Does God exist? (1 Viewer)

do you believe in god?

• Total voters

Futureunswmedstudent

HSC
That's probably simply because, being only in year 10, you haven't begun to question the belief / lack of belief that you have grown up with, and neither have the people around you.

Three more years of high school should fix that. If not, uni definitely will.
yeah hopefully

tofusenpai

HSC
For starters, I didn't bring race or colour into the discussion, so please don't misrepresent me.

But there most definitely IS a correlation between levels of religiosity and the level of education attained by a country's population.
The only question is - which is the cause and which is the effect.

And being from a third world country makes it MUCH more likely that you will be religious.
I'm afraid it is ignorant of YOU to say there is no correlation.

Regarding your claim that "religion is wisdom", that is pretty difficult to interpret. It depends on which definition of wisdom you use.

If you take the definition "a body of knowledge", then I suppose it is wisdom. But pretty useless wisdom in comparison to the wisdom of science.

If you take the definition "the quality of having good judgement, sensibility and prudence", then I have to raise:
* the unwillingness to exercise birth control
* the refusal of contemporary medicine
(just for starters)

And if you want to state that your particular religion doesn't have those issues, then I would have to question the wisdom of you lumping ALL religion together as 'wisdom'.
1.Your vocab is too good for me I can't understand some things you said . I'm still in year 10

2. I didn't say education and religion weren't related I said religion was more than education.

3.From your post I was able to get a different perspective on this so I may ask my sister's husband since he's a minister in church but he's currently overseas but I shall get back to yoy when he comes.

I was just trying to show and share my beliefs.If you don't agree with them it's not a big deal. I'm still in yr 10 and was born and raised in Christianity and the people around me never really questioned anything but there were questions from visitors and they were all answered using verses from the bible.Your statement is new to me and I still need more knowledge even about my religion to respond and plus this was actually really interesting.

Last edited:

Futureunswmedstudent

HSC
1.Your vocab is too good for me I can't understand some things you said . I'm still in year 10

2. I didn't say education and religion weren't related I said religion was more than education.

3.From your post I was able to get a different perspective on this so I may ask my sister's husband since he's a minister in church but he's currently overseas but I shall get back to yoy when he comes.

I was just trying to show and share my beliefs.If you don't agree with them it's not a big deal. I'm still in yr 10 and was born and raised in Christianity and the people around me never really questioned anything but there were questions from visitors and they were all answered using verses from the bible.Your statement is new to me and I still need more knowledge even about my religion to respond and plus this was actually really interesting.
year 10 buddies ^0^

braintic

HSC
N/A
Just finished watching The Dictator with Sacha Baron Cohen. Hilarious.

"Admiral General, welcome to New York City. And while you're here, I highly recommend a visit to the Empire State Building, before you or one of your cousins takes it down."

"So ... is it a boy ... or an abortion"

"I love American films, particularly fantasy films like 'Lord of the Rings' and 'Schindler's List.'"

All we need now is a movie about the christian dictatorships - like the USA.

Last edited:

Sy123

This too shall pass
HSC
Just finished watching The Dictator with Sacha Baron Cohen. Hilarious.

"Admiral General, welcome to New York City. And while you're here, I highly recommend a visit to the Empire State Building, before you or one of your cousins takes it down."

"So ... is it a boy ... or an abortion"

"I love American films, particularly fantasy films like 'Lord of the Rings' and 'Schindler's List.'"

All we need now is a movie about the christian dictatorships - like the USA.

You need a dunce cap like the one above

nerdasdasd

Dont.msg.me.about.english
HSC
Uni Grad
That's probably simply because, being only in year 10, you haven't begun to question the belief / lack of belief that you have grown up with, and neither have the people around you.

Three more years of high school should fix that. If not, uni definitely will.
Never have ... And I'm in 3rd year

nerdasdasd

Dont.msg.me.about.english
HSC
Uni Grad
Can I ask what belief it is that you have never questioned?
It is hard to respond when I'm not sure what I'm responding to.
I've just gone about my life .... Never really gave a thought to religion , even with friends that are religious

financialwar

HSC
N/A
50/50, the number is actually pretty promising. Considering just few decades ago 90%+ believed in christian fairy tales. Hopefully the trend will continue.

Religion should have no place in the age of science.

HSC
From a philosophical basis, I am essentially agnostic about the existence of god; even apathetic. However, I live on the basis that no God exists.

buriza

conviction
HSC
God is dead, even Nietzsche agrees.
I don't know if this was a serious post - but Nietzsche stating "God is dead" has actual very little relevance to the existence of God (it is often misinterpreted in this literal manner). It's got a lot more to do with Nietzsche's concern with the rise of atheism and how the world would decline into potentially maladaptive nihilism thereafter. For the record, I am agnostic, however I felt obliged to discredit the use of this phrase given the subject matter of the thread. :^)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)