• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Does parents' opinion counts? (1 Viewer)

IcEy

HSC
Lol! The coincidence. My mum just told me two seconds ago that she doesn't like my gf.

I don't think parent's opinions matter too much. Not at this stage. If you were like 14 and dating some 28 year old, maybe then. At this stage, ie. 17-18+ I think they should know enough to back off and let you make your own mistakes and take your own falls - I mean this with respect to gf/bf and other things.

I don't like my mum's husband (stepdad...well, actually, I liked neither), so I guess we're even :)

perfectionist

I M SpEcIaL....SpEcIaL...
HSC
N/A
Yeh it does matter.. but if they had not agreed with my choice i wud have been upset, and fought over it with em.... but unfortunately my ex's parents didnt agree as he claims... srsly its so sad... :( not being with someone u thought u'd spend the rest of your life with :'( I sooo can't get over it... even tho i am a bit mad at him for all this :( and his treatment of me (which was shit).

wrong_turn

the chosen one
HSC
Uni Grad
id listen to what my parents would have to say but i think that i am old enough to make my own decisions that is to make my own mistakes if mistakes that they turn out to be. however, everyone makes mistakes and so do my parents. as someone previously said, they lived in a different day and age to myself so that they would have a different perspective to the world of today. they do not know what happens in schools these days nor do they know what kids get up to these days as well. all they recieve are the television exaggerated news or broadcrast some crap that may not even neccesarily be true if you know what i mean.

!! CaR`JiE !!

cäяяoт ^^'
HSC
my mum dont like me have a relationship.. yeh she disagree being with my bf.. but im jus following my heart.. eventually she lets me though shes doesn't like it.. but ive proved her i can still perform well in my studies and have relationship at the same time.

Tulipa

Loose lips sink ships
to the left, a little below the right and right in
HSC
i listen to my parents to some extent (and by my parents i mean my mom :eek:, my dad doesn't get it). i mean i know what i want and i can see things they can't but sometimes my mom can just pick the assholes out of the guys i see (and she loves the good boyfriends).

except the other day. we ran into an ex of mine and she couldn't stop raving about how nice he is. he's a fucking lunatic.

so now i'm revising my postion. plus, she loves my current boyfriend so its all good :cool:

olchik

HSC
Thank you, guys, for your replies! It's so interesting to read your points of view.

braad

so dead yeah?
HSC
my parents views are important to me, but i dont think they'd complain if i brought a girl home
1) they'd be happy it was a girl
2) they know i'm so picky that they wouldnt have to worry about her

olchik

HSC
braad said:
my parents views are important to me, but i dont think they'd complain if i brought a girl home
I see:) How about you fell in love with the wrong person, I mean "wrong" for your parents. Would they say something to you?

*yooneek*

@UTS...I <3 Jesus
HSC
braad said:
that is sooo nice!! :uhhuh:
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

same here...though my mum would have her analysing cap on.. :p

nah they know im only in it for the long haul so they wouldn't be too worried either- unless of course he had me under some sort of wicked spell lol

ediisjoz

HSC
I'd go out with someone if my parents objected.. i'm not going to NOT go out with someone because they say.. it's all a load of bullshit.. fuck that i'll go out with whoever i want.

HSC
I trust my parents opinion. I've had troubles with trying to win girls over, and i explained to my friends what this girl i was wanting to ask out did. They really didnt have a solid answer. first time ever, i told my mum and she seemed to have a very logical and correct answer (it fit in perfectly).

+Po1ntDeXt3r+

HSC
its the vagina factor..

ure mother has a vagina and she use to be a girl... they know stuff..

ure mates are prolly guys.. .who on the otherhand (no pun intended) .. have penises ( verified.. this is the plural.. altho i have never seen more than one penis at a time.. ) .. and have no idea.. as they only know as much as u..

i thought it was fairly logical

Liberal Scum

Banned
HSC
Tulipa said:
i listen to my parents to some extent (and by my parents i mean my mom :eek:, my dad doesn't get it). i mean i know what i want and i can see things they can't but sometimes my mom can just pick the assholes out of the guys i see (and she loves the good boyfriends).

except the other day. we ran into an ex of mine and she couldn't stop raving about how nice he is. he's a fucking lunatic.

so now i'm revising my postion. plus, she loves my current boyfriend so its all good :cool:
Mum *

Blissed

HSC
N/A
It depends. If I really liked the person i'm with and saw nothing wrong with her then i'de prefer to take the risk of not considering my parents opinion in this issue. I personally like to make my own mistakes rather than have my parents making me prevent making the same mistakes as they did. However, if I wasn't sure about something i'de ask my parents/friends first before making a decision.

azzie

so delicious...
HSC
dammit i made a thread exactly like this a few weeks ago.
seriously people, search option.
anyways. i dont really know if i trust my parents oppinions about guys... i guess the relationship my parents have isnt what i'd hope to have when im their age. and i seriously don't want to end up like they did, so I personally see it as my choice. happiness, love and trust matter so much more than money or social status.
plus i already have the perfect boyfriend so meh :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)