wrting component is small, problem solving is larger.

jase_

Moderator Jase
HSC
Most (if not all) uni courses will require you to have good English, especially if your uni course leads you to a job in a company. You're going to have to write reports and such in whatever industry you are in. Besides written English, verbal English skills are important as well.

In terms of software, you will most likely go out and work for industry, so you will need good English skills. You're going to have to gather requirements, write reports, etc, as well as the actual programming, whether your doing hardcore software engineering or more business-oriented IT/CompSci programming.

doe

HSC
N/A
jasee said:
Most (if not all) uni courses will require you to have good English, especially if your uni course leads you to a job in a company. You're going to have to write reports and such in whatever industry you are in. Besides written English, verbal English skills are important as well.

In terms of software, you will most likely go out and work for industry, so you will need good English skills. You're going to have to gather requirements, write reports, etc, as well as the actual programming, whether your doing hardcore software engineering or more business-oriented IT/CompSci programming.
i agree with this. you also need to be able to really listen to what people are after, cause usually they have no real idea of what they want and whats possible.

doe

HSC
N/A
Shuter said:
Yes it is, B Bus/B Comp is so lazy.
... in first year.

i reckon the first few years of a degree are just to weed out the chaff, then in 3rd yr you actually get to do interesting stuff.

stazi

Nightman
HSC
noneother said:
If you've done it in high school first year shouldn't be much trouble.

Uni isn't a bludge (unless your doing certain arts courses).
Such as?

Uni is as much a bludge as you make of it. I could easily cruise through this semester on passes, but I wish to apply myself and thus making all my subject much more difficult and intense.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)