does anyone not drink (1 Viewer)

ClockworkSoldier

Clockwork Army
HSC
^CoSMic DoRiS^^ said:
You get dropkick tards in every place and I daresay alcohol is part of their problem but I doubt it's the root cause. Look at the other common factors they share, i.e. living in murwillumbah (looks like a pretty isolated boring place tbh), family background, etc.
Only major centre whithin half an hour to an hour each way. Lol.

^CoSMic DoRiS^^

makes the woosh noises
HSC
AusBluesMan said:
Only major centre whithin half an hour to an hour each way. Lol.
Lol but still. It's fairly out of the way generally speaking. And it does look boring, no offence...

I reckon family upbringing is probably more important anyway when it comes to feral bogans being feral bogans. They don't get brought up nicely by decent parents and then turn 18 and wreck their lives drinking away their wages, that kind of attitude has to come from somewhere.

Leave them be though at least they're good entertainment for the civilised folk (if you ever get down about yourself go to your seediest local pub around closing time, whoever is left in there will make you feel infinitely better about yourself, LOL. not that I do that or anything)

swampdog!

HSC
AusBluesMan said:
Inferiority was mentioned where exactly in my last few posts?
Inferiority is implied when you say things like "they've shown no signs of change".. obviously as in they're lives are in some way wrong and should change to suit your expectations.

I can understand if people are rowdy and annoying (or dole bludgers) that they impact on you and you have a right to think them unsavoury... But seriously if someone incorporates binge drinking as a high priority into their lifestyle (or pot or sex for scaredyt's sake) it doesn't make them necessarily deadbeats like you've suggested. That is what you call a stereotype. The same way you of course refute the negative way others here have called non-drinkers nerds/losers/whatever it's equally annoying that you instantly call people who lead lifestyles that you consider unproductive/immoral/whatever deadbeats/losers. People can choose to lead lives of little significance to the society around them in order to try and get what they see as the most out of life. If someone thinks that they will benefit more from working a little less hard, working an easy job and putting more emphasis on their enjoyment of life than their success then they shouldn't be judged for that...​

HSC
the "breeding" was more a reference to them having lots of children so as to get more dole money. not sex itself.

i dont give a fuck if they do it. but ausbluesman has very valid views given the state of the communities in this region. and as such i back him up.

swampdog!

HSC
scaredytiger said:
the "breeding" was more a reference to them having lots of children so as to get more dole money. not sex itself.

i dont give a fuck if they do it. but ausbluesman has very valid views given the state of the communities in this region. and as such i back him up.
yeah i had a suspicion after i posted that that you meant actual reproduction rather than sex itself.

Look, I can understand where aus is coming from but I disagree with the way he's claimed that pretty much all people that binge drink turn out badly. The thing that's getting me is that he's pretty much said all the idiots/dickheads he knows binge drink and used this implying that binge drinking must cause people to become idiots/dickheads. It's a logical fallacy and the epitome of how people stereotype, attaching a stigma/attitude to a behaviour. The fact is drinking has great appeal to these distasteful types you've described, but it can also appeal to completely differently minded individuals. To say "you should not to drink so you won't become a dickhead" is absolutely ludicrous!

Last edited:

ClockworkSoldier

Clockwork Army
HSC
swampdog! said:
yeah i had a suspicion after i posted that that you meant actual reproduction rather than sex itself.

Look, I can understand where aus is coming from but I disagree with the way he's claimed that pretty much all people that binge drink turn out badly. The thing that's getting me is that he's pretty much said all the idiots/dickheads he knows binge drink and used this implying that binge drinking must cause people to become idiots/dickheads. It's a logical fallacy and the epitome of how people stereotype, attaching a stigma/attitude to a behaviour. The fact is drinking has great appeal to these distasteful types you've described, but it can also appeal to completely differently minded individuals. To say "you should not to drink so you won't become a dickhead" is absolutely ludicrous!
You can drink, just don't drink so much that it visibly kills braincells.

Some of these people were really smart and well composed, until the crowd sucked them in. They became lazy, destructive and badly motivated. A majority of them develop depression. It is not that I look down my nose at them, it is the fact that I have seen Alcohol change someone for the worse.

swampdog! said:
The thing that's getting me is that he's pretty much said all the idiots/dickheads he knows binge drink and used this implying that binge drinking must cause people to become idiots/dickheads.
I am basing my opinion in my immediate area. Sure, things are probably different in other places, but this is what I have seen since year 7.

Inferiority was by no way meant to be implied in my last statement. They show no change in the way they cause a problem to society. I do not look down my nose at them, I get disapointed by what they do to others, others property, the culture of the town and themselves.

(More towards Scaredytiger) Look what they did to Byron Bay. It's turned into another generic tourist town like Collangatta.

Last edited:

boris

Banned
HSC
Pretty sure Coolangatta is doing pretty fucking well for itself these days bro.

ClockworkSoldier

Clockwork Army
HSC
boris said:
Pretty sure Coolangatta is doing pretty fucking well for itself these days bro.
True, but it IS just a generic tourist town. Byron used to have a culture, one of street selling, music and fun. Then the Bogans arrived, thrashed the place for a while, causeing the council to ban street selling and put up Busking fees in excess of $100.

Now even the locals say it's turning into a "mini Gold Coast".

Miss Scarlet

HSC
Hi,

Just a question....how old are you? I don't drink either, and I find that I am definitely in the same situation as you. I would like to drink in the future, but I just feel that I'm not quite ready yet, and would rather concentrate on my studies. I think that its great that you feel in control enough of yourself to stand up for your morals and values....stick to them. If you don't want to drink, don't let anyone try to force you. And, if people are judging you because of it, they are obviously not worth being freinds with. :uhhuh:

lala2

Banned
HSC
I was a complete teetotaller up until the beginning of last year. Now, I drink, but it's negigible. I have a set program for myself (btw, I'm 19) which differs according to the situation:

NON-ALCOHOLIC LOCATION, e.g. restaurant...basically anywhere that isn't a pub or pub-like hotel

1. Water/fruit juice
2. If nothing else is available at all, or if there is stuff available on the menu but I don't want to be the first to call for non-alcoholic stuff, I will SIP whatever alcohol there is.

PUB/PUB-LIKE HOTEL

1. Lemon lime bitter
2. Cocktail (but rarely get to this stage), and sip very slowly.

ClockworkSoldier

Clockwork Army
HSC
Miss Scarlet said:
Hi,

Just a question....how old are you? I don't drink either, and I find that I am definitely in the same situation as you. I would like to drink in the future, but I just feel that I'm not quite ready yet, and would rather concentrate on my studies. I think that its great that you feel in control enough of yourself to stand up for your morals and values....stick to them. If you don't want to drink, don't let anyone try to force you. And, if people are judging you because of it, they are obviously not worth being freinds with. :uhhuh:
Fair enough, lol. (Don't know how to express this without it sounding contradictory to my other statements, so I'll just say it. Haha) Concentrating on your studies is a good thing to do. Just... Don't concentrate too hard... That is where stress eventuates.

I'm 18.

Miss Sunshine

HSC
N/A
i know lots of people that don't drink but i also know lots of people that do drink.

I don't drink and many of the people around me don't :)

HSC
Miss Sunshine said:
i know lots of people that don't drink but i also know lots of people that do drink.

I think what she's trying to say is that, she knows loads of people.

moll.

Learn to science.
HSC
Miss Sunshine said:

And damn straight you shouldn't. You're like 12 years old.

boris

Banned
HSC
im 14 in feburary and i drink like a seasoned alco. i can down an entire carton on beer in one sesh if i apply myself to it. you should all be more liek me

Riet

Tomcat Pilot
HSC
lala2 said:
PUB/PUB-LIKE HOTEL

1. Lemon lime bitter
2. Cocktail (but rarely get to this stage), and sip very slowly.
You know lemon lime bitters has negligible alcohol? Also drinking cocktails is pretty dumb because it's hard to tell how much you've had to drink... But more to the point why even go to a pub or bar if you don't drink? (unless designated driver).

moll.

Learn to science.
HSC
Riet said:
You know lemon lime bitters has negligible alcohol? Also drinking cocktails is pretty dumb because it's hard to tell how much you've had to drink... But more to the point why even go to a pub or bar if you don't drink? (unless designated driver).
I think she might mean lemon, lime, bitters and vodka. They're the shit. Even if i do feel like my genitalia is turning concave when drinking them.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)