Does God exist? (2 Viewers)

do you believe in god?

• Total voters

moll.

Learn to science.
HSC
shaon0 said:
Why don't you believe in God or the supernatural? There has to be something other than this life
No there doesn't.
We all want there to be something other than this life and all it's trouble and pain.
But just cos we want something to be true doesn't mean it is.

KFunk

Psychic refugee
HSC
ekoolish said:
Firstly Life was created by a supernatural power, science is a bi-product of human creation, truth stems form humans, humans contain knowledge, love is an action of humans, the universe wasn't spontaneously generated hence a supernatural, the human race is a creation of a supernatural being. Btw some of the things you listed are hardly beliefs. A belief in the human race? Anyways i guess everyone is open to their own beliefs but if you don't have any don't bother posting...
Define what you mean by natural and supernatural.

Iron

Ecclesiastical Die-Hard
HSC
Kwayera said:
Oh really? Do you really appreciate this life, thinking that paradise is only after it?
Serious Iron, and this isnt just to you Kwayera, I dont see how the fact that Indians worship a culturally different god to the English is fatal to God's existence.

Cant we frame it in terms of a universal impulse/desire to know God, instead of being relativist vultures picking away at the flesh of truth?!

Iron

Ecclesiastical Die-Hard
HSC
Sure, but implicit in that is that choosing 'the god for you' is relative and therefore worthless. But the question is meant to unearth universal truth

Captain Hero

Banned
HSC
N/A
ekoolish said:
Each statement i made relates to another maybe you're not able to recognise that, i'm not sure. Nevertheless your baseless 'No' answers outline your ignorance.
If you're going to be such a credulous idiot, I've got a bridge to sell you.

shaon0

HSC
Kwayera said:
Oh really? Do you really appreciate this life, thinking that paradise is only after it?

Case in point: "There has to be something other than this life." There isn't, and you scorn the amazing thing it is by demanding otherwise.
You can still live your life but with boundaries. There's no reason why you can't believe in God and live your life normally.
The thing is that you can't say God doesn't exist, but you can't say God exists.
Its just whether or not your willing to accept that there is a divine being ie God.

Kwayera

Passive-aggressive Mod
HSC
shaon0 said:
You can still live your life but with boundaries. There's no reason why you can't believe in God and live your life normally.
The thing is that you can't say God doesn't exist, but you can't say God exists.
Its just whether or not your willing to accept that there is a divine being ie God.
What boundaries? Define them.

Because I have no reason to accept something that obviously can't be proven. Why should I? The costs outweigh the benefits.

Captain Hero

Banned
HSC
N/A
shaon0 said:
What? That's fucking retarded.

There's no evidence for any of the main theistic gods. All of the arguments i.e morality, afterlife, supernatural shit are all without base.

This is beyond stupid.

ekoolish

Impossible?
HSC
Captain Hero said:

There's no evidence for any of the main theistic gods. All of the arguments i.e morality, afterlife, supernatural shit are all without base.

This is beyond stupid.
The idea of religion has been around much much longer then any science has, think of any modern intervention and compare it to an ideal existing since the beginning of humanity.

shaon0

HSC
Kwayera said:
What boundaries? Define them.

Because I have no reason to accept something that obviously can't be proven. Why should I? The costs outweigh the benefits.
Likewise, you can't prove that God doesn't exist. So why should i believe your flawed point of view?
Also, I'm not asking you to accept that there is a god. If you don't want to believe that there isn't a God, fair enough. I don't care...that's your decision. And it may backfire.

shaon0

HSC
Captain Hero said:

This is beyond stupid.
lol, just lol

Will Shakespear

mumbo magic
HSC
ekoolish said:
The idea of religion has been around much much longer then any science has, think of any modern intervention and compare it to an ideal existing since the beginning of humanity.
the idea of witchcraft has been around much longer than...

nevermind :D

Captain Hero

Banned
HSC
N/A
ekoolish said:
Yeah and people used to shit in their food; what's your point?

Kwayera

Passive-aggressive Mod
HSC
shaon0 said:
Likewise, you can't prove that God doesn't exist. So why should i believe your flawed point of view?
Also, I'm not asking you to accept that there is a god. If you don't want to believe that there isn't a God, fair enough. I don't care...that's your decision. And it may backfire.
Do you believe in the tooth fairy?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)