does anyone else feel stuffed (1 Viewer)

stressedadfff

HSC
i feel like im trying my best to do the most during the day but i literally end up struggling to teach my self silly things, ie. finance and all that and it wastes so much time and i dont feel prepared at all even though i havent been doing much other than studying but still? i feel very tired like my eyes hurt and everything which is probs why im not as efficent but if i sleep im not making the most out of my time either so its so stressing and confusing like everything i learnt during lockdown didnt make sense to me jouleksjdfhgjdgrkeldfjnsbheirwuyqo holy crap yay!

O01x

HSC
So drained from the lockdown, going to school everyday and being in a routine allowed me to stay focused but with trials cancelled and a really long lockdown it really took a toll on my motivation. It also didn't help that I didn't do that good in my previous tasks before trials but with trials being cancelled it hindered my motivation even further as it was meant to be a redemption thing. Internals screwed. With all this negative stuff happening I've just reacted to this by playing video games or on twitter for 12-14 hours a day with basically no study. Externals screwed.

Send help.

stressedadfff

HSC
So drained from the lockdown, going to school everyday and being in a routine allowed me to stay focused but with trials cancelled and a really long lockdown it really took a toll on my motivation. It also didn't help that I didn't do that good in my previous tasks before trials but with trials being cancelled it hindered my motivation even further as it was meant to be a redemption thing. Internals screwed. With all this negative stuff happening I've just reacted to this by playing video games or on twitter for 12-14 hours a day with basically no study. Externals screwed.

Send help.
no literally i think my internals are fine but externals are gonna be extreme shit my friends have been so productive so it makes it go to even more shit and less motivation i dont want to give up ughgfu

DarkOperator618

HSC
i feel like im trying my best to do the most during the day but i literally end up struggling to teach my self silly things, ie. finance and all that and it wastes so much time and i dont feel prepared at all even though i havent been doing much other than studying but still? i feel very tired like my eyes hurt and everything which is probs why im not as efficent but if i sleep im not making the most out of my time either so its so stressing and confusing like everything i learnt during lockdown didnt make sense to me jouleksjdfhgjdgrkeldfjnsbheirwuyqo holy crap yay!
fkn send it

seriously, don't kill yourself studying. yes, its important but also take care of yourself. Maybe watch something on Netflix (Squid game is apparently very good), or some shitty movies to take your mind off it (He's all that lmao)

yea, also get some sleep whilst youre at it and try and squeeze in 30-40 mins of exercise/day

mikrokosmos

HSC
yeah, especially with all the time lost bc of personal circumstances I have to grind for five weeks and know everything. my eyes ache from 12 hours of screens, I have no time for relaxing or me time, tasks drag out, I just want to go to school sm can’t wait for 25th

mikrokosmos

HSC
fkn send it

seriously, don't kill yourself studying. yes, its important but also take care of yourself. Maybe watch something on Netflix (Squid game is apparently very good), or some shitty movies to take your mind off it (He's all that lmao)

yea, also get some sleep whilst youre at it and try and squeeze in 30-40 mins of exercise/day
HAHAH yes he’s all that is a major mood booster pls it’s so bad

DarkOperator618

HSC
HAHAH yes he’s all that is a major mood booster pls it’s so bad
i heard about it purely from lewis spears roasting the hell out of it

then i watched the movie. Goddam i want my 90mins or smth back

Remember the good old days where you had to audition to get a role? THe product placement in the movie was dog shit

totally_screwed

Baddest Member
HSC
fkn send it

here to confirm squid game is literally a masterpiece, hsc can wait plz just take a day or two to watch the show, shame it's only 9 episodes it was so amazing : ((

DarkOperator618

HSC
here to confirm squid game is literally a masterpiece, hsc can wait plz just take a day or two to watch the show, shame it's only 9 episodes it was so amazing : ((
yea, apparently one good show upon many

there's not been many decent movies lately (i.e. cinderella, he's all that, a bunch of others)

CM_Tutor

HSC
N/A
A lot of students are struggling. This year's HSC cohort have been dealt a really shit hand. :(

Some advice:
  1. Don't spend all your time studying - time off is valuable too
  2. Don't spend all your time looking at a screen. It is tiring on the eyes and physically draining. Spend time with printed papers, for example, or your notes.
  3. Variety is good, which includes changing topics / subjects but also locations. You don't need to study only in your room. Maybe set up a table outside and work there for a while?
  4. Set realistic goals. "I'm going to do two past papers in 4 h, then have lunch, then do another 3 papers before dinner" is unrealistic. It doesn't give time to reflect on strengths and weaknesses illustrated by papers, and it leaves you de-motivated and feeling a failure for not having achieved a goal that was not sensible to start with.
  5. When taking a break, actually take a break. Going to the toilet and spending the 5 minutes away from your desk thinking about the last question that you are struggling to answer is not a break. Breaks mean not only physical separation from your work, but also mental separation.
  6. You will have a life after the HSC, this is not the defining event of your next 60 years!

sab13562

HSC
Same honestly. Take a break if u need to and then come back nice and fresh. Try changing your study environment as well, maybe in the garden for example if you have one.

mikrokosmos

HSC
i heard about it purely from lewis spears roasting the hell out of it

then i watched the movie. Goddam i want my 90mins or smth back

Remember the good old days where you had to audition to get a role? THe product placement in the movie was dog shit
YEAHH I recommend Danny Gonzalez’s video about it he said there were like 40 or something brands involved???? He’s so funny

Last edited:

mikrokosmos

HSC
Same honestly. Take a break if u need to and then come back nice and fresh. Try changing your study environment as well, maybe in the garden for example if you have one.
call me a Romantic but nature really has a healing ability. I recommend journaling or gratitude journaling in nature and walks!! I used to avoid them but now it’s so fun!! Maybe even call a friend while walking or just save some time to be introspective. My favourite time to go is around 4:30-5 ish for the golden hour walk, or at 5:45 for a walk with the moon :)

Last edited:

sab13562

HSC
call me a Romantic but nature really has a healing ability. I recommend journaling or gratitude journaling in nature and walks!! I used to avoid them but now it’s so fun!! Maybe even call a friend while walking or just save some time to be introspective. My favourite time to go is around 4:30-5 ish for the golden hour walk, or at 5:45 for a walk with the moon :)
Studying in nature really helps lift my spirits and makes me more motivated.

cloud_berry

HSC
i haven’t studied for a month tbh. like i genuinely just gave up. the worst thing is, i don’t see the point in studying anymore since i got early offers.. my mental health is already crap so why should i make it worse by studying if i basically already got into the uni i want?? i just don’t see the point idk what to do:(

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)