Does anyone here do PHIL132?? (1 Viewer)

*rinney*

HSC
I was sick today (Thursday 7th April) and had no energy to make it into my PHIL132 1pm tutorial with Chris Modjeska. Is anyone in that class?? :( I'm really regretting missing it... Cuz I think she woulda been talking about Religion and Morality, which is what I'm doing my essay on.

If anyone could top me up on what was covered in today's tute, that would be greeeeeeat! :p Thanks :)

X

xeuyrawp

*rinney* said:
I was sick today (Thursday 7th April) and had no energy to make it into my PHIL132 1pm tutorial with Chris Modjeska. Is anyone in that class?? :( I'm really regretting missing it... Cuz I think she woulda been talking about Religion and Morality, which is what I'm doing my essay on.

If anyone could top me up on what was covered in today's tute, that would be greeeeeeat! :p Thanks :)
LOL, i come to help you again. I do 132. add me to MSN and we can talk. rob.p@optushome.com.au

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
I did it and Chris was a great tutor :)

For the most part, tutorials are only discussion points of what you read from the readings and the lectures. So you should be fine if you work through that.

But, what exactly is your question?

X

xeuyrawp

AsyLum said:
I did it and Chris was a great tutor :)

For the most part, tutorials are only discussion points of what you read from the readings and the lectures. So you should be fine if you work through that.

But, what exactly is your question?
I have monte. Dunno about him, he's cool, but bleh

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
jezzmo said:
he'll even take advantage of your being female and all. in fact, in all honesty, he's a sex offender and you should probably avoid his suggestive dialogue.

Crazy man, make yourself a banana and split! Foo'! :)
sex offender is sooo derogatory :(

I prefer the term menace to children everywhere :p

*rinney*

HSC
my msn is currently farked up :chainsaw: haha *random smiley* but thanks for your help ppls :)

the essay question i'm doing is 'in what sense, if any, is belief in god relevant for morality"

interesting q...it's a little difficult though :cool: but i'm packing it cuz i've hardly started it as i have two other assessments due this week. argh!

but don't let me worry you ppl's, it's all good :p

X

xeuyrawp

*rinney* said:
my msn is currently farked up :chainsaw: haha *random smiley* but thanks for your help ppls :)

the essay question i'm doing is 'in what sense, if any, is belief in god relevant for morality"

interesting q...it's a little difficult though :cool: but i'm packing it cuz i've hardly started it as i have two other assessments due this week. argh!

but don't let me worry you ppl's, it's all good :p
that's what i'm doing, too:(

X

xeuyrawp

ok, at the night class- the two guys (the one totally at the front, more specifically) are REALLY annoying with their gay comments and questions. I got so annoyed in one lecture I gave an audible, although accidental, moan. :chainsaw:

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
Well exploring the concept of "religion being the people's opium" is the most obvious way to go. But alternatively there is another concept which states "can there not be a good atheist" that is that religion in its various forms is not needed for the most basic of moralities. It is intrinsic in human nature that pain is not felt, and as such the infliction of such pain is therefore contradictory to any sort of moral obligations, and this is concluded purely without religion.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)