Does Eng Adv have to count to UAI. (1 Viewer)

zenger69

Bok Choyer
HSC
I was talking to my friend today and he telling me how much he hated it (Adv Eng) but he has to do well in it for a good UAI.
But he said I don't really have to worry about Adv Eng because I'm doing 4 units of english and my ext 1 & 2 will replace Adv Eng in my UAI.
As i'm kicking ass in Ext 1 and Ext 2 English but doing very average in Adv.

Is there any truth or possiblity?

Lazarus

Retired
HSC
If your scaled marks in Extension 1 and Extension 2 are higher than your scaled mark in Advanced, they will be counted instead.

Your best two units of English are the compulsory units - not necessarily your Advanced units.

zenger69

Bok Choyer
HSC
OMG you have delivered the best news to me ever.
.................................................................................................................

I'm doing 11 units, so I guess 50 marks out of advanced will count?

No more worrying over advanced.

woooooooooooooohoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

Slidey

But pieces of what?
HSC
I'm betting that if you do that well in ext. 1, you'll be in a situation where 2 units of advanced will count. :)

absolution*

ymyum
HSC
Slide Rule said:
I'm betting that if you do that well in ext. 1, you'll be in a situation where 2 units of advanced will count. :)
exactamundo

zenger69

Bok Choyer
HSC
Well i'm doing really average like 20th/100 in Advanced at my school whereas Ext 1 i'm actually doing well and came 3rd and I'm coming first at the moment in Ext 2.

But I'm finding advanced really demanding and almost like a liability. So when I heard the news that any 2 units of english I was over the moon.

Then doing only 11 units, So half of adv will still count. But Ext1 personally to me is easier than adv enough though it's extension.

absolution*

ymyum
HSC
zenger69 said:
Then doing only 11 units, So half of adv will still count. But Ext1 personally to me is easier than adv enough though it's extension.
It was the same for me and most other extension english students ive talked to. At the same time, still work on that rank. With extension results like the ones you posted you should at least be able to place top 10 which should get you a B6

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)