does going to a Crap School SCALE you down SETTLE IT HERE (1 Viewer)

dodgyv

CEO
HSC
i recently decided to finish off my hsc in tafe at randwick tafe college/ultimo
now i F#@$ckin regret it since i found out that its liked ranked 548 58* out of like 600ish schools i was like WTF.... should of stayed in school it was like ranked 100th. so yeah theres a msg to young blokes out there STAY IN SCHOOl.

see thing is
teachers in some school such as (sydney girls teachers say there is a thing called school scaling)

though teachers in tafe say no there is no such thing..

so now im lost

can it be that theres no such thing as scaling for schools that come 500ish out of 600ish because they just dont get scaled at alll?

see if i think of it coming first in randwick tafe aint the same as coming first in james rus or whatever....

arghhhhhhhhhhhh Save My Soul answer me somebody answer meeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Aplus

HSC
N/A
Could I have some background information on why you didn't complete your HSC in school?

goony

i am here to ride bike
HSC
dodgyv said:
though teachers in tafe say no there is no such thing..

so now im lost
You know funny you say that...one of my friends just moved into tafe for yr 11 and 12 and she said the teachers there said the same thing ("scaling? in my hsc? lolwut?")

dodgyv

CEO
HSC
N awarded for Ext History though still got my reasonable marks even when i gave up since i had only like 7 units (dropped history) hated history so badly though ironically im back doing same courses again guess i hated the teacher.
cause funny thing is my school marks dropped to like 40s 50s 60s and yet i still got 60 70 80s for my hsc marks dont think it will be the same in tafe ><"""

today 15 people showed up to class 1hour later 6 of us remain attention span for most poeple is so low lOl

me121

Premium Member
HSC
dodgyv said:
see thing is
teachers in some school such as (sydney girls teachers say there is a thing called school scaling)
there is no such thing.
it is a myth.
teachers who say that there is such a thing are lying, probably trying to get you to stay at their school so that they can get more money or say they are a more "prestigious" school.

theshirleygan

HSC
me121 said:
there is no such thing.
it is a myth.
teachers who say that there is such a thing are lying, probably trying to get you to stay at their school so that they can get more money or say they are a more "prestigious" school.
i thought teachers where paid the same reguardless government or non-government (although coordinators, principle etc receive extra) because otherwise all the non-government schools would have all the best teachers... this is not the case and i am from a non-government school...
and it would not explain why James ruse students do so well given their teachers are paid less then non-government teachers??
if that mad sense at all?

dodgyv

CEO
HSC
theshirleygan said:
i thought teachers where paid the same reguardless government or non-government (although coordinators, principle etc receive extra) because otherwise all the non-government schools would have all the best teachers... this is not the case and i am from a non-government school...
and it would not explain why James ruse students do so well given their teachers are paid less then non-government teachers??
james ruse goes good cause they are spoon fed like they actually spend two years doing hsc they start after sc while we do prelimary which almost like bulshit to the hsc syllabus they say its the fundamental part of hsc... why spend 1year doing fundamental topics and spend 1 year doing the real deal....

michael1990

HSC
dodgyv said:
james ruse goes good cause they are spoon fed like they actually spend two years doing hsc they start after sc while we do prelimary which almost like bulshit to the hsc syllabus they say its the fundamental part of hsc... why spend 1year doing fundamental topics and spend 1 year doing the real deal....
Disagree there.

I believe its a way that schools can weed out the 'non-serious' students.
Plus everything you learn in year 11 is a basis for the things you learn in year 12.

So everything you learn in year 11 are built upon in year 12.

I do agree however that other school should follow the same principle that James Ruse students do.

midifile

Na Na Na Na Naa
HSC
theshirleygan said:
No. Teachers at private schools do get paid more, but how much more depends on the school. At my school all the teachers are on individual contracts. The average teacher (like teachers who teach k-10 and crap teachers) get paid about 10% more than public school teachers and the ones that the director (yea. my school has a director not a school board or principal) get paid more. But depending on the school you may still get stuck with shit teachers.

James Ruse does well because it is a selective school which only lets in the top % of the state and then pits them against each other so that they are all really competitive. If they are all geniuses naturally, all want to succeed and there is a shitload of competition, of course they are going to do well !

me121

Premium Member
HSC
dodgyv said:
Spoon feeding is bad. While it may help them get their UAI of 100, it does not really teach them the skills they need to succeed in future studies.

It's not until you get to uni that you realise what at joke the HSC is. (adapted from Pwaryuex)

dodgyv

CEO
HSC
michael1990 said:
Disagree there.

I believe its a way that schools can weed out the 'non-serious' students.
Plus everything you learn in year 11 is a basis for the things you learn in year 12.

So everything you learn in year 11 are built upon in year 12.

I do agree however that other school should follow the same principle that James Ruse students do.
im not rulling out that yeah there bright students but its the fact that the schools system also gives them a upper advantage doing like 2 years of hsc instead of 1year.
-there system is different because they are allow to because they are the best
im actually repeating in tafe and im doing prelimary atm and seriously i find that alot of the prelimary is so irrelevant to hsc luckly we spend only 6weeks doing prelimary in tafe.
-and remember to get into selective you had to do well in your selective school exam in year 6. its not neccessarly all bright students
- i dont have a clue wtf im talkin about

michael1990

HSC
dodgyv said:
im not rulling out that yeah there bright students but its the fact that the schools system also gives them a upper advantage doing like 2 years of hsc instead of 1year.
-there system is different because they are allow to because they are the best
im actually repeating in tafe and im doing prelimary atm and seriously i find that alot of the prelimary is so irrelevant to hsc luckly we spend only 6weeks doing prelimary in tafe.
-and remember to get into selective you had to do well in your selective school exam in year 6. its not neccessarly all bright students
- i dont have a clue wtf im talkin about
LOL

well if they are the best. They had to have started from the bottom. You can't just over night become the best school.

So if all schools followed the same princple of James Ruse. Wouldn't we all be better off?

I mean it would also come down to a lot of things. Such as teachers, Students and behaviour as well.

midifile

Na Na Na Na Naa
HSC
michael1990 said:
So if all schools followed the same princple of James Ruse. Wouldn't we all be better off?
I agree. Like if I had all the opportunities that those kids got then id be getting 100 too. Well, maybe not. I think that actual smartness comes into it too somewhere...

But really, when you think about it - if everyone started doing well we'd be back where we started because the UAI is a rank and if you are the middle of a bunch of idiots or the middle of a bunch of geniuses you will still be in the same place.

michael1990

HSC
midifile said:
I agree. Like if I had all the opportunities that those kids got then id be getting 100 too. Well, maybe not. I think that actual smartness comes into it too somewhere...

But really, when you think about it - if everyone started doing well we'd be back where we started because the UAI is a rank and if you are the middle of a bunch of idiots or the middle of a bunch of geniuses you will still be in the same place.
yeah i thought of that when i posted it.

but, if we had all the resources and competent teachers we would be much better of whether the students are of no intellegence would just mean they would drop out in year 10?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)