does anyone like my inner journey story idea?? (1 Viewer)

eusher2008

HSC
My inner journey story idea is about a young 17 yr old girl who when she was eight yrs old got in a car accident. The girl made a full physical recovery and seemed back to normal. What her friends and family didn't know is that she now battles a mental disorder or demond that she needs to get rid of before she can properly move on with her life..
It would be of much help if you could give me some tips on how to make my idea better (sooner rather than later because i have to do an essay on this in period 6 lol)
Thanks in advance..
From Emily

molly91

HSC
Don't try to make your idea too complex - mental illnesses are a huge concept to explore. Remember, you only get 40mins to write about it.
Also, you should stick to an idea where you know a lot about it, or something you've experienced, that way you're more able to put in the emotions, and writing becomes a lot more natural.

starrysky

HSC
Realism is just as key in this area as the actual portrayed journey is. Personally I wouldn't recommend sticking with it, because there are far easier ideas out there that will not only be more realistic if you write them, but will be easier to write about in forty minutes, and will be easy to manipulate so that you don't get thrown by any question they give.

Writing about mental illness and inner journey doesn't get good marks unless the emotion and vividness are there, and it takes a considerable amount of writing and time to explore and depict both those things.

DekarTyphon

HSC
Uni Grad
Tulipa said:
It's pretty terrible.
Agreed. One, you'd have to spend a fair bit of time contextualising your story, two it's not worth contextualising because it's boring.

Hockey_Girl1992

HSC
Hey im in year 11 and having some problems with journeys too.
you guys say that this idea for a story is too complicated to write about in an exam
well what is a simple one?
i mean its pretty hard to write about a short journey and still make it interesting..
this seems like a hard topic to cover
a little help please

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)