does anyone not drink (1 Viewer)

bheck7

Don't shoot the messenger
HSC
I don't drink at all, I can enjoy myself without alcohol or drugs in my body.
good for you :) I didn't drink until i was 18. But i don't often drink, only occasionally at birthdays, out town. even out i dont drink cos it's so expensive. vodka raspberry, $7. pfft.

moll.

Learn to science.
HSC
I don't drink at all, I can enjoy myself without alcohol or drugs in my body.
You obviously missed the point of drugs and alcohol. It's not to enjoy yourself, it's to enjoy yourself more. By forgetting or relaxing your inhibitions, one can become a veritable "Yes Man" for a night.

gifted:)

HSC
one does not need to drink to have a good time. i think that guys have all this sterotype crap they have to uphold, so if they are out on the town with their mates, they feel the need to drink to impress. And bTy, whats so good about drinking 12 stubbies, ones enough.

Darnie

mad cunt
HSC
i doubt anyone has said that they dont have a good time when they dont drink. what they are saying is that drinking heightens their good time. if i want to drink more drinks, i will, and if that ends up being 12 stubbies (or more) thats how it is.

HalcyonSky

HSC
one does not need to drink to have a good time. i think that guys have all this sterotype crap they have to uphold, so if they are out on the town with their mates, they feel the need to drink to impress. And bTy, whats so good about drinking 12 stubbies, ones enough.
it's quite hard to have a good time when you're out and not drinking. It just makes everyone around you seem like dickheads, the girls seem ugly, and you're more aware of how shit the music actually is. Drinking is necessary for a good time in the 'going out' context

Last edited:

Graney

Horse liberty
HSC
Clubs are pretty fucking boring, there's usually very little scope for conversation, the music sucks, the atmosphere can be pretty threatening, you have to be a certain extreme type of personality to actually enjoy that sober.

Really, I'd rather hang out with mates at home if I'm not drinking. Or go to a show, or somewhere with good food. Pubs and clubs are rubbish sober.

dieburndie

Eat, Sleep, Repeat
HSC
it's quite hard to have a good time when you're out and not drinking. It just makes everyone around you seem like dickheads, the girls seem ugly, and you're more aware of how shit the music actually is. Drinking is necessary for a good time in the 'going out' context
this is so very true.
and considerable drinking as well, a couple doesn't really help.

preetsa

HSC
I dont drink and i don't see why i should when theres plenty of other options out there
Waste of money
Waste of life
Waste of time
and Waste of health and it might be fun and all
but is it really worth it ?
Dont think so

^CoSMic DoRiS^^

makes the woosh noises
HSC
this is so very true.
and considerable drinking as well, a couple doesn't really help.
exactly

although, imo the people you are with has a lot to do with it. I've had some epic fun nights sober when all my best friends were there and in a good mood. Most of the time though alcohol FTW

actually thinking about it now I'm not sure why I actually continue to go to pubs and clubs and etc. I don't really like the atmosphere of most places that much tbh, even drunk.

lol, alcholol fuelled night planned for my birthday tomorrow, it better be good.

addikaye03

The A-Team
HSC
I most certaintly drink, but its not like i drink every night, just pubs and clubs every saturday night and sometimes wednesdays (uni night) lol and when friends have parties etc. If u don't drink when your out it makes for a shit night 9 times out of 10.

scarybunny

Rocket Queen
HSC
I dont drink and i don't see why i should when theres plenty of other options out there
Waste of money
Waste of life
Waste of time
Dont think so

If you're an expensive drunk, it may indeed be financially prudent to use other drugs instead.

^CoSMic DoRiS^^

makes the woosh noises
HSC
it is fucking too hot to go out tonight do not want ABORT

however it is too late to cancel now and people are coming from inconvenient places to see me so looks like it's get yr drink on time

at least in this context its acceptable to leave the house wearing almost nothing 'cause that's what I feel like doing lol

Riet

Tomcat Pilot
HSC
it was okay when I was out last night, but when I got home and my house was like 30C it was fairly awful.

moll.

Learn to science.
HSC
Waste of money
Waste of life
Waste of time
Dont think so
What the hell would you know about drinking? You're not even eighteen yet.
Underage drinking culture is entirely different to the over-18 drinking culture. While you can lay claim to it being cool to not drink when under 18, once you and your friends turn 18, that changes. You will end up being either bored when you go to pubs and clubs with friends, or will be ostracised from your mates because they find you boring at the parties and just don't invite you.
Whether you like it or not, you're going to have to learn to drink, or at least get really good at pretending to be drunk.

DaGizza

HSC
Yeah it tends to become even harder for the non-drinkers to resist once they turn 18. You don't have to drink crazy amounts and like vomit every single time and not remember anything the night before. You can sort of drink in moderation a lot of the time but not always. If you don't drink you're putting your social life is jeopardy. It is not impossible to have a good time but a lot harder.

But the again if you want to be a nerd or a loner with no life feel free to resist the temptation :lol:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)