Does God exist? (3 Viewers)

do you believe in god?

• Total voters

ElGronko

Not premium
HSC
It is not up to Atheists to disprove the existance of a god, it is up to theists to prove it.

Just because something cannot be disproved does not certify its existence.

We live in a universe that is the closest thing to infinite that we will ever come close to where there are no absolutes, but "fact" is based on probability. If a theist can not prove that it is more probable that there is a god then their faith is unfounded.

Emmaa07

HSC
Miles Edgeworth said:
Why do you have to live for something?
if you didnt then what are you doing?
just living.
even without realising it you may be living for something.
for a dream.
for your friends and family.
life would be boring if you didnt live for something.
thats jst my opinion tho.

WWJD_2005

Banned
HSC
I don't think you necessarily have to live for 'something' if we are to take 'something' as some sort of ultimate goal / series of more ultimate goals. I think the majority of people (especially our age) the majority of the time are living for the goals of the moment and such ultimate goals only have a fleeting existance when at the times when they're asked / decide to think about things in such ultimate terms.

Last edited:

Odette1990

HSC
Tulipa said:
Okay.

Why do you have to live for God?
Interesting point you make there, but in a sense we dont live for God, we live to create some sort of relationship with those around us and with God himself. Well thats according to Christians...correct me if Im wrong.

WWJD_2005

Banned
HSC
I have no idea what christians live for but I imagine what they'd say they live for when you ask them is some rhetorical grandeur pronouncement that has almost nil effect on how they actually conduct their lives.

Odette1990

HSC
WWJD_2005 said:
I have no idea what christians live for but I imagine what they'd say they live for when you ask them is some rhetorical grandeur pronouncement that has almost nil effect on how they actually conduct their lives.
Good point you make there lol

As for what I believe is that you have a choice as to what you do in life, because there is no right or wrong answer, it isnt written anywhere as to what your purpose or mission in life is, so you have complete control of what the purpose of your life is and what you choose to do in it.

X

xeuyrawp

Odette1990 said:
Interesting point you make there, but in a sense we dont live for God, we live to create some sort of relationship with those around us and with God himself. Well thats according to Christians...correct me if Im wrong.
You don't have to have an answer for everything. The most capable theistic advocates are the ones who frequently say 'I don't have an answer for that'.

Just because you believe in God does not mean that you know everything about him, you, or the universe. Religion obviously doesn't answer many questions, and whilst it's good to be able to be certain, it's important to be able to know when you just don't know.

As far as I'm aware, none of the Gospels answer the question 'why was man created'/'what's the meaning of life'/'what the hell's going on here'/etc.

HotShot

-_-
HSC
ElGronko said:
It is not up to Atheists to disprove the existance of a god, it is up to theists to prove it.

Just because something cannot be disproved does not certify its existence.

We live in a universe that is the closest thing to infinite that we will ever come close to where there are no absolutes, but "fact" is based on probability. If a theist can not prove that it is more probable that there is a god then their faith is unfounded.
The whole point is belief. I mean that thier proof - that a belief exists and hence God exists.

There is no evidence to suggest GOD cannot exist , but there is evidence to suggest he could.

KFunk

Psychic refugee
HSC
HotShot said:
There is no evidence to suggest GOD cannot exist , but there is evidence to suggest he could.
A point of contention - there is no proof (accepted by the greater community) that god does not exist, however I do believe that there is evidence which counts against the existence of certain conceptions of god (e.g. see a compendium called 'the improbability of god').

(Edit: Major typo... missed a negation :p)

Last edited:

ccc123

HSC
I believe that i god, or some sort of deity, does exist. Obviously, there is no 'concrete' evidence to support such a theory, because thats what faith is all about. However, to those of you who advocate evolution (macroevolution), i have my doubts. Practically all the 'evidence' for evolution is questionable.

Tulipa

Loose lips sink ships
to the left, a little below the right and right in
HSC
ccc123 said:
I believe that i god, or some sort of deity, does exist. Obviously, there is no 'concrete' evidence to support such a theory, because thats what faith is all about. However, to those of you who advocate evolution (macroevolution), i have my doubts. Practically all the 'evidence' for evolution is questionable.
That is a bit hypocritical no?

You say that you believe even though there is no concrete evidence then say atheists should have doubts because there is the evidence is questionable?

dagwoman

Welcome to My Lair
HSC
N/A
All Star Tiger said:
God does exists!
Wow. Of all the 282 pages of this debate, you've really hit the nail on the head. I'm gonna go out, buy myself a bible and get confirmed now.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 3)