Does anyone have information about font choice? (1 Viewer)

offscone

HSC
Hi everybody,
In the guidebook my school gave me, they mention that "Students may wish to vary the fotn and layout of their Majour Work, where such strategies are in accordance with their investigation of and experimentation with the text."
I would really prefer not to use Arial or Times New Roman, because my text is historical fiction and as such font helps reflect that it is not a contemporary setting, but i cant find any more information on it than this. Theres a link in here to a Board official notice regarding it, but it doesnt work.
Does anyone know anything??

offscone

HSC
Mmm yeah i know the basic ones, but what this suggested was that we can use other fonts if we can justify it. I also noticed that quite a few of the works in the standards package aren't in arial or times new roman.

offscone

HSC
Yeah good point. Alright then, cheers everybody. Good luck!

bigwillz

Bigwillz
HSC
N/A
yeah, i wouldnt listen to argonaut,(sorry mate) he said in a post i read that he didnt do adv eng, or ex1 eng, so god knows why he's in the ex2 forum. yeah, im stickin with arial double spaced. unless there is a purpose for a change of font then go for it, just remember to explain it of course.

Dreamerish*~

Love Addict - Nakashima
HSC
bigwillz said:
yeah, i wouldnt listen to argonaut,(sorry mate) he said in a post i read that he didnt do adv eng, or ex1 eng, so god knows why he's in the ex2 forum. yeah, im stickin with arial double spaced. unless there is a purpose for a change of font then go for it, just remember to explain it of course.
LOL, that was a little rude... :rolleyes:

timmay05

HSC
YOU ARE WRONG!

Exact syllabus wording is "should" not must.

I called the guy at the Board who does ext 2 inquiries, he said I was perfectly correct. So long as I mention why I did it in my reflection statement and journal it is okay.

You can also vary the size of the font.

OutOfOrder

HSC
Checked for the 3rd time with my teacher today; Yeah you can, as long as it adds to the Major Work, and not just stupid and irrelevant

fleepbasding

HSC TUTOR
HSC
Is 1.5 acceptable then? Thanks Argo for the info but I really need it from Jhakka or someone to confirm it. I really hope 1.5 spacing is fine because I HATE double spacing. It makes the writer look like a freaking numbskull. 1.5 is bad enough but DOUBLE... I think I'd die. I'm slo doing a theatre script so double-spacing really jars the dialogue for the reader. Or atleast that's the impression I get.

_Benji_

HSC
Wow....someone else has the same absolute hate of double spacing as I do???! It was painful having to do it for my poor PIP. I hope ee2 is only 1.5 *shudders*. I swear you can't read it properly.... I only double space at the last possible moment or even I lose track of my story! grr...

c_james

Viva La Merchandise!
HSC
The dude that came 1st in the state last year used 1.5 spacing...

The Board's "requirements" are general, sometimes trivial, guidelines. It's actually healthy to ignore them every now and then. At the end of the day some Nazi-like marker won't say "1.5 SPACING BE DAMNED! 2/50!", so yeah, I say go for it...

fleepbasding

HSC TUTOR
HSC
Everyone who I consider intelligent hates doublespacing... you are not alone Benji!

yeah I noticed that in the statetoppers work as well. I'll take your advice and do 1.5 spacing. I'm also going with Ariel font because it looks better for scripts than times new roman.

fleepbasding

HSC TUTOR
HSC
I've read that about Times new roman, but it still looks shit for scripts. I'm sure of it. It just looks crap for my script. I like times new roman and my reflection statement will probably be times new roman but the script will definately be Aeriel.

bigwillz

Bigwillz
HSC
N/A
Argonaut said:
find someoen who can repeatedly tell the difference between 1.5 and 2 ...

yeah, i doubt someone is gonna pull out the ruler, let alone take a mark off for having your text a few milimetres off. this convo is starting to get trivial, hell why dun you hand write it in calligraphy with the finest giant squid ink and peacock feather.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)