• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Does anyone know what mark you would need to internal transfer to b.commerce?? (1 Viewer)

sghguos

HSC
N/A
Does anyone know what mark you would need to internal transfer to b.commerce??

Also, would having have done only 6 courses done instead of 8 due to the fact that I have 1 (discontinue fail) and 1 (discontinue not fail) negate me even getting a chance?

engineering

HSC
N/A
What do you mean by "internal transfer"? What is your current degree?

For most change of degrees, at least if you are moving from one faculty to another, you generally have to reapply to UAC. Best check with the Business faculty office.

You will probably be judged based on some type of combination of your original ATAR and your current uni marks.

Carrotsticks

Retired
HSC
N/A
Thx for answering

Sir how confident are you that a discontinue fail counts as 0 to your wam?

In this case would it be better to just end up with a shit fail mark (30ish) instead???
Very confident.

Purely with respect to your WAM, a 'shit fail mark' would be preferable (but still not good of course because you will have to repeat the unit if it's a core subject).

Like I said, contact the Business School to discuss your options.

sghguos

HSC
N/A
Discontinue fail counts as 0 to your WAM, so it may be difficult. Best to call up the uni here

http://sydney.edu.au/business/about/contacts
Revising the question,

What would be the chance of me making an internal transfer to b.commerce at USYD if I took the needed summer school courses to fill up my fails and ended up with:

WAM: 66
ATAR: 91.00

cut off for b.commerce : 95~

Could you express your opinion in a percentage?

sghguos

HSC
N/A
Revising the question,

What would be the chance of me making an internal transfer to b.commerce at USYD if I took the needed summer school courses to fill up my fails and ended up with:

Oh and Im doing a b.economics which is actualy not in the business school faculty.

Kurby

HSC
N/A
Revising the question,

Ah you are doing B.Economics. Are you in your first year? If you are and if the system hasn't change, they take 50% of your ATAR into account and 50% of your WAM. With that WAM, it MIGHT be doable, a bit marginal since you are riding on bottom credit average. I'm not sure how it works, I imagine coming from B.Economics, it would help you?

sghguos

HSC
N/A
Ah you are doing B.Economics. Are you in your first year? If you are and if the system hasn't change, they take 50% of your ATAR into account and 50% of your WAM. With that WAM, it MIGHT be doable, a bit marginal since you are riding on bottom credit average. I'm not sure how it works, I imagine coming from B.Economics, it would help you?
Yes I am in first year. Thanks for the advice! I see you already done your b.economics degree with honours and UNSW, how are the job prospects after you complete the b.eco??

Also, does anyone else have any idea what my chances are of a transfer to b.commerce.

Kurby

HSC
N/A
Yes I am in first year. Thanks for the advice! I see you already done your b.economics degree with honours and UNSW, how are the job prospects after you complete the b.eco??

Also, does anyone else have any idea what my chances are of a transfer to b.commerce.
Honours helps a lot. Most of my year went to do Treasury, ABS, productivity, private economic consulting, management consulting, + government departments.

sghguos

HSC
N/A
Honours helps a lot. Most of my year went to do Treasury, ABS, productivity, private economic consulting, management consulting, + government departments.
wow nice.

Do you think it would also help for private firms like finance companies? big 4?

engineering

HSC
N/A
I beieve you would have to re-apply through UAC to go from BEc, to BCom - double check with the faculty office.

If that is then the case, your summer school results would have zero impact, because the results are not known till well after the UAC selection process takes place.

I strongly suggest that you if you want more specific answers you approach the admissions office with the main student centre

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)