does anyone have any information on available workshops on script writing? (1 Viewer)

K8lyn

hi i am in year 11 and just about to start the hsc course. i was wondering if anyone had any information on script writing worships for the HSC extention 2 english course. i live in sydney. any information would be greatly appreciated!!!

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
Originally posted by K8lyn
hi i am in year 11 and just about to start the hsc course. i was wondering if anyone had any information on script writing worships for the HSC extention 2 english course. i live in sydney. any information would be greatly appreciated!!!
hehe worships....yes well i think the cult to david williamson shall be opening soon... :D ....umm sorry couldnt resist...

...ummm i wonder if theyre gonna have another ext 2 enrichment day...anyone remember that ?...pretty useless i found it, plus the author chic they got was an absolute up-herself and deserved to be lynched and burnt in harry potter books....erhm....back to the topic...i really didnt hear much throughout the year about script writings seminars or workshops but mainly ones focused on novellas and poetry....

ill keep an ear out open just in case....hmm thats an idea for helping these guys out...open a sticky to announce when various seminars/workshops are made available...cos i found hearing about a seminar afterwards, especially when it was as vital as actually hearing keith windschuttle, really peed me off....so how bouts it mods ? good idea ?

blah says she

blah. blah. blah.
HSC
I went to an EE2 "help" day at Darling Harbour last year, turned out to be the biggest waste of money! (Not that that helps you). I think AsyLum's idea is good.. um, mods.. anyone?

narrator

HSC
N/A
i remember that help day, only helped me fall asleep,

K8lyn, i wrote a script and found the best stuff was on the web,

http://www.singlelane.com/escript/ this site is not bad, but the best thing you can use is other scripts, just get a copy of a couple and check the format and stuff, you'll also find that different types of scripts (tv, radio etc) have different layouts

hope that helps

chip

HSC
hey i wrote a script this year and there is a thread around here somewhere thats has heaps of info about a script writing workshop that we went to this year its around here somewhere

and hey there was a good eta day this year around april that will probably happen again if that helps

snakeoils

Why do I have this?
HSC
keep an eye out for AFTRS days too... ive heard some of them can be handy (and look great in your process diary too!)

chip

HSC
hey snakeoils how did your major work finish up???? havent seen you here for ages

w i l l s

'...there is a thread around here somewhere thats has heaps of info about a script writing workshop that we went to this year its around here somewhere
and hey there was a good eta day this year around april that will probably happen again if that helps' - chip

kewl ... im thinking of either doing a script or novella for my MW ... do u knw the name of that thread or day u were talking abt??

'keep an eye out for AFTRS days too... ive heard some of them can be handy (and look great in your process diary too!)' - snakeoils

AFTRS days?? what r they?

thx!

chip

HSC
the thread is called did anyone go to the eta day and i posted in it so it will come up as being used in the last 30 days

snakeoils

Why do I have this?
HSC
hey chip... my major work ended up finished, which was GOOD!!

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
Originally posted by AsyLum
ill keep an ear out open just in case....hmm thats an idea for helping these guys out...open a sticky to announce when various seminars/workshops are made available...cos i found hearing about a seminar afterwards, especially when it was as vital as actually hearing keith windschuttle, really peed me off....so how bouts it mods ? good idea ?
just to reiterate this lil point :)

maybe good idea? no ?

Tender Branson

I recently finished a script writing course at Sydney Uni.

I could send you some sheets of stuff if you want -

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)