Does God exist? (2 Viewers)

do you believe in god?

• Total voters

KFunk

Psychic refugee
HSC
There are individuals who are atheists but not communists so the strongest claim you can make is that some atheists are communists- which is fairly uninteresting, kind of like 'some nurses play musical instruments'. The end.

dieburndie

Eat, Sleep, Repeat
HSC
KFunk said:
There are individuals who are atheists but not communists so the strongest claim you can make is that some atheists are communists- which is fairly uninteresting, kind of like 'some nurses play musical instruments'. The end.
Yeah but some dictators are communists.

Not-That-Bright

Andrew Quah
HSC
...what happened here? I know it can be frustrating when different people seem to (from your perspective) have abandoned logic, reason, debate etiquette - This doesn't mean that you have to do the same.

Last edited:

P_Dilemma

Extraordinary Entertainer
HSC
That's just bad logic. There is no real correlation between governmental preference and religious belief, they are separate entities. Any combination of the two could exist, EG

Theist - communist
Theist - capitalist
Atheist - communist
Atheist - capitalist.

I'm just bunching up all those who believe in god/s in the "theist" category.

The point is, how the hell does one's choice of religious belief determine their political stance? By a few historical individuals? An Aryan dude with one testicle? A Chinese guy who kills his own? A Mad Mofo Russian?

Please, no...

-P_D

T-mac01

HSC
N/A
dieburndie said:
Alright, back on topic.
I hear all atheists are communists. Stalin was an atheist, so was Mao.
Discuss.
Thank you. Finally someone has said something thoughtful.

T-mac01

HSC
N/A
P_Dilemma said:
That's just bad logic. There is no real correlation between governmental preference and religious belief, they are separate entities. Any combination of the two could exist, EG

Theist - communist
Theist - capitalist
Atheist - communist
Atheist - capitalist.

I'm just bunching up all those who believe in god/s in the "theist" category.

The point is, how the hell does one's choice of religious belief determine their political stance? By a few historical individuals? An Aryan dude with one testicle? A Chinese guy who kills his own? A Mad Mofo Russian?

Please, no...

-P_D
Yes, technically those are separate entities. However, you might not realise government controls, especially communists will not last if there are influential interventions. Most members of the communist parties knew this since the beginning of their establishment.
There are plenty of examples happening in recent years. These interventions not coincidentally just happens to be in the form of religious demonstrations.

T-mac01

HSC
N/A
The Brucemaster said:
How is that thoughtful in any way? Sometimes I wonder...
Well...good stats or statements don't come along very often in this thread. You gota praise them even if they are not 100% correct.

HSC
T-mac01 said:
Well...good stats or statements don't come along very often in this thread. You gota praise them even if they are not 100% correct.
The statement is neither statistically based nor is it good because it makes an absurd generalisation about a person's beliefs.

People who are atheists encompass all areas of the political spectrum. I'm quite certain that most of the atheists on this forum would not be Communist and there are certainly numerous atheists I know who are decidedly right wing.

Last edited by a moderator:

P_Dilemma

Extraordinary Entertainer
HSC
T-mac01 said:
Yes, technically those are separate entities. However, you might not realise government controls, especially communists will not last if there are influential interventions. Most members of the communist parties knew this since the beginning of their establishment.
There are plenty of examples happening in recent years. These interventions not coincidentally just happens to be in the form of religious demonstrations.
Then it's just a farce? They are communist and pretending they don't believe in God/s, or they are twisting the concept of God/s to suit their ends?

The best case i can think of now is an example of the former. Hitler took the swastika (a religious symbol of peace), reversed it and twisted it to his own ends. I remember a quote somewhere, he said: "By protecting myself against the Jews I am doing the Lord's work." Communist/Theist, don't you agree?

I don't know much history, so someone please provide an example of someone shouting: "THERE IS NO GOD LET'S GO KILL OUR NEIGHBORS AND BECOME COMMIES!" - This would be the Communist/Atheist...

But i've made my point; all it takes is one flier, and your fragile logic (i.e. commie = godless) comes crashing down.

-P_D

Last edited:

gerhard

HSC
Originally Posted by T-mac01

all communists are athiests
All communists are evil
----------------------------
therefore athiests are evil

anyone who has done any elementary philosophy or logic will know that this conclusion doesnt follow from the propositions.

also arguing that all athiests are communists is just stupid because all i have to do to prove you wrong is find a single athiest who isnt a communist. which is like half this forum.

gyped

HSC
well God does exist and i can prove it
heres a short story

a young girl wnet to a skool where noone believed God existed, but she did.

the teacher said to her "let me prove God does not exist to you in front of the whole class. Johnny go to the window"

"Now open the window"

"Now Johnny look in the clouds, do you see god"

"No" Johnny replied

"There u go" the teacher said "God doesn't exist"

Then the girl thought of a clever idea

"Johnny go to the window again"

"Now go to the teacher"

"Look at her head, can you see her brains?"

"No" Johnny replied

"there you go" The girl said "i just proved that u have no brains!"

"u believe that u have brains, but it doesnt neccesarily mean we can see them. Thats like God He exists, but we cant see Him"

God does exist, Trust me, im a christian, and im willing to answer anymore questions to anyone

as for the dude who asked why do we worship him, well its because he created us and has given us a chance to go to hevaen, so when we worship him, we are just thanking him for what he has done. o by the way, its not as boring as u think it is.

If anyone has anymore questions, please put mor posts up, ill b more than happy to answer them
:)

AntiHyper

Revered Member
HSC
heres a short story

the teacher said to her "let me prove God does not exist to you in front of the whole class. Johnny go to the window"

"Now open the window"

"No" Johnny replied

"Now go to the teacher"

"No" Johnny replied

"u believe that u have brains, but it doesnt neccesarily mean we can see them. Thats like God He exists, but we cant see Him"

God does exist, Trust me, im a christian, and im willing to answer anymore questions to anyone

as for the dude who asked why do we worship him, well its because he created us and has given us a chance to go to hevaen, so when we worship him, we are just thanking him for what he has done. o by the way, its not as boring as u think it is.

If anyone has anymore questions, please put mor posts up, ill b more than happy to answer them
This story sounds familiar, I think it was already posted in this thread earlier.

T-mac01

HSC
N/A
P_Dilemma said:
Then it's just a farce? They are communist and pretending they don't believe in God/s, or they are twisting the concept of God/s to suit their ends?

The best case i can think of now is an example of the former. Hitler took the swastika (a religious symbol of peace), reversed it and twisted it to his own ends. I remember a quote somewhere, he said: "By protecting myself against the Jews I am doing the Lord's work." Communist/Theist, don't you agree?

I don't know much history, so someone please provide an example of someone shouting: "THERE IS NO GOD LET'S GO KILL OUR NEIGHBORS AND BECOME COMMIES!" - This would be the Communist/Atheist...

But i've made my point; all it takes is one flier, and your fragile logic (i.e. commie = godless) comes crashing down.

-P_D
Yes you're exactly right.
I probably should've made it clearer. But you need to know they are not lying beneth a decent order of universal law. And "commies as godless" is not a simple science formula. There are other reasons for some of the discrepencies.

gyped said:
heres a short story

"Now open the window"

"No" Johnny replied

"Now go to the teacher"

"No" Johnny replied

Well, it's good that you're not an "anti-god" poster. But your unconditional belief just disappoints me. This is why Christians have been undermined because of their shallow basis on their belief.

hiphophooray123

Twisted firestarter
HSC
gyped said:
heres a short story

"Now open the window"

"No" Johnny replied

"Now go to the teacher"

"No" Johnny replied

hahaha

please tell me you were joking.

PLEASE.

So because the girl 'proved' that the teachers brains don't exist, then that means god does exist?

Because you can't prove that god doesn't exist, that automatically means that he does exist? what kind of logic is that.

"god does exist. trust me, im a christian"

hahaha i wanna sig that whole post, but mods will prob take it down because it's too big :(

hiphophooray123

Twisted firestarter
HSC
I still cannot get over how retarded that story is. And the fact that some people use it to 'prove' gods existence is VERY disturbing, i never knew anyone could be so...stupid.

lengy

HSC

T-mac01

HSC
N/A
hiphophooray123 said:
I still cannot get over how retarded that story is. And the fact that some people use it to 'prove' gods existence is VERY disturbing, i never knew anyone could be so...stupid.
There are plenty of Christians that are like that. Personally, I think there are more than not. Sad indeed.

T-mac01

HSC
N/A
http://www.falundafa.org/

Okay guys. I've thought for awhile about whether to post this website in this thread and I've finally decided to do this. At the moment, it seems to be the best time as there are no conflicts involved.
Before you go in, I would just like to remind yo that I do not represent members of the practitioners in anyway since I've only just began to take part in it myself. None of my actions should be related to anything concerning with the nature that this website support.
Finally, the reason for my decision to post this web is to let you guys see for yourself rather than me "bullshiting" which could easily be coming from self misinterpreted scriptures. I think this is only the right and fair thing for me to do for you guys.

So I would like to ask yo a favour. That is if you are going to question or criticise the web, please finish reading the whole online book first which is approximately 350 pages. Yes, the website contains lectures, talks and books where you can also get a hardcopy. But I doubt you'll do that and you don't really need to since you can read it online for free.

Lastly, I'm fully aware of all the possible reactions people will have with their initial visits. But again, just read the book first. And as a word of advice. You should never vandalise the content by harsh criticisms in anyway regarding this book. Although, you can question constructively with the doubts you will arise from the readings.

Ok, peace...hopefully!

dieburndie

Eat, Sleep, Repeat
HSC
Alright, I should probably expand upon that.
I just couldn't believe you could call that statement thoughtful, especially after I justified (and I use that term loosely) it with another statement that was completely irrelevant and ridiculous. You repeatedly prove how much of a life-failure you are. I wish you had given up when you said you would before.
Seriously what the fuck? ALL atheists are communists. That would also mean all capitalists were religious.
And do you have the memory of a goldfish or something? I was arguing with you in this thread about similar junk before.
You could just post "T-Mac" in the Abortion thread and the argument would be over. He's the best reason for abortion I'm yet to come across.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)