Does God exist? (2 Viewers)

do you believe in god?

• Total voters

Generator

HSC
N/A
secret said:
Have some respect for other individuals beliefs and In future, shut the fuck up with the religion force feeding or fuck off.
Funny.

Secret, it's a bit rich to talk about respect when you are forever swearing and showing nothing but contempt for what others have to say.

If you don't like or agree with what some on this forum have to say, then I suggest that you follow the example of NTB and c_james and do what you can to patiently challenge and possibly deconstruct the argument in question. There's no need for overly dismissive and gutter-level language, especially when you have made no attempt to challenge an argument yourself.

kobz

HSC
Generator said:
Funny.

Secret, it's a bit rich to talk about respect when you are forever swearing and showing nothing but contempt for what others have to say.

If you don't like or agree with what some on this forum have to say, then I suggest that you follow the example of NTB and c_james and do what you can to patiently challenge and possibly deconstruct the argument in question. There's no need for overly dismissive and gutter-level language, especially when you have made no attempt to challenge an argument yourself.
i agree wid you...swearing just shows u dnt yous ur mind and are ignorant of everything else so u just swear 2 end it your "cool" way

SoulSearcher

Entangled in the fabric of space-time ...
HSC
kobz said:
Non of u atheist ppl have answered my aanswer wid logic. put all ya resources n crap cuz they mean nufin 2 me n use ur logic

creation had a begining didnt it??? were did we come from?? were did the big bang come from???? dont u think theere had 2 be a starting point oderwise nufin would ever happen
MoonlightSonata said:
Rebuttal: The First Cause Argument

Claim:

Every event has a cause. The universe itself had a beginning, so it must have had a first cause, which must have been a creator God.

Response:

1. The assumption that every event has a cause, although common in our experience, is not necessarily universal. The apparent lack of cause for some events, such as radioactive decay, suggests that there might be exceptions. There are also hypotheses, such as alternate dimensions of time or an eternally oscillating universe, that allow a universe without a first cause.

2. By definition, a cause comes before an event. If time began with the universe, "before" does not even apply to it, and it is logically impossible that the universe be caused.

3. This claim raises the question of what caused God. If, as some claim, God does not need a cause, then by the same reasoning, neither does the universe.
Read the second post of this thread before you try to argue your point again.

kobz

HSC
there must be a suprreem starting point or oderwise der wouldnt be anything, ud keep on goin...like were did water come from?...were did hydrogen come ?from....were did protons come from?... it doesnt make sense unless u have a starting point which can satisfy all them needs....if it isnt God..wat is it?????

Not-That-Bright

Andrew Quah
HSC
creation had a begining didnt it??? were did we come from?? were did the big bang come from???? dont u think theere had 2 be a starting point oderwise nufin would ever happen
Even if we were to accept that the universe was created by some supernatural entity, that does not mean that there is a sentient God. This supernatural force could be ANYTHING, why does it have to be this all-powerful, sentient God?

there must be a suprreem starting point or oderwise der wouldnt be anything
Can you actually quote the things he copied from Moonlight's earlier post and rebut them? You've basically just said the same thing twice, not responding to the argument's of the other side.

kobz

HSC
Not-That-Bright said:
Even if we were to accept that the universe was created by some supernatural entity, that does not mean that there is a sentient God. This supernatural force could be ANYTHING, why does it have to be this all-powerful, sentient God?

Can you actually quote the things he copied from Moonlight's earlier post and rebut them? You've basically just said the same thing twice, not responding to the argument's of the other side.
can the begining be just ANYTHING?? how did that beginning make everything do wat it did, how did it tell the wind 2 move how did it create such complex things??? it must of been very high in knowledge n it has 2 be ultimate, since it was the beginning n it created things from itself

Not-That-Bright

Andrew Quah
HSC
can the begining be just ANYTHING??
Well it COULD be anything supernatural. Perhaps it was magic pixie dust?

how did that beginning make everything do wat it did, how did it tell the wind 2 move how did it create such complex things???
How did god make everything? How did god tell the wind to move? How did god create such complex things?

it must of been very high in knowledge
We have wind here on earth, it's generally because of changes in air pressure (I believe). No intelligence needed, all you need is whatever it is that is the right stuff to get everything started. I don't know what that would be, but since you're willing to accept one supernatual explanation, i'm putting forward - magical pixie dust.

n it has 2 be ultimate
What do you mean by 'ultimate'? I'm unsure. Anyway, yes, let's just say my pixie dust is 'ultimate'.

AntiHyper

Revered Member
HSC
kobz said:
there must be a suprreem starting point or oderwise der wouldnt be anything, ud keep on goin...like were did water come from?...were did hydrogen come ?from....were did protons come from?... it doesnt make sense unless u have a starting point which can satisfy all them needs....if it isnt God..wat is it?????
All elements anywhere are created by stars, smaller atoms fuse together to form bigger and heavier ones.

Protons are made up of quarks, there are several types of quarks when a right combination occurs you may have a Proton, Neutron or Electron.

Quarks are formed by energy during the early energy-rich state of the universe. Think of it as energy that condenses into matter as energy cools.

Man you do Physics at school you should know about these simple questions.

kobz

HSC
Not-That-Bright said:
Well it COULD be anything supernatural. Perhaps it was magic pixie dust?

How did god make everything? How did god tell the wind to move? How did god create such complex things?

We have wind here on earth, it's generally because of changes in air pressure (I believe). No intelligence needed, all you need is whatever it is that is the right stuff to get everything started. I don't know what that would be, but since you're willing to accept one supernatual explanation, i'm putting forward - magical pixie dust.

What do you mean by 'ultimate'? I'm unsure. Anyway, yes, let's just say my pixie dust is 'ultimate'.
does pixie dust have a mind??? wat i mean is that 4 sumthing 2 always be around 2 be the beginning..it must be infinete and unlimited in everything, if it had limits like ur pixi dust den there must of been sumthing greater that put them limits on it

kobz

HSC
AntiHyper said:
All elements anywhere are created by stars, smaller atoms fuse together to form bigger and heavier ones.

Protons are made up of quarks, there are several types of quarks when a right combination occurs you may have a Proton, Neutron or Electron.

Quarks are formed by energy during the early energy-rich state of the universe. Think of it as energy that condenses into matter as energy cools.

Man you do Physics at school you should know about these simple questions.
yeh n were did that engery come from?? see ur going nowhere

Not-That-Bright

Andrew Quah
HSC
does pixie dust have a mind???
I don't know... Does god have a mind? It's a supernatural entity that has no examinable properties.

wat i mean is that 4 sumthing 2 always be around 2 be the beginning..it must be infinete and unlimited in everything
Well I don't think it has to be 'unlimited in everything' to create the universe, could you explain why it has to be?

AntiHyper

Revered Member
HSC
I didn't went nowhere, I answerred your questions and to simplify it.

Some say it was the universe itself that collapsed into a big crunch, that caused the big bang. This means that the universe is ALWAYS been here, the same argument that you said "God" is infinite.

kobz

HSC
well if it wasnt unlimited in everything who limited us??? why cant we fly or see everything?? can u have a limited begining??? it would run out or die or sumthing it cant last 4eva and the universe is continously expanding so it has 2 bee sumthin comin from an unlimited source

Not-That-Bright

Andrew Quah
HSC
well if it wasnt unlimited in everything who limited us???
Why does it have to be unlimited in everything to limit us? Perhaps one of it's capabilities is to limit us?

can u have a limited begining???
Well you certainly can't logically have something which is unlimited, so I don't see why you can't have a limited beginning - whatever that means.

it would run out or die or sumthing it cant last 4eva
Interesting you say that, because that's exactly what some believe is going to happen... entropy and what-not.

ur_inner_child

.%$^!@&^#(*!?.%$^?!.
HSC
You're a new member so I'll be blunt.

This thread is asking about the evidence of the existence of God. That's not to say this is an atheist stance, considering many religious people are able to admit that.

UnIqUe_PrInCeSs

invading your mind
I'm leaving now to go find myself. If I should ret
HSC
Gangles.McGee said:
Many Gods exist, there isn't just one. Just think, some religions have 1 God, while others have 2,3,4 or more and asking or telling others to prove it isn't going to help because it all has to do with having faith.
You are able to choose what God/s you want to believe in.
Anyway, all I'm saying is that God does exist
I agree with EVERYTHING you just said.

_dhj_

-_-
HSC
ur_inner_child said:
You're a new member so I'll be blunt.

This thread is asking about the evidence of the existence of God. That's not to say this is an atheist stance, considering many religious people are able to admit that.
patiently put rather than blunt I'd say... :confused:

UnIqUe_PrInCeSs

invading your mind
I'm leaving now to go find myself. If I should ret
HSC
secret said:
How do you know there isn't just one God? See, this is what I mean when I say people should think before they type.
Because maybe faith tells them that. See when it comes to religion, facts and logic are not needed for some people cos it's all about what they believe in. Maybe their beliefs/hearts or whatever tells them that there's only one god, or more than one god.

to me religion is all about FAITH.

p.s don't know if what I just said actually makes sense but anyway.....

_dhj_

-_-
HSC
UnIqUe_PrInCeSs said:
Because maybe faith tells them that. See when it comes to religion, facts and logic are not needed for some people cos it's all about what they believe in. Maybe their beliefs/hearts or whatever tells them that there's only one god, or more than one god.

to me religion is all about FAITH.

p.s don't know if what I just said actually makes sense but anyway.....
I don't how there's a need to make an exception for religion.

Religion might be about faith but that doesn't protect it from rational criticism.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)