Does anyone work at Hungry Jacks?? (1 Viewer)

charmed_cuties

Bubblegum girl
HSC
adsta said:
I used to work at burger king (pretty similar conditions I would imagine). I actually didn't mind it, but that depends on who you work with. The pay was around the normal rate for casual work. You will get angry customers who have to wait for their double whooper with no onion to be made for them, but you learn to kind of block it all out.
I'm working at kmart now (going to my 3rd shift in a couple hours), it's a bit hard to compare, cause I'm so new there (plus i'm working in layby at xmas time..... crazy). Fast food isn't as bad as everyone says. It's a pretty easy job, and there is always stuff to do when there are no customers to serve.
Good luck
thanx for the info. i'm actually going 4 an interview tomorrow at Parramatta Hungry jacks

elisabeth

HSC
Good luck charmed! I have a trial thingy later this week at Oporto. :) So I hope all the rumours about fast food being crap aren't true too.

meLoncoLLie

adores corgis
HSC
charmed_cuties said:
thanx for the info. i'm actually going 4 an interview tomorrow at Parramatta Hungry jacks
hi charmed_cuties :)

i've been to an interview at hungry jacks hurstville, i don't know if it's the same with the parra one, but the pay ain't great (<6 dollars for a 16-yo), and they make you sign a 6-month contract and pay a 50-dollar bond :( that's why i didn't go when i was offered the job. but anyway, good luck on your interview and hopefully you'll be happy with the job :)

dark`secrets

<insert title>
HSC
N/A
yeah charmed cuties goodluck
because some people are still unemployed

elisabeth

HSC
meLoncoLLie said:

i've been to an interview at hungry jacks hurstville, i don't know if it's the same with the parra one, but the pay ain't great (<6 dollars for a 16-yo), and they make you sign a 6-month contract and pay a 50-dollar bond :( that's why i didn't go when i was offered the job. but anyway, good luck on your interview and hopefully you'll be happy with the job :)
O.O Is that legal? What position were you offered, full time, part time or casual? What would have happened if you quit before then?

meLoncoLLie

adores corgis
HSC
elisabeth said:
O.O Is that legal? What position were you offered, full time, part time or casual? What would have happened if you quit before then?
part time, on a roster basis.

if you quit during the 6 months you lose the 50 bucks...

meLoncoLLie

adores corgis
HSC
yeah.

a couple of my friends have worked at hungry jacks hurstville, and they said it was bad.

i don't know about other stores, things could be better. ( btw i'm not trying to scare charmed_cuties away > <)

em_516

bludging..
HSC
i used to work at burger king (now a hungry jacks store) and i hated it..but then maybe that was just my experience..but yeh..had crappy managers and constantly shitty customers..plus the fact that i was grossed out by the food..i never ate there when i worked there haha..the people i worked with were pretty nice though..made things a little bit bearable..

ok..so that doesn't sound so fun..but that could have just been my store..and it's not a huge deal..i'm sure it'll all be fine..and besides..my parents made me get a job and i was angry haha..

JimBob

HSC
N/A
I used to work at Burger King until it got shut down for health reasons... Yeah, anyway, I had a ball working there, probably because I was working with most of my good friends with next to no management/rules but yeah, I had fun. Pay was average/crap, and in the end I got screwed over by my boss but that is because it was a franchise and he just bailed..

Rikstah

HSC
charmed_cuties said:
man i hope hungry jacks isn't that bad. man i'm getting paranoid. i'll just go to the interview and see wat happens
Don't worry about it, I'm working there right now its not that bad, its an easy job but the pay ain't great, but you're probable age considering you did your HSC 2004 means you'll get paid alot better than a 16 yr old recruit.

Max pay rate for non managers is 15 dollars per hour

trustmenever

Banned
HSC
any greasy fast-food stores = shit, ,
Never worked in any fast food store and will never..
unless i need a lot of money desperately.
P, S : the greas destroys ur skin if u have sensitive skin, if u have oily skin u r in deep shit.

sagganuts

HSC
i just quit working at HJ's after about 3 and a half years. It was good to start with, i got heaps of work and was offered a traineeship and all. once i turned 16, i got a pay rise, and i started getting no shifts at all.

From my experience at the Shellharbour, NSW store, once you get older you are no longer wanted cause you're too much. so rather then fire you, they stop giving you shifts. its kinda bullshit really, cause the work wasnt bad.

gordo174

HSC
I know this thread is really old, but I just had to comment after I saw so much stupidity, I even signed up for it, ha.

trustmenever said:
any greasy fast-food stores = shit, ,
Never worked in any fast food store and will never..
unless i need a lot of money desperately.
P, S : the greas destroys ur skin if u have sensitive skin, if u have oily skin u r in deep shit.
How can you say fast food stores are "shit" when you have "never worked in any" before, are you completely stupid? Don't throw around comments unless you have proof to back them up.

meLoncoLLie said:

That is complete bullshit. The only thing HJ makes you hold a bond for is for your uniform, and when you return your uniform when you leave, or get fired you recieve the $40 back. It is taken out of your pay in small amount, something like $2.00 a week, in which your parents and you must sign for. If you don't like that, don't go there. It's simply covering their backside incase you run off with their uniforms. Macca's does not have such a policy because you do not take the uniforms home.

I've been working at HJ for 4 and 1/2 years now, the pay isn't great, and I'll agree the older you get the less shifts you recieve as a crew member. Thing of it as you being the owner, why would you pay someone $14.00 when you could pay someone $6.00 to do the same job, don't be stupid. However if you actually worth while, they'll offer you a management position.

Any job is what you make of it, if you go in with a shit attitude, you'll have a crap time. Go in happy, and you'll be fine.

armygirl

HSC
N/A
gordo174 said:
That is complete bullshit. The only thing HJ makes you hold a bond for is for your uniform, and when you return your uniform when you leave, or get fired you recieve the $40 back. It is taken out of your pay in small amount, something like $2.00 a week, in which your parents and you must sign for. If you don't like that, don't go there. It's simply covering their backside incase you run off with their uniforms. Macca's does not have such a policy because you do not take the uniforms home.
Who said Macca's don't take their uniforms home? I've been working there for about a year now and have always taken mine home. In our store if you leave your uniform behing it gets confiscated and you have to pay to get it back.

Seejay

HSC
Rikstah said:
Don't worry about it, I'm working there right now its not that bad, its an easy job but the pay ain't great, but you're probable age considering you did your HSC 2004 means you'll get paid alot better than a 16 yr old recruit.

Max pay rate for non managers is 15 dollars per hour
haha i think she either got the job already or probably quit a while ago cos she made the thread like 3 years ago

^CoSMic DoRiS^^

makes the woosh noises
HSC
armygirl said:
Who said Macca's don't take their uniforms home? I've been working there for about a year now and have always taken mine home. In our store if you leave your uniform behing it gets confiscated and you have to pay to get it back.
maybe it varies from store to store. my sister's friend works at maccas and at her store they don't take their uniforms home. apparently there's like a changeroom out the back and you get dressed in there before your shift. i'm surprised there's room for such a thing in this store since its pretty small but whatever...

HSC
^CoSMic DoRiS^^ said:
maybe it varies from store to store. my sister's friend works at maccas and at her store they don't take their uniforms home. apparently there's like a changeroom out the back and you get dressed in there before your shift. i'm surprised there's room for such a thing in this store since its pretty small but whatever...
It must vary from store to store because I know of people that I go to school with complaining about having to take their maccas uniform with them to school coz their shift was straight after school. But I have also heard that some maccas stores have changerooms as well. So it must depend on the store.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)