Does anyone feel..? (1 Viewer)

bahhh

HSC
Does anyone feel like every exam just isn't working out how it should..? Like that you just NEVER get any essay question you prepared for (What's the chance of studying hard for 28/30 dot-points, and having an essay from the other two?), or you just aren't answering anything well, and walking out of every exam dissapointed only to hear all your friends excitement at "How easy that was!" ..? I don't know if someone cast some sort of curse on me, but I have been doing fine in school for years, did fine in the half-yearly exams, and fine in the trials.. My assessment marks overall have not been great, but my exam results have been okay throughout, and everyone thought at the least I would have a 75 in the bag, if not 80. Now I'm walking out of EVERY exam angry at how badly it worked out, and I'm thinking I am probably going to slip even behind the 75 mark, and I don't mean to be moaning and whinging about it on here, I just want to know if anyone is feeling the same way and going through the same thing.. Because so much/ pretty much all of my study has been useless and I guess I would feel a lot better knowing I'm not alone. Thanks.

mzduxx2006

HSC
bahhh said:
Does anyone feel like every exam just isn't working out how it should..? Like that you just NEVER get any essay question you prepared for (What's the chance of studying hard for 28/30 dot-points, and having an essay from the other two?), or you just aren't answering anything well, and walking out of every exam dissapointed only to hear all your friends excitement at "How easy that was!" ..? I don't know if someone cast some sort of curse on me, but I have been doing fine in school for years, did fine in the half-yearly exams, and fine in the trials.. My assessment marks overall have not been great, but my exam results have been okay throughout, and everyone thought at the least I would have a 75 in the bag, if not 80. Now I'm walking out of EVERY exam angry at how badly it worked out, and I'm thinking I am probably going to slip even behind the 75 mark, and I don't mean to be moaning and whinging about it on here, I just want to know if anyone is feeling the same way and going through the same thing.. Because so much/ pretty much all of my study has been useless and I guess I would feel a lot better knowing I'm not alone. Thanks.
omg no thats me entirely. THEN i think "fuk i should have tried harder" when i done my hardest. then i'll be dissapointed with my HSC and UAI cause it doesnt compare to my sisters 97 UAI. wtf? :(

ahen

Sexy Member
HSC
i felt like that in most of my trial exams
and you know what?
i got my results back and it turned out i did really well, the ones i did bad in were the ones i THOUGHT i did well in
if that makes any sense
so i wouldn't worry too much just yet :)

Legham

HSC
I've only had english so far but they've gone sweet. I went much better than i should considering how much preperation i did (none, other than reading the texts)

nesseh

HSC
mzduxx2006 said:
omg no thats me entirely. THEN i think "fuk i should have tried harder" when i done my hardest. then i'll be dissapointed with my HSC and UAI cause it doesnt compare to my sisters 97 UAI. wtf? :(
that's me EXACTLY.

i KNOW i won't live up to my brother's 97.75 UAI.

heck, if i get 90 i'll be spinning no-handed cartwheels. i'd be so overjoyed. :(

the thing is, i know i haven't put in my absolute all, so i've no one to blame but myself (and everyone else who went better than me) if i get below 80.

xclusv2bhung

sexier than neha x10000
HSC
bahhh said:
FUCK YES. x]

especially chem !
you gotta learn like 20 pracs - lo and behold , theyll always test you on the one you know least.

lol but i guess all sciences are like that , but meh. its over xD , thats something to be happy about !

Fish Sauce

HSC
N/A
xclusv2bhung said:
FUCK YES. x]

especially chem !
you gotta learn like 20 pracs - lo and behold , theyll always test you on the one you know least.

lol but i guess all sciences are like that , but meh. its over xD , thats something to be happy about !
Oh man, agree on Chem completely. All my other exams have been fairly decent, but I don't think I did too well on that at all.

Equilibrium model? stfu BOS.

starrysky

HSC
I just feel apathetic towards studying right now; not over-working myself in cramming for Biology tomorrow (hence why I'm on here and don't have my nose buried in a revision guide ... literally ...) because I'll probably end up trying to answer crap that I know nothing about, and everything that I DO know will go to waste.

Blah. *dropkicks Board of Studies to Mars* :mad1:

Mr-X

HSC
English - Lucky for me the questions fit in perfectly for what I planned
Business Studies - Went over the whole syllabus and found the exam easy and the only surprise was the lack of working out of ratios
Chemistry - Well I know jack all about chemistry so nothing surprised me because I wouldn't know how to answer 90% of the questions anyway
Maths - Well I knew question 9 and/or 10 would be quite complicated for me, but I came out quite well for Q9 but poorly for Q10.

1 more exam for me, which is economics. Hopefully it won't be to hard.

dwatt

HSC
Yeah this is how I feel. Esp about the working harder part.

But you know what? What you did is what you did. The amount of work you put was the amount of work you were always going to put in. If you didn't work harder..... - well you probably weren't GOING to work harder!

Be happy with what you get, it will be reflective of what you deserve, based on what you did.

xclusv2bhung

sexier than neha x10000
HSC
dwatt said:
But you know what? What you did is what you did. The amount of work you put was the amount of work you were always going to put in. If you didn't work harder..... - well you probably weren't GOING to work harder!
gee that was motivating haha. nah jk , i get where youre coming from though - i guess it sorta makes sense , i didnt whip my ass into gear til right towards the end ... so i cant really expect crazy high marks like everyone else.

Fish Sauce said:
Oh man, agree on Chem completely. All my other exams have been fairly decent, but I don't think I did too well on that at all.

Equilibrium model? stfu BOS.
yeah i was tryna figure out that one too - i was thinking they'd pull out that cliched bromine water prac !! -grumble- well heres to a band 4 !

FromDeeEast

HSC
i dont know y many people have so many doubts. i honestly can say i did jack shit work all this yr, and if i do get a shit mark its because i deserve. the people who actually study and put alot of effort in if u do get a shit mark, atleast u can say u put 100% (or close to) effort in

tanjin

el oh vee eee ♥
HSC
FromDeeEast said:
i dont know y many people have so many doubts. i honestly can say i did jack shit work all this yr, and if i do get a shit mark its because i deserve. the people who actually study and put alot of effort in if u do get a shit mark, atleast u can say u put 100% (or close to) effort in
Some people who study a lot can still find certain exams difficult and although they've probably done every question correctly, its hard not to feel stressed out.

You come out from the exam hall once its finished and you find that almost everyone answered the few hard questions differently. Most people get freaked out thinking, they've failed and they answered the questions incorrectly - STRESS TIME. When it happens to me, I think about it for a few minutes and then I get over it. But that's me. :eek:

Whatever happens, happens :D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)