Does anyone work at Hungry Jacks?? (1 Viewer)

kennychan222

HSC
I am not really sure how working condition is. But Hungry Jack may be the best food store because its salary is at least $8 per hour for non-manager job. Many teenagers consider hungry jack is their first job. Avaragely $10 - 12.

In Wollongong, its salary and working condition should be reasonable. Plus I am 19, my salary will be higher.

I've a friend who works in Ice Link only gets paid $9 per hour because she is 17.

aimhigh10

HSC
i'm only starting at hungry jacks, only because of christmas holidays,
but which one out of is better overall?
mcdonalds,
kfc,
hungry jacks,
greater union,
hoyts,
bakers delight,
coles,
woolworths,, ?

any ideas?

akrinis

HSC
babikakez said:
It must vary from store to store because I know of people that I go to school with complaining about having to take their maccas uniform with them to school coz their shift was straight after school. But I have also heard that some maccas stores have changerooms as well. So it must depend on the store.
Our store has a change room, but no toilets, cos it's in a Food Court in Westfields. We still take our uniforms home and it's our responsibility to keep them neat and clean [which is kind of a disadvantage I think]

I've been working at HJ for 4 and 1/2 years now, the pay isn't great, and I'll agree the older you get the less shifts you recieve as a crew member. Thing of it as you being the owner, why would you pay someone $14.00 when you could pay someone $6.00 to do the same job, don't be stupid. However if you actually worth while, they'll offer you a management position.
$6 an hour? Who'd work for that little pay? I'm 16, and I get 8.83 w/ Casual Loading at Maccas.

Last edited:

bdude

HSC
kfc,
hungry jacks,
greater union,
hoyts,
bakers delight,
coles,
woolworths,, ?
All I know for sure is supermarkets > fast food outlets

HSC
aimhigh10 said:
i'm only starting at hungry jacks, only because of christmas holidays,
but which one out of is better overall?
mcdonalds,
kfc,
hungry jacks,
greater union,
hoyts,
bakers delight,
coles,
woolworths,, ?

any ideas?
Just get a job, then see if you think its allright.

aimhigh10

HSC
yeah i started hungry jacks today, it was surprising really good. Maybe because i've never worked anywhere else and I don't know what working conditions are actually like, but it was actually quite enjoyable.
Maybe because the other team people were really nice and helpful or maybe because I got the gist of it quickly, but it was quite fun..
and i was earning money while having fun, weird but i'm not complaining
going in tomorrow as well, but does anyone know, do we get paid double time on sundays?

sf_diegoxrock

HSC
you should get double pay on Sunday, or if your boss is tight (like mine was at a certain "fast food" place) its 1.5x

just curious, how's the pay @ Hungry Jacks

and don't you find it really hot/oily?

aimhigh10

HSC
wow double pay :) hopefully
the pay for me (because im under 16) is like $5.50 an hour, pretty shit i know but the time passes surprising fast
ive been mainly working on counters, so i dont get too sweaty, but i can see that the people cooking/people near the heat chute get pretty sweaty occasionally..

sf_diegoxrock

HSC
aimhigh10 said:
wow double pay :) hopefully
the pay for me (because im under 16) is like $5.50 an hour, pretty shit i know but the time passes surprising fast
ive been mainly working on counters, so i dont get too sweaty, but i can see that the people cooking/people near the heat chute get pretty sweaty occasionally..
dw too much about the pay - it sounds like you're really enjoying it

you'll gain a lot of skills, new experiences and friends too

lol just quit when it stops being fun

aimhigh10

HSC
sf_diegoxrock said:
dw too much about the pay - it sounds like you're really enjoying it

you'll gain a lot of skills, new experiences and friends too

lol just quit when it stops being fun
haha yeah
or when i get too busy with schoolwork i guess

aimhigh10

HSC
speaking of hungry jacks, they just called me up then and asked me to come in today.... oh boy am i wishing i get double pay
three days of full work is shockingly tiring

F M L

HSC
I work at HJ's, pay is pathetic, but apart from that it's not all that bad

Fowlnight09

HSC
N/A
i could realy use some advice i'm 12 and going for an interview at Hungry jacks no one else has applied for this store so i am deffinetly in and i'm practicly the only australian as everyone who works at the hungry jacks that i'm going to is indian i'm in western australia and hearing 16 year olds get paid 6 to 7 bucks seems unffair but my family isnt exactly rich so i dont get huge pocket money and i like the idea of having my own job im doing trainee ship certificates to get paid extra but how much am i looking at an hour for that i haer about the mistreatment and scams in hungry jacks and wondering if i should still go hear about a 15 year old locked in the freezer by someone jamming a screwdriver in the door luckilly he was six foot and packed heaps of mussle and barged the door of its hinges i am decently srong fo my age and if i got locked in the freezer would probebly die i could use some advice,tips,answers to payment issues thanks:chainsaw::eek:

TheStallion

HSC
i could realy use some advice i'm 12 and going for an interview at Hungry jacks no one else has applied for this store so i am deffinetly in and i'm practicly the only australian as everyone who works at the hungry jacks that i'm going to is indian i'm in western australia and hearing 16 year olds get paid 6 to 7 bucks seems unffair but my family isnt exactly rich so i dont get huge pocket money and i like the idea of having my own job im doing trainee ship certificates to get paid extra but how much am i looking at an hour for that i haer about the mistreatment and scams in hungry jacks and wondering if i should still go hear about a 15 year old locked in the freezer by someone jamming a screwdriver in the door luckilly he was six foot and packed heaps of mussle and barged the door of its hinges i am decently srong fo my age and if i got locked in the freezer would probebly die i could use some advice,tips,answers to payment issues thanks:chainsaw::eek:
I lol'd out loud.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)