Does God exist? (1 Viewer)

do you believe in god?

• Total voters
HSC
... i think religion is a way of life...

to try and reassure you that you don't just DIE.
you go to heaven.
you go to a better place.
and live with god in the sky.

okay.
i'd love to think of going to heaven.
and being reincarnated.
and other scenarios from varying religions.

but seriously, after you die, that's it.

N

noir.

minnn2 said:
... i think religion is a way of life...

to try and reassure you that you don't just DIE.
you go to heaven.
you go to a better place.
and live with god in the sky.
Most religions are a way of life - there's more to just reassuring the believers of a religion about the afterlife and so on... You're taught about how to live your life.

HSC
that's right.

religion is actually not that bad.
when practised right.

which most of the time;; it isn't.

noir. i have to ask.
are you a dude or a chick :p

ism

HSC
N/A
Enteebee said:
Immune to logic? I completely disagree... with that idea, people can be ignorant all they want but they'll (other than through insanity) never be immune.
sorry, what?

iamsickofyear12

HSC
noir. said:
Most religions are a way of life - there's more to just reassuring the believers of a religion about the afterlife and so on... You're taught about how to live your life.
Is it really necessary to have a religion teach you how to live your life? I haven't had any problems living my life and I hate all religions. I even think my beliefs and the way I live is superior to people who base their actions off religion.

A person could really end up making some bad decisions if they base their life completely on what a religion says.

anthropoestin

HSC
As a flagrant and passionate atheist, I am well assured to see the level of sensibility and rationality in the youth of Australia. May we never fall into that fundamentalist or indeed simply religious ditch of passed-down fairy stories that make up religious belief.

Good on you all for being clever.

sthcross.dude

HSC
personally im agonistic because u neva know. but to be certain that any one of the multitude of gods/scams to choose from is the correct one is pretty absurd. have u read moonlight sonata's stuff on page one of the thread. pure gold. especially:

How do we know God exists?
God exists because the Bible says so.
Why should we believe the Bible?
Because the Bible is the word of God.
How do we know God exists?
God exists because the Bible says so.
Why should we believe the Bible?
Because the Bible is the word of God.

i just cant fathom how someone could be so confident that any of these gods exists. i know theres already 4000+ posts on this and its all been done. but it continues to boggle my mind!!!!!

T-mac01

HSC
N/A
Tulipa said:
But God knew she was going to make that choice, so why did he create her?
Have you ever thought about why christians keep mentioning the fact the people are born with sins?

Just think about this. If you are or have become a bad person in heaven, what would God do to you and with this kind of people in heaven? As we all should know heaven is a place that's filled with anything that is good. This means for example, back-stabbing, war, chaos, filth, greed, etc. which happens a lot on Earth should never be allowed in heaven. Otherwise, heaven wouldn't be known as heaven. So those that have done some wrong things or got evil need to be brought down to Earth with physical bodies to suffer so they can pay back their sins.

Anyway, why we are here has got a lot to do with filtering and balancing tranquility in heaven.

btw, I'm not a christian.

Tulipa

Loose lips sink ships
to the left, a little below the right and right in
HSC
T-mac01 said:
Have you ever thought about why christians keep mentioning the fact the people are born with sins?
Wasn't that one of the medieval tactics to make sure babies were baptised as soon as they were born to avoid purgatory (another medieval construct) but really so the church could get money from the get go?

I basically stopped reading after that because it doesn't make sense if it's not an inherent idea of Christianity.

T-mac01

HSC
N/A
Tulipa said:
Wasn't that one of the medieval tactics to make sure babies were baptised as soon as they were born to avoid purgatory (another medieval construct) but really so the church could get money from the get go?

I basically stopped reading after that because it doesn't make sense if it's not an inherent idea of Christianity.

Omg, medieval tactics, not an inherent idea of Christianity, and doesn't make sense because "born with sins" is not an inherent idea?

You are truly one confused self-reclaimed Christian. Just tell me how you go about with your life.

I don't blame you for not reading the rest of my post coz I see no reason for retards to have the capacity to read anything more than one sentence that's beyond their own illogical thoughts.

Last edited:

Tulipa

Loose lips sink ships
HSC
T-mac01 said:
Omg, medieval tactics, not an inherent idea of Christianity, and doesn't make sense because "born with sins" is not an inherent idea?

You are truly one confused self-reclaimed Christian. Just tell me how you go about with your life.

I don't blame you for not reading the rest of my post coz I see no reason for retards to have the capacity to read anything more than one sentence that's beyond their own illogical thoughts.
I'm not a Christian?

Also, most of Christianity's traditions and the one that you talked about were brought about in Medieval times for the sole purpose of profit, thus I don't see how they relate back to the idea we're talking about here, that is the existence of God.

T-mac01

HSC
N/A
webby234 said:
You're assuming that people have choice, which is inconsistent with the idea that there is an all-knowing god who created us.
Argument as follows:
1. Assume an all-knowing, all-powerful God exists.
2. Assume the aforementioned God created us.
3. Being all-powerful, God could have created us in any way he wanted.
4. Being all-knowing, God knew the exact consequences of creating us in each particular way, including what 'choices' the people would make.
5. God chose to create us in a certain way, thus deciding our 'choices' for us. If we were able to make a different decision, then God would not be all-knowing, thus contradicting 1.

Without choice, I think the notion of sin and a 'bad person' falls down, especially as it has to be god that created sin.
That's right.

Christianity always claim that there is only one God in heaven and stuff like that. But allow me to explain the essence of this notion.
The truth is, there isn't only one God and all the others are the so callled the angels; there are actually more Gods than we can count. As a matter of fact, some of us were once Gods or Goddesses and why we are here has been stated previously as you now know.

So why the Christian faith keeps emphasising on this is because different race belongs to different kingdoms of heaven. One fact I've gathered is no asians or blacks can enter into the Kingdoms of heaven for the whites.
Asians can only ascend into their own world provided if they genuinely practice Buddhism or other forms of religion that hasn't been widely preached by monks, etc. This may also apply for the whites unable to enter the asian world of heavens. And there are the blacks that also belong to certain heavenly worlds. THe point is, Jesus Christ tried to prevent the CHristians spreading their faith/religion to other race because those asians that do practice CHristianity are wasting their effort because they will never be accepted into the white world. (Sorry for keep calling it the white world, I really don't know the correct name for it). This is also because Jesus Christ is only just powerful enough to help his own people "the whites" to be cultivate so they can return to their heavenly worlds.

Btw Jesus Christ is a great god who came down to earth as a saviour but there are many many more greater Gods with greater powers, knowledge, that are above Jesus Christ. I'm point this out because it is relevant to the fact that heaven is not just ONE place like Earth that is more pleasant. It's something you might already be aware of, it's the dimensions that co-exist with the space we also occupy. Its space is much thinner than ours and we tend to recognise it as some place higher above us but it is really a place that is higher multi-laterally. For example, the air in heaven is much thinner. There are also many many numerous layers of heaven that exist and the higher one goes, the thinner the air becomes.

The fact about what it's really like in heaven such as thinner air might not be true. But I'm just using it as an example to illustrate the point that heavens come in layers and the higher the layers, the better and more powerful the GOds are in it.

T-mac01

HSC
N/A
Tulipa said:
I'm not a Christian?

Also, most of Christianity's traditions and the one that you talked about were brought about in Medieval times for the sole purpose of profit, thus I don't see how they relate back to the idea we're talking about here, that is the existence of God.
Have you ever heard of principles such as ad hoc?
If the original principle is wrong, you really shouldn't be using it to judge and measure other facts and outcomes.

Medieval is medieval, it does not affect things that could be true. Just because it's from medieval ideology doesn't mean it's wrong if it is inconsistent with the current ideology. For all we could know, our current ideals could be the future medieval ideology that people in the future might recognise as false.

Anyway, "people are born with sins" is not just a medieval act of immorality. Even though a lot of ideas that were made up by those evil and political priests which really distorted a lot of ideas that were brought up by Jesus just for their own benefits such as profit, a lot of things might still be true which is still in the bibble.

Another thing that really bothers me with your recognition of your OWN religion is that you think modern ideology is the ultimate, correct and ruler of all that could be considered true. This modern theories are suggested by people who have their own set of selfish values, belief, limited intuition and knowledge. They shouldn't be used as a benchmark to criticise things that are doesn't support theories brought up by these kind of people.
One thing I can tell you is the best theory and time to measure what is correct are times that is closest to when Jesus Christ was still alive and preaching. Only his words are unmistakable. So why are you judging things based on facts made 2000 years after the genuine idea was raised?

T-mac01

HSC
N/A
Tulipa said:
I have no religion. I do not believe in a God nor do I believe that humans can even begin to understand or construct something that represents the creator or beginning of the universe.

That's my theory. Nothing else.
Ok, at least you said one thing that deserves respect. It is good to think that humans are not capable of conceiving the way universe works which is created by God.

However, if you have no religion, then why did you say you reject anything that is not within the Christianity faith? If you put it that way, it just won't make sense for anyone. So please make some effort with your reasonings.

But I understand why you say you have no religion.

Tulipa

Loose lips sink ships
HSC
I reject religion as a whole, pretty much because it doesn't make sense to me and most of the "traditions" of religion are constructs that don't have much to do with God but are more for profit or societal benefit.

I never said that I "reject anything that is not within the Christianity faith?" I have NO idea where you got that from.

T-mac01

HSC
N/A
Tulipa said:
I reject religion as a whole, pretty much because it doesn't make sense to me and most of the "traditions" of religion are constructs that don't have much to do with God but are more for profit or societal benefit.

I never said that I "reject anything that is not within the Christianity faith?" I have NO idea where you got that from.

"I basically stopped reading after that because it doesn't make sense if it's not an inherent idea of Christianity."

Have a look at the website I'm going to send you.

Tulipa

Loose lips sink ships
HSC
T-mac01 said:
"I basically stopped reading after that because it doesn't make sense if it's not an inherent idea of Christianity."

Have a look at the website I'm going to send you.
That isn't saying "I reject anything that is not within the Christianity faith?", it's saying that I didn't bothering reading on because that aspect of Christianity is not something that is applicable to the belief in God. It's a human construct, thus not relating to this argument.

T-mac01

HSC
N/A
Tulipa said:
That isn't saying "I reject anything that is not within the Christianity faith?", it's saying that I didn't bothering reading on because that aspect of Christianity is not something that is applicable to the belief in God. It's a human construct, thus not relating to this argument.
which is why I've explained to you that you can't say what is applicable and what's not.

Apparently, 'people born with sins' is an applicable belief in Christianity.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)