does anyone not read at all, except school when u have to (1 Viewer)

SashatheMan

StudyforEver
HSC
N/A
i am pretty good at school , but i never read anytihng accept some articles and books i had to read for school

Miss_Mirage86

Full-Time Princess
HSC
never read unless i had to for school, and even then it was a struggle coz it was forced. but, over the hols i began WANTING to read books n considering im a comm student i thought it was a good idea. lol. juz read the da vinci code n it was great. give me the next book please.

Grobus

Laughing Boy
HSC
No, I get a lot of pleasure out of reading.

aim54x

XccenTRiX
lost in the mists of time, shrouded by thought
HSC
i read when i get the time. have been demolishin books at a rate of a novel every 2-3 days durin this break b4 uni. last yr was hard, spent most of the yr tryin 2 get through LOTR. as good as the movies, due to the differences it is unfair to judge otherwise.

a technicality would put the books in front due to the greater detail n depth.

mushroom_head

holey moley!
HSC
SashatheMan said:
i am pretty good at school , but i never read anytihng accept some articles and books i had to read for school
yep! that's me! that's y my english was so bad at school. i'm hoping to start reading the da vinci code soon since i have bought it for a few months already

miss_b

still obsessed...
HSC
Reading is one of the better ways of spending time :)

withoutaface

Premium Member
HSC
I used to read a lot, not so much any more, dunno why.

matt#1

HSC
N/A
withoutaface said:
I used to read a lot, not so much any more, dunno why.
me too...it might have something to do with the fact that we already read enough at uni and want to spend our spare time doing something else.

Hippy La-Laa

Stupid Pixie.
HSC
I've never been a big reader. Even when we had texts for school I would avoid it until the last minute.

The only things I read are the papers everyday, magazines and occasionally biographies and autobiographies....

Oh. And I adore reading Nigella Lawson's cookbooks. Best.Food Writer. Ever.

HSC
i'm hopeless... i used to read heaps BuT not anymore

i just can't get myself to read a book except for travel guides!

i start a book and tell myself get to the next chapter , then so on or just read to the next page ending in 0

i'm hopeless

SashatheMan

StudyforEver
HSC
N/A
something_funny said:
i'm hopeless... i used to read heaps BuT not anymore

i just can't get myself to read a book except for travel guides!

i start a book and tell myself get to the next chapter , then so on or just read to the next page ending in 0

i'm hopeless
i read first chapter and then just give up .. i cant read for more then 30 miniutes i get bored. unless its somethign that really interest me , but i still cant read for too long

S

Shuter

I never ever read books and never really have. I've only ever read a few books out of free will when I was younger. I haven't read a book not for school for at least 4 years now. It's just so slow and boring.

SashatheMan

StudyforEver
HSC
N/A
Shuter said:
I never ever read books and never really have. I've only ever read a few books out of free will when I was younger. I haven't read a book not for school for at least 4 years now. It's just so slow and boring.
wow great mind think alike.

ahacohen

HSC
Reading is pleasure

See, i see it this way, it depends on what you are reading. The books the schools recommend us to read are full of crap. When i was in year 7 and 8, i hated reading. until harry potter came along. but then i moved on to more interesting stuff. i even started up a little group within my school. the books i read usually end up with the rest of my year groups aswell as younger audiences. A EXTREMELY GOOD READ if you are into romantic comedies is "Can you keep a secret?" by Sophie Kinsella.

^CoSMic DoRiS^^

makes the woosh noises
HSC
reading is pure indulgent fun. im never without a book somewhere in my possession :p and even though some ppl hate school books i think they're cool because you get to read stuff you wouldnt normally out of your own choice. if u dont read then grab a book n get started *cracks whip*

Sarah168

London Calling
HSC
jhakka said:
I love reading. Couldn't function without it.
me too :D I've been an avid reader since i was a kid anyway. I dont really agree with the view that all the stuff they make us read in school is a load of boring shti or whatever. I find myself often liking about 80% of the texts we have to study.

Grobus

Laughing Boy
HSC
ahacohen said:
See, i see it this way, it depends on what you are reading. The books the schools recommend us to read are full of crap.... i hated reading. until harry potter came along. but then i moved on to more interesting stuff. i even started up a little group within my school. the books i read usually end up with the rest of my year groups aswell as younger audiences. A EXTREMELY GOOD READ if you are into romantic comedies is "Can you keep a secret?" by Sophie Kinsella.
LOL.

Grobus

Laughing Boy
HSC
In the last two weeks Ive read 8 books. Its crazy - I read on the train to and from uni and Ive been doing heaps there.

Crazy Horse

HSC
Loved reading ever since i was a kid. I think that the texts studied at school might not always be enjoyable at first but when you begin to go deeper into them - cant help but appreciate them for the cleverness (most of them anyway).

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)