Does preliminary count towards HSC? (1 Viewer)

hsphouse

Does any (even a tiny bit) of preliminary results get counted for the HSC mark?
I hope not, i'm not doing well this year.

dark`secrets

<insert title>
HSC
N/A
nope, yr 11 only provides the foundation for yr 12

santaslayer

HSC
No, but what you learn in prelim can be assessed in the HSC in some particular subjects. eg. Legal studies

04er

HSC
even though nothing counts i would recommend studying hard because your performance in preliminary gives a fairly good indication of that in year 12. Plus you'll take on a fair bit of studying techniques with you.

04er

HSC
It help you to work out what works and what doesn't for YOU. Theres no time in year 12 to do that. Start now i say!

sweet surrender

yeah in the prelim years one of my classmates coined the phrase 10% of nothin, 40% .... but all the concepts u learn in yr 11 r important for the hsc
especially maths

Kuya

yup yupz. but i heard one person didnt pass prelim and still did hsc.. thats why i said that.

kimmeh

Sleeping
HSC
Originally posted by Kuya
yup yupz. but i heard one person didnt pass prelim and still did hsc.. thats why i said that.
you cant really "fail" year 11. You can really only fail by not turning up to school. You can fail all the tests you want, just that you'll have a very bad self esteem.

Bare_Essentials

THE Bridget Jones
HSC
Originally posted by Zarathustra
I know plenty of people who failed nearly every year 11 paper - they dropped subjects - but still went on to do their HSC:D . If you are consistently failing though you either picked completely the wrong subjects or maybe the HSC just isn't for you:p
That so is me. I swear i'm only getting C's this year and stuff. HSC is definately not for me.

Kulazzi

HSC
Originally posted by Zarathustra
I know plenty of people who failed nearly every year 11 paper - they dropped subjects - but still went on to do their HSC:D . If you are consistently failing though you either picked completely the wrong subjects or maybe the HSC just isn't for you:p
This girl at my school chose chem, physics, eco, mathematics, adv. eng and......I forgot her last subject....anyways.....in english and maths she had to go down a level cos she was failing all the assessment exams......she wanted to become a doctor......but she bummed out ALL of her half-yearly prelim exams.....so now she's left and doing something at TAFE....

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)