Does God exist? (2 Viewers)

do you believe in god?

• Total voters

Will Shakespear

mumbo magic
HSC
I saw this and had to say something.

Stop arguing this FOR THE LOVE OF... HUMANITY! (something we can all agree on). I am best friends with some of the most devout Roman Catholics and Atheists I can ever imagine (one an avid blogger on such subjects, guess who), why? Because I'm a middle man. I don't violently shove my opinion in the faces of my oponent and I keep my religion-based opinion's between me and people i actually trust will not disregard my opinion to the wind.

Why are we still fucking talking about God and Religion? Since the dawn of Religion, there has been war. Since the dawn of man, though, we have waged battle and war alike; not just because of war. So stop using the war excuse you Atheists... please. The only reason the US invaded Iraq and fucked up the world's view on us even more (who thought it could get worse... not GWB!) was for oil and War Money. You cannot argue this point; its far too obvious to educated persons.

Anyways, stop arguing with people you dont know or do not respect. You will never change their minds, and if you think you can you are not only ignorant of history, damning us to repeat it, you are also inconsiderate of your friends whom do not share your view (if you even have any who do). I hate to argue, but i love to debate; arguments only end in one side having less or feeling worse, and one other side possibly being right. Debates end in one side feeling satisfied for having swayed the other and the other happy to be enlightened (in a perfect world; people can be sore losers even if they really are wrong).

Now go out, you Atheists and Religionites alike. You are have 46 chromosomes, no matter who gave them to do, be it a God or a process such as Evolution, so go and help your fellow man. Follow this theology, and even a Muslim and a Jew can sit down and talk friendly.

Cheers.

Oh yes, and I did not hint to my own religious beliefs for a reason; you dont know which side I would support; i dont support either and never shall I.
47 in your case

XPac2

HSC
Im pagan so i have to say that u should believe whatever your heart says is true.

ZiggoCiP

HSC
Lol at another tarded post.
Why? Because I seem to profess an amount of insecurity in revealing my religious preference; or because i choose not to argue about a conflict which begs resolving but only burrows itself deeper into opposition of the opposing view?

Obviously you discredit me from my experience on BoS; yet you give me no chance. I believe in taking all sides equally and choosing that side which professes the most believable or logical argument.

God vs. no God is an ignorant argument because one side will almost exclusively ignore the other's statement with some retort excavated from the archives of their own ideals. So the Bible is unbelievable to Atheists and Atheists dont know where the universe came from or what will happen to their mind when they die.

Who fucking cares?

If me NOT being ignorant of such important issues as religion and God make me an individual with mental retardation, well then i guess im a "tard" emersed in 'normal' people.

Will Shakespear

mumbo magic
HSC
Why? Because I seem to profess an amount of insecurity in revealing my religious preference; or because i choose not to argue about a conflict which begs resolving but only burrows itself deeper into opposition of the opposing view?

Obviously you discredit me from my experience on BoS; yet you give me no chance. I believe in taking all sides equally and choosing that side which professes the most believable or logical argument.

God vs. no God is an ignorant argument because one side will almost exclusively ignore the other's statement with some retort excavated from the archives of their own ideals. So the Bible is unbelievable to Atheists and Atheists dont know where the universe came from or what will happen to their mind when they die.

Who fucking cares?

If me NOT being ignorant of such important issues as religion and God make me an individual with mental retardation, well then i guess im a "tard" emersed in 'normal' people.
lol

considering that post demonstrates that you lack a basic grasp of the ideas of either "side", i'd say you are pretty ignorant of this particular issue

also your post implies non-atheists do know those things, which they certainly don't... and the atheist position of the mind simply ceasing to exist after death is a perfectly good one :D

Enteebee

Keepers of the flames
HSC
I doubt whether you can produce any reasonable argument to conclusively prove to me that God does not exist (?), and I cannot do otherwise.
It depends on what sort of a burden of proof you want to have. If you do not believe in fairies and you place the same burden of proof on God as you do fairies then yes I believe I can provide an argument which logically must 'prove' God does not exist.

lol @ Ziggo.

Last edited:

muscleman09

HSC
Believe in God because you want too, not because you have too.

It's better believing in God and living by good moral and ethical teachings than simply ignoring the fact that their may be a 'divine'. If you don't believe that there is an ultimate creator... whats going to happen to you when it's your time to be judged? :burn: (I guess its worth believing in God then?)

We don't need all these thesis' arguing whether or not God exists or not, just live your life in a good manner, and I'm sure we will all be judged equally and fairly.

It doesn't matter if you believe in God or follow the teachings of Buddha, just live your life with integrity, love and compassion! I myself am a Muslim, and pretty much believe that we are all brothers and sisters, in a world corrupted by greed, and that alone. I don't hate anyone, except the creators of Watchmen, stupid movie... We all must believe in something! Who cares what it is! Just if you do believe in it, follow it with the intention of, as stated before... 'integrity, love and compassion'.

God Bless

the bulldogs 09

SAVAK

Banned
HSC
N/A

It's better believing in God and living by good moral and ethical teachings than simply ignoring the fact that their may be a 'divine'. If you don't believe that there is an ultimate creator... whats going to happen to you when it's your time to be judged? :burn: (I guess its worth believing in God then?)

We don't need all these thesis' arguing whether or not God exists or not, just live your life in a good manner, and I'm sure we will all be judged equally and fairly.

It doesn't matter if you believe in God or follow the teachings of Buddha, just live your life with integrity, love and compassion! I myself am a Muslim, and pretty much believe that we are all brothers and sisters, in a world corrupted by greed, and that alone. I don't hate anyone, except the creators of Watchmen, stupid movie... We all must believe in something! Who cares what it is! Just if you do believe in it, follow it with the intention of, as stated before... 'integrity, love and compassion'.

God Bless
lol.

moll.

Learn to science.
HSC
I saw this and had to say something.

Stop arguing this FOR THE LOVE OF... HUMANITY! (something we can all agree on). I am best friends with some of the most devout Roman Catholics and Atheists I can ever imagine (one an avid blogger on such subjects, guess who), why? Because I'm a middle man. I don't violently shove my opinion in the faces of my oponent and I keep my religion-based opinion's between me and people i actually trust will not disregard my opinion to the wind.

Why are we still fucking talking about God and Religion? Since the dawn of Religion, there has been war. Since the dawn of man, though, we have waged battle and war alike; not just because of war. So stop using the war excuse you Atheists... please. The only reason the US invaded Iraq and fucked up the world's view on us even more (who thought it could get worse... not GWB!) was for oil and War Money. You cannot argue this point; its far too obvious to educated persons.

Anyways, stop arguing with people you dont know or do not respect. You will never change their minds, and if you think you can you are not only ignorant of history, damning us to repeat it, you are also inconsiderate of your friends whom do not share your view (if you even have any who do). I hate to argue, but i love to debate; arguments only end in one side having less or feeling worse, and one other side possibly being right. Debates end in one side feeling satisfied for having swayed the other and the other happy to be enlightened (in a perfect world; people can be sore losers even if they really are wrong).

Now go out, you Atheists and Religionites alike. You are have 46 chromosomes, no matter who gave them to do, be it a God or a process such as Evolution, so go and help your fellow man. Follow this theology, and even a Muslim and a Jew can sit down and talk friendly.

Cheers.

Oh yes, and I did not hint to my own religious beliefs for a reason; you dont know which side I would support; i dont support either and never shall I.
But the point is, my chromosomes are bigger. So suck on my double helix.

moll.

Learn to science.
HSC

God Bless
HEY KWAYERA!!!

Can we ban the people who continuously call for an end to the thread or state some form of Pascal's Wager?

It would save so much time, effort and space for the rest of us.
Please? :eek:

Kwayera

Passive-aggressive Mod
HSC
HEY KWAYERA!!!

Can we ban the people who continuously call for an end to the thread or state some form of Pascal's Wager?

It would save so much time, effort and space for the rest of us.
Please? :eek:
Hmmmm.

HSC
Let's just ban anybody who isn't:

me
Kwayera
Iron
moll.
Graney
jb nc
Rafy
zimmermanguy
Schroe
NTB
Shakespeare
Exphate
Kfunk.

Agreed?

moll.

Learn to science.
HSC
I dunno. yld and gifted are pretty good for the lols.
How about one-week free, one-week banned for them?

pieman

HSC
all im going to post is the celestial teapot analogy:

"If I were to suggest that between the Earth and Mars there is a china teapot revolving about the sun in an elliptical orbit, nobody would be able to disprove my assertion provided I were careful to add that the teapot is too small to be revealed even by our most powerful telescopes. But if I were to go on to say that, since my assertion cannot be disproved, it is an intolerable presumption on the part of human reason to doubt it, I should rightly be thought to be talking nonsense. If, however, the existence of such a teapot were affirmed in ancient books, taught as the sacred truth every Sunday, and instilled into the minds of children at school, hesitation to believe in its existence would become a mark of eccentricity and entitle the doubter to the attentions of the psychiatrist in an enlightened age or of the Inquisitor in an earlier time."

SnowFox

Premium Member
HSC

"If I were to suggest that between the Earth and Mars there is a china teapot revolving about the sun in an elliptical orbit, nobody would be able to disprove my assertion provided I were careful to add that the teapot is too small to be revealed even by our most powerful telescopes. But if I were to go on to say that, since my assertion cannot be disproved, it is an intolerable presumption on the part of human reason to doubt it, I should rightly be thought to be talking nonsense. If, however, the existence of such a teapot were affirmed in ancient books, taught as the sacred truth every Sunday, and instilled into the minds of children at school, hesitation to believe in its existence would become a mark of eccentricity and entitle the doubter to the attentions of the psychiatrist in an enlightened age or of the Inquisitor in an earlier time."
:spzz:

tommykins

i am number -e^i*pi
HSC

you are so original

moll.

Learn to science.
HSC
Out of curiosity, and cos I can't be bothered taking my copy off the shelf, are they Dawkins' words, or is that just Dawkins quoting Russell?

crystal3286

HSC
I've got a question about God...if anyone can answer it that'd be nice...

i went to a christian primary school and was taught a lot about God...

So God created the world, then people became sinners, and according to the Bible God is going to destroy the world because of that.

But he's supposed to know everything including the future. So he knew that Adam and Eve would eat the forbidden fruit, still he put the tree there. He knew that humans would become sinners and he would kill all of them someday, still he created them. He knew that he would destroy the world someday, still he created this world. Why?

i know ppl are not supposed to question God at all, but srsly i dont get it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)