Does failing 2 subjects in half yearly's rid you from a band 6???? (1 Viewer)

nimco

HSC
Does failing the half yearly exams though doing well in the previous assessment RID YOU OF A BAND 6 IN THAT SUBJECT???

First assessment - got about 80 % in bio and 80 % in physics.
THOUGH I FAILED BOTH BIO AND PHYSICS HALF YEARLY!!!

If I intend on doing well in the trials,...does the half yearly still rid me of a band 6??

nae_13

Premium Member
HSC
If you intend to study, nothing can take away a band 6. Whatever your HSC mark is, is yours to keep. The aligning only comes in with the assessment mark according to your rank. So just concentrate on beating those in front of you ;)

FrozenSky

HSC
No it doesn't
Trials are typically worth ~50%, so if you do well in your trials you'll have a nice foundation for band 6

nimco

HSC
If you intend to study, nothing can take away a band 6. Whatever your HSC mark is, is yours to keep. The aligning only comes in with the assessment mark according to your rank. So just concentrate on beating those in front of you ;)
YES, I'M JUST WORRIED... MY RANK DEFINITELY DROPPED DUE TO THE FAILING.

I intend to bring it back.... but those who did well in all assessments will have a DEFINITE ADVANTAGE!

Thanks.

nimco

HSC
No it doesn't
Trials are typically worth ~50%, so if you do well in your trials you'll have a nice foundation for band 6
THANKS... the half yearly's were 30 %.. meaning 15% to HSC

And yes,, i think my trials are 40 %; hopefully all will go well, WITH HARD WORK :)

cem

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
Aligning is done on the raw exam marks to determine the cut-offs for the different bands.

What you are meaning is 'moderating' which adjusts the internal marks to the exam marks earned by the cohort.

For the OP - you can still get a Band 6 if you continue to work well, find out what you did wrong etc.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)