does anyone actually know how state ranks are determined? like so many people say its external only, is that true? nesa has NOTHING on it. (1 Viewer)

itsalovehaterelo

HSC
^ what that says. surely its external only cos internal marking is so fucked

carrotsss

HSC
It is based on the average of your moderated internal marks and external marks (ie just your normal hsc mark), however, if you’re first your internal mark will be the highest external mark from your cohort (presumably your own), and because state ranking pretty much requires you to be first, it might as well be external only beyond that

itsalovehaterelo

HSC
waittt thats so odd so youre telling me at a school with like 0.5 between first and 10th, 10th cant even get a state rank even if they get like THE TOP mark in the state?

carrotsss

HSC
I mean it’s theoretically possible if you had a really strong cohort and really small gap, it’s just quite unlikely

scaryshark09

∞∆ who let 'em cook dis long ∆∞
HSC
people who have been ranked 2-4 in subjects often get state ranks in my school even tho rank 1 doesn't.

if 10 is only 0.5 off 1st then its very possible to get state ranks cause you internal will only be slightly below rank 1 (as they take into account the gap when moderating)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)